Author Topic: knights  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: knights
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »
It seems like all the missions ran by people that know what their doing anymore are NOE. I hate NOE missions. :salute

NOE missions are completely reasonable from the perspective of the "win the war" types as they afford the greatest likelihood of affecting capture without having to actually fight any defenders. A rapid succession of NOE missions can also be run more quickly than traditional missions as no time-consuming alt'ing is required. This greatly enhances potential captures per unit time...
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
NOE missions are completely reasonable from the perspective of the "win the war" types as they afford the greatest likelihood of affecting capture without having to actually fight any defenders. A rapid succession of NOE missions can also be run more quickly than traditional missions as no time-consuming alt'ing is required. This greatly enhances potential captures per unit time...

I don't play at 2 to 5 AM local time (CDST) when the arenas are sparse.

Weekends and 11AM to 10 PM local time the LW arenas are teeming...especially in USA prime time.

Any mission I've been on during peak times as soon as the base starts blinking there are uppers...and as soon as any darbar appears they start coming out of the barn like cockroaches when you kick a garbage dumpster.   :)

All sides do NOE missions.

I hope the original poster finds a home somewhere, and doesn't base his experiences on such a short period of time.

And  :salute Zazen.

ROX

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »

I don't play at 2 to 5 AM local time (CDST) when the arenas are sparse.

Weekends and 11AM to 10 PM local time the LW arenas are teeming...especially in USA prime time.

Any mission I've been on during peak times as soon as the base starts blinking there are uppers...and as soon as any darbar appears they start coming out of the barn like cockroaches when you kick a garbage dumpster.   :)

All sides do NOE missions.

I hope the original poster finds a home somewhere, and doesn't base his experiences on such a short period of time.

And  :salute Zazen.

ROX

Do you find many spies on at those times?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »
Titanic Tuesday is the day that the Pigs tend to run fighter sweeps or get into extended GV battles.  As others have said before, there really is no need to go on attack for territory on TT.  We consider Titanic Tuesday a day off to kill, maim, or destroy whatever makes you happy with little or no structure! :rock

I agree, best day for furballs. No real reason to take real estate on TT.
JaCkRiPr

Offline OSU

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
I was just thinking about posting something similar.  I don't really understand why people don't want to coordinate.  I find nothing more immersing than flying in formation or a formation of bombers going NOE to their target.

Since I have flown with a squad now I find it boring flying around aimlessly with no goal in mind.  I find it much more interesting and quite intense at times flying with people and coordinating for a cause. 

So I recommend every one join missions.  Pick a mission leader and execute a plan.  Much more fun... 

I agree with you. I have fun when none of my squaddies are on, but it's much more fun when I'm either with them or in a well organized mission.

As for the kinghts, it seems like we either are losing the war, or we are beating the crap out of everyone else.
If I can't win, I die. But if I win, I live. And I can't win if I don't fight.
--Mikasa Ackerman

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 08:53:18 PM »
I was just thinking about posting something similar.  I don't really understand why people don't want to coordinate.  I find nothing more immersing than flying in formation or a formation of bombers going NOE to their target.

Since I have flown with a squad now I find it boring flying around aimlessly with no goal in mind.  I find it much more interesting and quite intense at times flying with people and coordinating for a cause. 

So I recommend every one join missions.  Pick a mission leader and execute a plan.  Much more fun... 

I also agree.  Even if it not a posted mission, but an in-squad ( new word?) mission or like we do when the JUGS get together.  Gather intel, pick a target, get the right planes, and perform the operation.  Anything from fighter sweep in D-11's to base taking in D-47's or N's.  I think it's an unwritten rule that we will NEVER go NOE.  One time we were in 11's on a fighter sweep, got into formation, broke the dar ring, looped around till enemy dar equaled ours, gave them time to get to alt and then engaged.  Teamwork in any fashion is what makes this game uber fun.   
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 09:03:57 PM »
I disagree with zazen. All 3 countries are about the same.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:44 PM »
Personally its the squad thing that works for me - when we get 4 or more on, we wing up and try and cause as much chaos as we can. We do the base capture thing if we can find one that has uppers (waaay more fun to actually fight for it) Recently we captured with just 3 of us on - 1 x 110, 1 x tempest and 1 with troops - I had to make multiple runs in the 110 to take town down, Bruv was engaging everything with his temp, and Stu ran troops - there was no way we should have taken the base, but we did - and had fun doing so.

All countries to me seem the same, same gripes, same methods - not really found 1 that was different to any of the others - it seems to depend who's online and when.

If I'm flying alone, I'll up wherever needs defending/attacking etc - much prefer fights to come to me, unless I go out and pick one.......which generally ends up with me dying, but I'm having fun with it either way.

YMMV,

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »
Personally its the squad thing that works for me - when we get 4 or more on, we wing up and try and cause as much chaos as we can. We do the base capture thing if we can find one that has uppers (waaay more fun to actually fight for it) Recently we captured with just 3 of us on - 1 x 110, 1 x tempest and 1 with troops - I had to make multiple runs in the 110 to take town down, Bruv was engaging everything with his temp, and Stu ran troops - there was no way we should have taken the base, but we did - and had fun doing so.

All countries to me seem the same, same gripes, same methods - not really found 1 that was different to any of the others - it seems to depend who's online and when.

If I'm flying alone, I'll up wherever needs defending/attacking etc - much prefer fights to come to me, unless I go out and pick one.......which generally ends up with me dying, but I'm having fun with it either way.

YMMV,

<S>

Wurzel

What ^^^^^ he said can be a lot of fun.

ROX

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »
I also agree.  Even if it not a posted mission, but an in-squad ( new word?) mission or like we do when the JUGS get together.  Gather intel, pick a target, get the right planes, and perform the operation.  Anything from fighter sweep in D-11's to base taking in D-47's or N's.  I think it's an unwritten rule that we will NEVER go NOE.  One time we were in 11's on a fighter sweep, got into formation, broke the dar ring, looped around till enemy dar equaled ours, gave them time to get to alt and then engaged.  Teamwork in any fashion is what makes this game uber fun.   

The "in squad" missions will work the best. Regardless of the numbers and opposition any coordinated group of 6 can take a base in 20-30 minutes IF they can work everything by the numbers. Obviously once you miss a single element then the domino's start to fall and it all goes south....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »
Zazen you write very well. I wish I had such a talent. I just can't accept your characterization of the different "types" of people that comprise each of the 3 countries.

From your well written post you would have me believe that the people in each "country" have different values and ways of doing things maybe even different thought values.  That perhaps the citizens of these countries have different cultures and that explains why they all behave differently.

I would rather think that all three countries behave exactly the same way.  Maybe it depends who is observing the behavior and makes note of it at the time.

As I said my writting on BBS's is horrible so I hope at least you can decipher what I typed. :)

Or maybe I'm just flat wrong and all Rooks really are alt monkeys.   ;)
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »
It seems like all the missions ran by people that know what their doing anymore are NOE. I hate NOE missions. :salute

Not all.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2008, 12:01:49 AM »
I disagree with zazen. All 3 countries are about the same.

I agree...I have been Bish. since day one.  Never saw a need to change.  Being what human nature is, I believe all the countries, for the most part, are going to be the same. 

I have been alone at a Vehicle Base many of times when the Nits and Rooks bring wave after wave of bombers just to take a single Vehicle Base.  This is not a whine, because its all part of the game, but it just goes to show all countries take advantage of non or lightly defended bases.

Fred
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:14:07 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2008, 12:37:01 AM »
bahh loyalty...should be forced to fly with lowest number side upon logon.  :aok
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2008, 12:42:32 AM »

YMMV,

<S>

Wurzel

That take was a complete farce   :lol.      I would have rated it as a 1% success rate but somehow we did it.  Secondly the 15 or so nits against 4 guys in around the base couldnt locate and kill a goon and were too busy chasing my Temp for 10 minutes.  Even when wurzel popped the last building he had 3 guys on his 110.  Now I don't care much for the land grab but when the ack turns on that many guys I can hear  their range vox   "WTF they took it!"  as our new shiny ack tears them all a new one   :)

The Few ***
F.P.H