Author Topic: installing skins  (Read 1260 times)

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
installing skins
« on: August 03, 2008, 07:46:10 AM »
I have download the skins in game,when i go to the hanger they are all in red letters.And they will not overlay onto my spit? i have done something wrong lol,if i missed the post in here about it i apologize
been looking but saw nothing.thanks for any help you send my way

better then 2 cents
50 cents

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: installing skins
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »
Are you a member? If not, you dont get new skins. :)

Click the box in the hangar on your plane that says 'Auto Down-load skins in the background'
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:09:23 PM »
You are free to download the skins from the website and you can see them offline.

you say "I have downloaded the skins in game" -- well have you downloaded ALL of them? They can take a LOOOOOONG time to fully download all of them. Perhaps the skin you are waiting for just isn't downloaded yet?

Go to the HTC website and under downloads you'll be able to pick and choose which skins you can get first. That might save you some time.

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »
I'm talking the skins in the game,i have the spit skins DLed in aces high......you guys with me? ...OK they appear red in the menu....where the default skin is....in game...as far as a membership for skins .......I'm only interested in the skins that you download in game ........i hope this helps bring me some positive feedback this time.

50 Cents

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »
You can only use the skins you download if you pay your $14.95 a month.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:07 PM »
Er, no. You can download them and use them offline. In THAT case it's free.

EDIT: Just to clarify, you can't DOWNLOAD the skins in-game without a subscription.

However, if you go DOWNLOAD them one by one at the HTC download page, you don't need a subscription.

Check here:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/download/dlsframe.html

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:09:43 AM »
I PAY 14.95 PER MONTH is there another charge i need to pay?????? im already paying my subscription.....lol does that clarify anything??????

50 Cents

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
Yes it clarifies things, you can wait for them to download while you play, or download them from the downloads page, individually.

There is no extra charge.

Go nuts
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »
i have what i want DLed they are still red in the hanger cant overlay them??,as a matter of fact i have had them DLed for 3 weeks now.and i only get to look at the red letters,and yes i have had my subscription since i signed up.

50 Cents
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:49:22 AM by 50 Cents »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »
you have them all in the skin folder or do you have them in folders for each plane named after the plane?

example:All F4U-1 skins are in folder name: f4u1
All F4U-1D skins are in folder name: f4u1d

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »
THATS WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW! thanku so much...i salute you and again thanks for clearing this up

50 Cents

Offline 50 Cents

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
OK i named the folders and placed the skins in for example P51-D .......ill be dammed if it doest work ...now i named a folder Spitfire MK XVI and placed the spit skins in there ...nothing,I know I'm probably not doing something right,and yes all skins were in the skins folder, i just separated them into there proper aircraft folders that i named in the skins folder .lol i give up...thanks for all the help anyway.

Skinless....
50 Cents

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »
i don't think you need the "-" in P-51D. I think it should be named "p51d" and the spit should be "spitxvi". might be wrong on the spit.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »
All the *.res files belong directly in the skins folder.  You will have to go online for a bit to get the "skins.res" file.  Remove that file from the "skins" folder.  Go online.  You will get a new "skins.res" folder which should allow you to access any of the skins you have installed in the "skins" folder.

Now, this only applies to the skins from our WEB site or via the auto-download in the game.

I am also assuming you are not using Vista as the operating system.  All the rules for where things are located change with Vista.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com