Author Topic: New map in TA_ What is This For  (Read 658 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
New map in TA_ What is This For
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
I noticed a few changes within the TA map and I like, but what are these for?

I especially like that targets regenerate very quickly now and you can see which bases spawn at alt.

Are there any other changes that you've noticed and what are their uses?

This looks like it could be used as some kind of lawn dart game.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: New map in TA_ What is This For
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »
AHTC Announcments  The thread is right here it the top 3 most recent threads.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:40:21 PM »
AHTC Announcments  The thread is right here it the top 3 most recent threads.

RGR,  I see that now but never would have thought to click on it for that info because of the title. Didn't realize until after checked TA map threads and posted.

Thanks, ;)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
Still looks like a lawn dart game to me. Don't understand what it could practically be used for..... Maybe it just needs some GV's scattered around the sides of those hills. Put some on the level target too I suppose and make them so they re-spawn quickly like when offline.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:57:32 PM »
Umm, a target?

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
Umm, a target?

Yeah but for what?  Can't help ya kill hangers, cv's or even efficiently kill a town for that matter. Why are those targets on side of hills BTW?? I'm just confused as to it's purpose....makes good land art i suppose.
Just poking fun now is all.

I think it would have been more fun if it looked like a dart board  :rofl

The GV idea is best. Least you could practice carpet bombing them even the ones on the side of a hill.
That's an ugly drop btw :eek:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:35:07 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »
Umm, a target?

Yeah but for what?  Can't help ya kill hangers, cv's or even efficiently kill a town for that matter. Why are those targets on side of hills BTW?? I'm just confused as to it's purpose....makes good land art i suppose.

if you are being serious or not, I have not a clue, TOOL, but if you have ever used the Bomb Lead Computing site..this would clearly show you/help you in practicing/Training to learn how to properly drop bombs in level flight or by dive bombing......

you say
Just poking fun now is all.

The Trainers kind of get annoyed when people start throwing non productive post or comments /post in the Help & training forum .it clogs up / bogs down the particular use of this forum

We would rather have important / precise / correct informative post be put in this particular forum,  and leave all the other forums for the other un-needed BS .....

this is not directed solely at you, but at everyone who makes post in this fashion......

This forum is for the whole AH community to find important topics to help them learn and a place for them to ask important questions they may have .......so they can get correct informative answers replys.....

please try to help us do this ......we do not want to have to start moderating this forum , particularly.....but it seems it is starting to head in that direction, as of late.....

if you need help to seriously figure out what the bombing circles are for, then we would gladly set up a time to meet with you and show you how to use them properly, Sir
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »
Just FYI, the bullseyes on the sides of hills were intended for tanks, GVs, and PTs to practice rocket and shell aiming.

It's not all just about planes. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:15:18 PM »
Just FYI, the bullseyes on the sides of hills were intended for tanks, GVs, and PTs to practice rocket and shell aiming.

but none of those are available at A1 and theres no PT spawn to the lake beside A1  :)  Or it wasn't yesterday or day before..i dont remember when i was logged on ;)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
I would think those circles would be perfect for fine tuning ones dive-bombing skills.  A skill which I do not have, among others.  But I think I could get within the outer circle.  After a good day of practice, I'm sure I'll at least have some concept of aiming my ords. 
We can now destroy buildings too.  This was a concern for us in the Bloody Hundredths. When training new recruits we had no way to really record the damage per run.

WTG on the modified map. :salute
100Coogn
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
but none of those are available at A1 and theres no PT spawn to the lake beside A1  :)  Or it wasn't yesterday or day before..i dont remember when i was logged on ;)

Hmmm... there was when I made it... I'll check it out.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »
Hmmm... there was when I made it... I'll check it out.

also take into consideration that the trainers can enable/disable things from certain areas.  They disabled gvs, the 262, and the 163 at A1 for a reason  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 08:00:31 PM »
Try Knights A2 if you want to shoot at the targets from GVs.
but none of those are available at A1 and theres no PT spawn to the lake beside A1
There is a PT spawn at A1, though the purple spawn arrow is very short, and may not be visible without zooming in on the map.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »
could use them for spot landing contests :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 11:20:15 AM »

hhmm.....i noticed a cv group near there too....can it be brought inot range to practice aiming the 8 inchers?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)