Author Topic: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!  (Read 4009 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
Looks sweet, nice work HTC!
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
Looks sweet, nice work HTC!
Agreed :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »
Thanks HTC, any got details on this plane?
Wow. It's just getting a facelift...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »
Correct.  It should not be an option on the N1K2-J as they all had it.
You seem to have misunderstood my post.
It was in reply to 1942's post which stated that we should have accurate engine controls, but they should be optional (taking away the advantage of the 190's automatic controls).
Thus my reply that all planes would have optional auto flaps, thus taking away the advantage of the N1K's flaps.

I could have sworn that the 109, at least later versions, had automatic controls for RPMs, mixture, prop pitch, and cooling flap position. Not cowl flaps of course, but the flaps used to adjust the thrust and cooling properties of the in wing radiators.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
You seem to have misunderstood my post.
It was in reply to 1942's post which stated that we should have accurate engine controls, but they should be optional (taking away the advantage of the 190's automatic controls).
Thus my reply that all planes would have optional auto flaps, thus taking away the advantage of the N1K's flaps.

I could have sworn that the 109, at least later versions, had automatic controls for RPMs, mixture, prop pitch, and cooling flap position. Not cowl flaps of course, but the flaps used to adjust the thrust and cooling properties of the in wing radiators.

Poor wording from me....

I meant to say add "AUTO_ENGINE_MANAGMENT" ON/OFF toggle in ArenaSettings, a feature that's available for Campaign Managers (CMs?) when they host special events or in Allies vs Axis arena.  190s will be immune to ON/OFF feature since the Bimmer engine management is already automatic.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »
Poor wording from me....

I meant to say add "AUTO_ENGINE_MANAGMENT" ON/OFF toggle in ArenaSettings, a feature that's available for Campaign Managers (CMs?) when they host special events or in Allies vs Axis arena.

That makes much more sense :aok
By preferences I thought you meant the flight preferences.
Though I would like seeing accurate engine management in the MA's.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

I'm kinda surprised to see that no one has mentioned our old N1K2s already had the 'combat flap' factored into its FM.. it just wasn't visually represented.

Or at least, that's what I've heard.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
Looks awesome, although I was fairly disappointed when I loaded the homepage and thought I saw my A6M on it for a moment. :furious
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
I'm kinda surprised to see that no one has mentioned our old N1K2s already had the 'combat flap' factored into its FM.. it just wasn't visually represented.

:noid

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

But then there wouldn't be any difference between at least the first manual notch of flaps, and no manualy added flaps.. Which there is, as far as I remember.

Thanks HTC, any got details on this plane?
Yep.. Here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/N1K
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
Wait...I thought that was the Spitfire Mk XVI....

Now I am confused.....

The new N1K2-J looks good, and yes, it should have the autoflaps.  It had them in reality, it should have them here too.  And opnents can learn how to take advantage of the fact they they always come out.

Ok this post will likely go off topic.. but... here goes..  :lol

Honestly even though they are "easy" rides, Spit 16's have never really bugged me.. typically if one kills me, it's likely because I did something wrong during the fight, assuming it wasn't a pick . Nik2's on the other hand are far more Dweeby IMO because with four 20MM's it only takes one lucky spray and pray shot to damage your plane. So I tend to think of Niki's as more of a skill less dweeb plane, simply because it's often only the sheer amount of lead they spray out that tends to do the damage, not proper ACM or aim.

With that said I was actually killed by Spit 16's more than Nik2's last tour.

I killed only 20 Spit16's and was killed 15 times by them during tour 102. That's my worst kill to death ratio for the tour so maybe I should give them a bit more thought. Overall, I just don't perceive them as much of a threat in most situations.

With Niki2's

I killed 43 & was only killed 10 times by them. However I have had to RTB countless times because of spray & Pray Niki dweebs hitting one or more flight controls.  Yet it seems by stats almost none can ever actually finish the job of killing me. Either I still kill them while damaged or I'm able to simply RTB.

It comes down to either the fact I perceive Nik2's as more of a threat and do my best to dispatch them as fast as possible or the average Niki2 pilot sucks mucho grandee. Either way I can tell you if I've been killed by a Niki's it was either a total pick or a lucky spray and pray dweeb. I honestly can't think of any fight vs a Nik2, that I thought the pilot was actually good.

That's not just because I think it's a dweeb plane, I mean I consider LA7's dweeb planes but I've still fought some skilled pilots in them. Nik2's I just can't think of any fight that was actually good enough to remember. As a side note, I've also had some good fights against Spit16's.

Now getting off topic even more...(someone stop me  :rolleyes:)

Oddly enough the plane that had the most kills on me last tour, was Seafires with 37 deaths to that plane and I don't even think of that plane as a "real" threat. However I killed 67 seafires that same tour. All other Spit's combined only killed me a total of 5 times.

F6F's come in second place killing me a total of 23 times and me killing 81 of them.  A6M5's are third on the list with me killing 59 and being killed 21 times by them. My stats maybe a bit skewed though, because most of my fighting in the last tour has been at bases under attack by CV's. I typically up a 109 K4 at bases under attack and fight under 3k (because of Puffy) in among all the TnB CV planes.

Lately I've just been tired of flying 10 or 15 mins to another base just to get ganged, so I just up at capped bases or fight off CV attacks for faster action.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:17:29 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
Either way I can tell you if I've been killed by a Niki's it was either a total pick or a lucky spray and pray dweeb. I honestly can't think of any fight vs a Nik2, that I thought the pilot was actually good.

Wingzero.  I hear from reading on the boards that Lute is pretty good in it too.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »

Wingzero.  I hear from reading on the boards that Lute is pretty good in it too.

Sorry but looking at player vs player stats, you haven't killed me in the last 5 tours nor have I killed you. (that's as far back as I looked)

I did however kill Wingzero once tour 102 & once this current tour. Both times I was in a K4 and he was a Nik2.. No deaths of me by him or you are recorded in the stats.  :D

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:32:44 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
yeah wingzero is balls in that thing. He hides his E real well. I second vans' emotion.

I love watching nikkies fall apart under heavy 20mm hispano fire
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
On the screenshots I'm not too sure I like the several hundred wasted polys to display the prop mounts in the side of the spinner. You cannot see these when moving except in screenshots, which then simply illustrate the problems with the invisible prop anyways.

Several custom skins that include a 2d version are equally pointless IMO. It's not needed until prop blades are more than simple 2D shapes, and further until prop blades display when spinning like they should. So why bother? Why add even that minute hit to system performance by making it display all those extra curves and shades and shadows and bitmaps?