Author Topic: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: WE ARE GETTING THE N1K2!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »
The new N1K2-J looks good, and yes, it should have the autoflaps.  It had them in reality, it should have them here too.  And opnents can learn how to take advantage of the fact they they always come out.

By that logic then, we should get rid of the auto-retracting flaps on planes that didn't have them in real life.  They didn't have them in reality, they shouldn't have them here too.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
On the screenshots I'm not too sure I like the several hundred wasted polys to display the prop mounts in the side of the spinner. You cannot see these when moving except in screenshots, which then simply illustrate the problems with the invisible prop anyways.

Several custom skins that include a 2d version are equally pointless IMO. It's not needed until prop blades are more than simple 2D shapes, and further until prop blades display when spinning like they should. So why bother? Why add even that minute hit to system performance by making it display all those extra curves and shades and shadows and bitmaps?

I didn't notice that at first but you bring up a good point. That detail could easily be added via textures. What I'd love to see is to have HTC update the game engine to support  bump mapping. So much detail could be added to the models with bump mapping it's crazy and it wouldn't be much of a performance hit at all.

btw I'm going to hit you with a PM..
"strafing"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 04:42:38 PM »
:noid

Wingzero.  I hear from reading on the boards that Lute is pretty good in it too.

Wingzero is bashed a lot in the MAs for geing a picker but from my encounters with him, our fights have always been great turning engagements.  I really do like running into him because I know that I'm going to be in for a Hell of a good fight.  The same deal with Lute, you can always expect a top notch fight from him as well.

ack-ack

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
  We're getting the N1K2...
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!  :eek:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »
Krusty with recent LOD "Level of detail with range" improvements on all face lifted aircraft, i think we can assume at range, you will not suffer any fps drop.

Mostly for eye candy for the pilot "you" or whoever happens to get so close they can see your pilot model. "Or for films"

No worry, but dang thats one beautiful face lift.
and i love the weathering, great job guys.  :salute :salute :salute
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
Will it and the updated F6F-5 have the new damage graphics like the B-25s have?  If so, are only the planes now being updated get the new damage graphics or will all planes, including those already updated to AH2 standards, receive another update?

ack-ack

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »
o who cares, its a dweeb plane

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:55 PM »
Thanks anyway HTC, youv just added more n1k dw33bz
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »
o who cares, its a dweeb plane

-BigBOBCH

the only dweebs in the game are the pilots, not the plane.

ack-ack

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 06:30:55 PM »
Will it and the updated F6F-5 have the new damage graphics like the B-25s have?  If so, are only the planes now being updated get the new damage graphics or will all planes, including those already updated to AH2 standards, receive another update?

ack-ack
IIRC the P39 did, and I'm pretty sure the La5FN/7 did.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 07:01:34 PM »
By that logic then, we should get rid of the auto-retracting flaps on planes that didn't have them in real life.  They didn't have them in reality, they shouldn't have them here too.

ack-ack
I am fine with that, but as we have gone over before, you won't like the results to your P-38.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
I am fine with that, but as we have gone over before, you won't like the results to your P-38.

Considering all the other online flights sims I've played had modeled flap damage from overspeeding, I think I can live with it.

ack-ack

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 07:09:45 PM »
Sorry but looking at player vs player stats, you haven't killed me in the last 5 tours nor have I killed you. (that's as far back as I looked)

I did however kill Wingzero once tour 102 & once this current tour. Both times I was in a K4 and he was a Nik2.. No deaths of me by him or you are recorded in the stats.  :D

To be honest i had never even seen your handle before until the other day when we were fighting in same area, so don't recall ever fighting you before - i had been out the game for a long time and only play occasionally now, so no surprise about that.  I didn't expect to have fought you, but WingZero is definitely a good n1k stick, as apparently is Lute but that is second hand info.  There are a few of the Japanese guys who used to be good in it, not sure if they still play now tho.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »
Sorry but looking at player vs player stats, you haven't killed me in the last 5 tours nor have I killed you. (that's as far back as I looked)

I did however kill Wingzero once tour 102 & once this current tour. Both times I was in a K4 and he was a Nik2.. No deaths of me by him or you are recorded in the stats.  :D

You and I went 109k vs niki once that I saw.  (tour 101)

You lost.  (not that that says anything really as I don't remember the fight and can't say if it was a "legit" kill or not)

Wingzero is an excellent niki pilot.  I ran into 'em three times last tour niki vs. niki.  He tends to go for the forward shots a bit much for my taste, but all in all he knows how to fly that bird.  He and I talked about it and he is of the opinion that the frontal shot in the N1K2 was "historically accurate" and is why he does them.

Personally, if the pilot isn't ho'n, I feel the spit's are a much easier ride over the niki.  Spitfires out everyting the nik.  The only advantage the niki has is ammo loadout (i.e. I will get more kills per hop in a niki vs. a spit) and it can drop flaps sooner.  But I find it twice as easy to kill someone in a spit (8,9,16) over the niki.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:15:34 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »
Let me say thank you HTC for the updated Nik.  I do appreciate the work you do to keep this game fresh and fun.  Nik whiners can lump it and take their conversation to a different post! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!