Author Topic: An expansion of post by hazed- re: too many of the same planes  (Read 410 times)

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
How about instead of resticting the noobs ('cause we love to kill 'em), we instead RESTRICT the planes that can be used to those with an ENY value HIGHER than your Fighter Rank, or your overall rank? (and by "your" I mean every subscribing pilot).  So the #1 pilot could not fly nikkies, La-las, etc.  Perked rides being the exception; where the cost for the perked ride is: listed perk cost * (10/rank).  So a 100 perk ride for the #1 pilot would cost 1000 perkies (like he woun't have that many :))  For the #1000 pilot it would cost 1 perkie.  What ya'll think? :devil

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: An expansion of post by hazed- re: too many of the same planes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »
How bout we let folks fly what they want to fly, and just shoot em instead?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
Their 14.95 they can what the want :devil

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Seems like a lot of coding for something that's going to impact only a handful of pilots in any arena - and what's the number 1 guy going to fly?  There aren't any 0 ENY aircraft. (These kinds of threads always remind me of the fairy tell about the belling of the cat.  " Someone should fly something else besides what they do - but it should be someone else besides me." )

Here's a better way to achieve a bit more variety in the aircraft you see, as well as a way to engender a localized ENY - and minimize hording.  All IMO of course.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,242872.msg2960557.html#msg2960557

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »
and what's the number 1 guy going to fly?  There aren't any 0 ENY aircraft.

DOH!  Obviously I really messed-up on that part.  have to come up with a new formula :D

Thanks for pointing-put that HUGE mistake on my part :salute

Yes, we all pay the same rate; yes you should be able to fly what you like.  Just testing the waters & want to see what everyone thinks.  thanks for the replys. (makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside) :aok

Fight Like a Girl

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »
How bout we let folks fly what they want to fly, and just shoot em instead?

Yep.  Mucho wisdom Guppy! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
someone got pawned by a LA or N1k huh? with a noob driver?

not sorry to say but the whole idea is not a good one, i read your other post, it was a lame idea there, and is still just as lame here

not sorry if i offended anyone.

still trying to get on the "most hated..." post

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
LOL expanding on a post that is five years old.

Why worry about what the other guy is flying, does it really matter that much?
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
How about instead of resticting the noobs ('cause we love to kill 'em), we instead RESTRICT the planes that can be used to those with an ENY value HIGHER than your Fighter Rank, or your overall rank? (and by "your" I mean every subscribing pilot).  So the #1 pilot could not fly nikkies, La-las, etc.  Perked rides being the exception; where the cost for the perked ride is: listed perk cost * (10/rank).  So a 100 perk ride for the #1 pilot would cost 1000 perkies (like he woun't have that many :))  For the #1000 pilot it would cost 1 perkie.  What ya'll think? :devil

The problem is only that rank doesn't equal fighting skill. Many very good AHII fighter pilots have a lousy rank because they just don't play the whole game. A huge number of them can easily kick my high-ranked butt - My fancy rank # is the result of being quite good in everything but I don't excel in anything. Even fighter rank alone is a very poor indicator of skill, because it depends very much on flying style, plane choices and so on.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »
The problem is only that rank doesn't equal fighting skill. Many very good AHII fighter pilots have a lousy rank because they just don't play the whole game. A huge number of them can easily kick my high-ranked butt - My fancy rank # is the result of being quite good in everything but I don't excel in anything. Even fighter rank alone is a very poor indicator of skill, because it depends very much on flying style, plane choices and so on.

That's not what drdeathx said!  :)

I say let em fly want they want because no matter what they fly, it all depends on their skill of flying it. You can have a new guy flying a Spit 16, and a very skilled pilot flying a P-40B and the P-40 would win!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
A more flexible, finely-grained ENY system would do wonders.  I'd also like to see the perk system in place to greater effect, e.g. give a lot more planes a very small perk price.  No worries, new players get 50 free perks.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
That's not what drdeathx said!  :)

Dang!  :(

:rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »

HOW 'BOUT WE JUST LET EM FLY WHAT THEY WANT.

we can offer them advice on what to start off in, and if they choose to listen, good. if not.....o well.

or better yet, how bout we restrict those that want others restricted? we'll be nice and let a choose between a spit1 and a zeek.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »

Let the "vets" unite in their struggle against n00bs in supa-planes, all up in mid-war planes, and just simply kill off all the n00bs from the sky. That way, less supa-planes in the air, variety is restored.

..oh wait, they've already tried that.. and didn't like the results.. hence, the forum whines on "runners" and "gangers"...

Nevermind, then.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
Limit all two-weekers to Jeeps and Stukas.  That would get them to pay up.   :t
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.