Author Topic: Why...  (Read 2850 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Why...
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »
all of us may knock out bases entirely, however, nits do it without trying to fight at times, us bish do it too, but we at least try and fight for the base. rooks rarely do it so they cant really have a finger pointed at them for this, however nits seem to do it out of laziness at times. wat fun is taking a base with out fighting for it some?

This is coming from a squad that does noe missions to empty bases.  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

Wrote this to some people who wanted to join a similar squad.

When looking for a squad it's important to fly with whoever they are for awhile before joining. If you like how they operate and can get along with their idea of how to have fun, go for it. After joining, if you see something you don't like or disagree with, don't waste your time trying to change it. Whatever the problem might be, it's not only something that only occurs in the game but a lifestyle.

I found a squad out there that knows how to warp on command. Some call it cable jerking I call it disrespectful and dishonorable. Other things I've filmed with distaste are bomber and fighter bailer's, spying and dubious behavior but it's their 15 bucks and you'll find quite a few of them out there.

As in every part of life, young to old, you will be judged by the people you surround yourself with since they are who you inspire to be like.
Well said Tool.  I can agree to a point of what you say, but I do think that most squads today are being bashed for the actions of 1 or 2 players in their squad.
Birds of a feather fly together theory is true to an extent, but it does seem a bit rash to think that the squaddies are so called "blood brothers".  We're just characters flyin a cartoon game. Im not gonna quit a squad because someones actions are questionable..its their own personable problem. I would just be in hopes that the CO will have enough dignity in the squad to deal with the problem. Bottom line..hate the player thats causing the problems..not the squad name.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
quote from Bosco123
LYNX, I would like you to guess again about "Double accounts" if we even got hint of someone in our squad with a double account, no longer would he be in the squad.

I'm very pleased to hear of this cardinal rule but what about the other stuff?  A quick refresh from my post
Double accounts, side switching tell tale rat squeakers and private messages
?  Oh my...but you already stated it in your post......

We get a PM from an unknown charecter (don't know his name anyways) telling us that there was going to be a mission inbnd to such and such place. Out of revenge, we took our planes up and slowed the huge mission inbound.
.....so who are you holding responsible for this?  Who is no longer going to be in your squad?

Which brings me back to what I already posted
Combine underhanded game play, immaturity, dubious squad charactors, poor leadership morality and what do you have ?  Take ya rose tinted glasses off for a moment and ask yourself....What impacts you personally here in Aces high and will it wash off?

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
Well said Tool.  I can agree to a point of what you say, but I do think that most squads today are being bashed for the actions of 1 or 2 players in their squad.
Birds of a feather fly together theory is true to an extent, but it does seem a bit rash to think that the squaddies are so called "blood brothers".  We're just characters flyin a cartoon game. Im not gonna quit a squad because someones actions are questionable..its their own personable problem. I would just be in hopes that the CO will have enough dignity in the squad to deal with the problem. Bottom line..hate the player thats causing the problems..not the squad name.

oIn the words of John McEnroe..."you cannot be serious man"o.  oLets review what you postedo. 
o
I would just be in hopes that the CO will have enough dignity in the squad to deal with the problem
o.

oSo when your CO is the problem what then?o  oThats right, you wait for the CO to fall on his sword disbanding the squad and scattering squaddies to all four corners of Bishvilo  oLeaving you to blinkered to see the laughter and come up with gems like ...to quoteo
o
Im not gonna quit a squad because someones actions are questionable..its their own personable problem.
o

oTalk about birds of a feather and tared with the same brusho.  oYou cannot be serious mano.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »

"Blood Brothers is being "rash"?   Hardly.   Take my squaddie Boxboy28 for instance.   I worked with this cat for almost 2 years.   Not to mention those of whom I met at SHawk's house back in July.   Bodhi included in here as well. 

The majority of "friends close enough to be brothers" all agree that the Community is placed above "the game".   It is a concept that some just don't seem to grasp. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
418 were not the squadron of Voss, we had Metatron.  I don't think anyone in 418 actually appreciated what Voss had done or really knew who Voss was when it came out that Voss was Metatron, hence the defence of squaddie at first, which is natural, and then subsequent silence. 418 were/are the finest individuals i have flown with in this game and shouldn't be painted like ^that. <S>

well said <S> 418th / Jokers.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
oIn the words of John McEnroe..."you cannot be serious man"o.  oLets review what you postedo. 
oo.

oSo when your CO is the problem what then?o  oThats right, you wait for the CO to fall on his sword disbanding the squad and scattering squaddies to all four corners of Bishvilo  oLeaving you to blinkered to see the laughter and come up with gems like ...to quoteo
oo

oTalk about birds of a feather and tared with the same brusho.  oYou cannot be serious mano.

Id be offended but Its too hard when you cracked a smile.  Ill send a  :salute and hope you ll gain some respect for ppl and loose that 3rd grade "playground" mentality
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 08:49:58 PM »
The majority of "friends close enough to be brothers" all agree that the Community is placed above "the game".   It is a concept that some just don't seem to grasp. 

This is VERY TRUE :salute
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
I have nothing against the Jokers. One day Jokers were going to run a mission to Knits HQ and I said why don't you run a mission to P15 instead. Ghi put up a 38 mission and we took that base from 2 full dar bars of Rooks.

Thanks for the help Jokers!

Not too many squads don't have a mouthy individual or two. For some that is all they do his get on 200 and mouth off. My squad, Rolling Thunder, will jump on there any time one of our players is verbally attacked. Other than that our rules our to be respectful (eh pretty much anyway).

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:26 PM »
I want a sqaud squelcher.................... ...oops this isnt the wishlist
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:18 PM »
Hmmm thinking this over......I'm sure there's some fine members in that squad... maybe it's just a bad apple or two.  Someone said joker2 gave them a hard time.... He's always been friendly to me *shrug*.

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
Hmmm thinking this over......I'm sure there's some fine members in that squad... maybe it's just a bad apple or two.  Someone said joker2 gave them a hard time.... He's always been friendly to me *shrug*.

Joker seems to be always mad on 200, but he is kinda fun to mess wth when he is whining, plus he will actually want to fight you more fair too.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
Joker seems to be always mad on 200, but he is kinda fun to mess wth when he is whining, plus he will actually want to fight you more fair too.

Maybe..  I've shot him down a time or two and he's never said a peep. I know whining... I do it myself.  :D
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 08:09:07 AM »
are the Jokers Jokers hated so much? watd we ver do to any of you...no reason for this post other than curiosity to know why some people hate us, and maybe me to understand you many people a lil better.

It is because you guys fly together as a team; nothing more.  Look at how the LTAR's are villified and all they do is work together as a team win or lose.   :salute

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
How can anyone play 383 hours in one month. 

WOW!  I guess that's getting your $15 worth. 
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK