Author Topic: Kind of a damning article on Palin  (Read 5545 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Kind of a damning article on Palin
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »
I'd say that's an American value, not a partisan one.
Can't wait to see the equivocation this statement will cause.
See Rule #4

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »
Well, let's pin him down. If he is talking about all religions, including atheism, which has been determined to be a religion by a US court, he may be right. Maybe we should refine our persecution of religions and just denounce those inclined to murder tens of millions? Maybe we can give those who help feed and clothe the world's destitute a pass?

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

My personal favorite charity.......

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/index/

Each year my wife and I try to get at least one gift box ready for a child.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
   Go up a river in your canoe without a paddle. 

With all due respect... what the hell does that mean?

I know the real phrase, but here, you just look loony.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

My personal favorite charity.......

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/index/

Each year my wife and I try to get at least one gift box ready for a child.

You should look into the child's play charity started by Penny Arcade...  They use the donations to buy toys and games for hospitalized kids.  Emotional health is critical to recovering from severe illness and injuries, and this charity directly influences the hospitalized child's sense of well-being.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »
Can't wait to see the equivocation this statement will cause.

Equivocation is a partisan value, not an American one.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »
You should look into the child's play charity started by Penny Arcade...  They use the donations to buy toys and games for hospitalized kids.  Emotional health is critical to recovering from severe illness and injuries, and this charity directly influences the hospitalized child's sense of well-being.

Operation Christmas Child sends Christmas gifts to the poorest children in the world. Many of the recipients of Operation Christmas Child have never received a Christmas gift before.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
Operation Christmas Child sends Christmas gifts to the poorest children in the world. Many of the recipients of Operation Christmas Child have never received a Christmas gift before.

Perhaps because they are Muslim or Hindu?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2008, 07:13:09 PM »
once again you side step the question, what about obama's experience? a community organizer? And he wants be president?
That wasn't the question, and you are a tard.  I give you about as much respect as I would Farrakhan.  In my opinion you are worthless and will be put in your place soon enough. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
Perhaps because they are Muslim or Hindu?

Try kids in Russia, or Central and South America or Africa.  :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
so...tally it up. or find a link to somewhere that already has heck...atheists would never make claims without the data to back it up...would they?
He was trying to compare mountains and molehills.  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
 :rofl     pin me down?   :lol  I merely stated he only used on instance of religous murder spree. :aok

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
He was trying to compare mountains and molehills.  :aok

thats the point. he took a large, well known example of religious intolerance and persecution of people living within its own land, and it barely registers when compared to say, Stalin.

"I merely stated he only used on instance of religous murder spree"

and i asked you to add in as many as you felt necessary to make a comparable death toll.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
:rofl     pin me down?   :lol  I merely stated he only used on instance of religous murder spree. :aok

Screw you, bozo. Don't bring me into this.

now, take me home or lose me forever.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »
skyrock, why are you so afraid of palin? Do you fear strong women?

Don't be silly, he fears ALL women.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »
MSNBC is not the source of this article, it's the NYT.

I value this kind of investigative journalism.  It's worth far more than softball interviews with politicians over and over and over again that you get from standard journalism these days.

McCain did a great job of locking my vote for Obama by picking Palin as his VP.  I wanted to keep an open mind before that, maybe pay attention to the debates, but this is the last straw for McCain and his so-called "maverick" status and reputation for doing the right thing instead of towing the party line.

Let's see here, Gov. Palin:

Creationism in science class? check
Drill to energy independence? check
Abuses power for friends? check

No, I don't think Obama's perfect, but where the Republican party is going is just scary. :uhoh

Obama got where he is by being friends with an actual terrorist.

I think that's kinda scary.
No one knows what the future may bring.