Author Topic: Warbirds BEST OnLINE FLIGHTSIM 2000  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Warbirds BEST OnLINE FLIGHTSIM 2000
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
I had a friend is grade school who would grab people by their heads, force them down to his crotch then fart in their faces.

No one messed with the guy.  He had talent!

TORQUE!!!!!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »
Don't tell me his last name was Bush?

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2000, 03:52:00 PM »
As in the DF article I don't think that WB deserves the score on the pricing structure.  It is thanks to HTC and AH that the iEN Customers got the break they did.  After HTC's flat rate, iEN had to follow.

SO, IMHO that shouldn't go to iEN unless you want to give the casual gamer levels that iEN allows with the $9.95 for 5 hours or the $19.95 for 10 hour route.  There is flexibility for CASUAL GAMERS.  IMHO though if you lean in iEN/WB's favor on this account, then iEN Still takes a hit because CASUAL GAMERS can casually fly Fighter Ace for $9.95 unlimited a month.  So on cost issue I think that DF should have left this out, except, as I said above "THE END OF THE $2.00 TYRANNY!!"

The other two clear issues are

1. MAC Support.  Even though it is substandard, the iEN MAC users are being bent over and treated like a girl in an Anabolic Video Film, they appear to like it just as much at Houston, Annabelle Chong, Jasmine St. Claire, Spantaneous Extacy, and  Candy Apples seem to have enjoyed it.

But, they get some MAC support, whereas HTC doesn't have any cross platform support At this time.  So, I kinda have to agree with the DF guys on this one.

2. Community.

Well, iEN has had the WB Community longer than HTC has had the AH community.  Both are working in some fashion to support the communities.  I don't know what the WB Community has over AH except for more experience.  In regards to support the Webring, email addy's, and 99% of the scenarios were developed by the community and are still run by the community.  iEN has done almost nothing to support the community and provide them tools to create and run scenarios.

AH with it's fledgling community has the Terrain editor, official CMs, and HTC sponsored/controlled/monitored registration.

I would be hard pressed to give this one to iEN.

So, I would have to give it to WB (This is if I was being non-biased) solely on the cross platform issue.

I agree though I would rather fly AH if I had my druthers.

Now HT about that P-40B (Perhaps 1.06?)

------------------
"Looks Mean as Hell! Clare Lee Chenault.

When?
"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.

[This message has been edited by Downtown (edited 12-21-2000).]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2000, 08:38:00 PM »
whilst i found WB a good feeling sim offline when i tried it online i found it very poor.
my connect probably had something to do with it but AH runs fine and almost double the FPS.
WB is not for me,i joined for about an hour then thought 'this is toejame' and left  

sorry WB fans but after starting online sims this year I have only tried 3.
AH first then air attack then WB and none even come close to AH imho.

hazed

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
Wow, I just noticed that my last post in here was where I finally hit the 1000'th post mark.

<cracks open a beer>

Cheers, ya bunch of bums!  

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2000, 09:06:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Wow, I just noticed that my last post in here was where I finally hit the 1000'th post mark.

<cracks open a beer>

Cheers, ya bunch of bums!  

3 more to go here  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2000, 09:56:00 PM »
Spambots

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2000, 10:02:00 PM »
Whatever ya say, Mr. 2,841 posts.  

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2000, 10:25:00 PM »
Where is this incredibly funny funked's post?

// fats

<edit> nm, found it. guess I could included a link to those who wanted to see it also but I am too lazy to find it again</edit>

[This message has been edited by fats (edited 12-21-2000).]

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2000, 01:38:00 AM »
 Funked where do I get a pair of those? Mine are worn out. BTW can you also recommend a good mouth wash.    
 I personally have tried to do my best in presenting Aces High fairly and without bias on Dogfighter.com
Some comments seem unjustified to me.    

Over fifteen of Dogfighter's staff members and contributors voted for the best titles in each of the following categories:

I know where my vote went and I know where another contributors vote went,because he publicly stated what his vote was.

It simply is a vote from over 15
individuals,each with different tastes.
It is nether conclusive nor scientific.It is simply an award presented by Dogfighter based on the parameters mentioned in the quote above.
Nor is it biased or in league with Warbirds or WWII online in any such respect. To do so would  be obviously self defeating.

Personally I hope to keep abreast of all Aces High goings on and in turn keep Dogfighter.com up to date as quickly as possible on any breaking news or events,to benefit all of Dogfighters readers.
 And in any reviews I hope to present Aces High, in the best of light or worst of light if it is so warranted ,based solely on the games merits.
I can assure  all of you that this is the only criteria asked of me as a contributor to Dogfighter.com

As for Warbirds winning,I congratulate them for their achievements.
 As for Aces High winning...I truly look forward to that day.

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 12-22-2000).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2000, 03:38:00 AM »
Oh, read the previews and reviews about BoB and B-17II on those sites, then buy those games and then you'll understand a lot of things ...  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2000, 04:32:00 AM »
Guys quite honestly.
We all know what the better sim to play is. Most of us here are ex WBers. But a person looking at the two who does not play them both and has not gone through all the crap that the new WB crew has given us would ultamatly choose WB. Think about it.

They have more aircraft. More arenas. More money. More terains.

Even if we all know that the company is CRAP. And the Technical Suport is CRAP. And the Graphics and Flight Engine is no where near as advanced as Aces High is. Also the fact that the Aces High Comunity is probably one of the best managed, closest and undoubtedly best simulation ever. You can see why Dogfighter have chosen WB.

People always end up judging a book by it's cover.

funked

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
<S> Dog I was just having some fun with you guys.  

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »
I pretty much said all I have to say over at AGW.

If DF wants to be taken seriously as an attempt at journalism.. they need to start tackling some serious comparisons.

Right now they are in the "don't step on toes.. it might spoil our free account" mode.

Get some balls guys... put the two head to head.  At the very least it would give both boards something to talk about for an entire month

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
BTW.. I don't really know that AH would win an H2H comparison.  I'd just like to see it.

AKDejaVu