Author Topic: Palin - “Hold me accountable.”  (Read 1773 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Palin - “Hold me accountable.”
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A campaign spokesman says Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin won’t speak with an investigator hired by lawmakers to look into the firing of her public safety commissioner.

"a Republican dominated Legislature voted unanimouslyto proceed with the investigation by special investigator Stephen Branchflower"

McCain campaign spokesman Ed O’Callaghan told a news conference Monday that the governor, the Republican nominee for vice president, will not cooperate.

Earlier she claimed to be innocent and said she would assist in the investigation. Now since the findings seem to implicate both she and her husband in a felony, she now refuses to cooperate with the Republican led investigation.

Palin - “Hold me accountable.”,............... except if you have something that might stick, then go mask yourself.
 :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
Re: Palin - “Hold me accountable.”
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 10:17:39 AM »

Palin - “Hold me accountable.”,............... except if you have something that might stick, then go mask yourself.

Mark my words: Palin Derangement Syndrome (see http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/09/18/cstillwell.DTL) and the NRA will be the downfall Dalai Bama.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:58 AM »
Mark my words: Palin Derangement Syndrome (see http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/09/18/cstillwell.DTL) and the NRA will be the downfall Dalai Bama.
:rofl  no hate, just trying to see if she's a man....err.. half/man...err....woman or her words! :aok

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
Hey look another "look at me!!! LOOK At me!!" thread from Skydork.....

I'ts like your trying to be like Mac, but less funnny.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »

sounds like a sex tape to me...  ;)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »
Namecalling... check.

Ignoring the original post..... check.

O'Club checklist complete. Ready for political discussion.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »
The worst kind of person is a hypocrite! 

Palin - "I am for change......unless that change affects my power."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »
she now refuses to cooperate with the Republican led investigation.

Kinda depends on how you look at it, Sen. Hollis French is a democrat and the manager of the investigation. Although the committee is made up of 10 republicans and 4 democrats.

As far as refusing to cooperate? I can understand how that changed. Troopergate has become so politicized it is not surprising she is now unlikely to cooperate. (Yes, unlikely, not refusing, is the word used by the McCain camp.)

The McCain campaign said on Monday that Palin, who was not subpoenaed, was unlikely to cooperate.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jOTk11gvqDAgD0cY3i4WjI_2YOxwD938QSNO0

Now since the findings seem to implicate both she and her husband in a felony

What findings? Are you privy to information the rest of us don't have? I'm not seeing any new information on the investigation itself. In fact, right now, the investigation is still ongoing, they aren't even done interviewing people yet. Although the guy that was fired says he was not pressured to fire the state trooper, that has not changed.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »
Namecalling... check.

Ignoring the original post..... check.

O'Club checklist complete. Ready for political discussion.

I didn't see any name calling......  :confused:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
As far as refusing to cooperate? I can understand how that changed. Troopergate has become so politicized it is not surprising she is now unlikely to cooperate. (Yes, unlikely, not refusing, is the word used by the McCain camp.)

Exactly!  "Unlikely to" and "will not" are two different things.

What findings? Are you privy to information the rest of us don't have? I'm not seeing any new information on the investigation itself. In fact, right now, the investigation is still ongoing, they aren't even done interviewing people yet. Although the guy that was fired says he was not pressured to fire the state trooper, that has not changed.

Waits for SkyRock's answer to this....but I am aware that he is probably unable to answer it so I am prepared for the "whatever twitboi  :aok" response...sad, really.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
I didn't see any name calling......  :confused:

RPM is a poopyhead.

Fixed.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 12:45:30 PM »
RPM is a poopyhead.

Fixed.

There....now we have some decent name calling going on here.  :devil

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 12:48:11 PM »
the committee is made up of 10 republicans and 4 democrats.

As far as refusing to cooperate? I can understand

yeah, I always say, if running on the platform of, "hold me accountable", I guess the right thing to do is refuse to cooperate with a legal inquiry. :rolleyes:

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
I dont get it...if she has broken a law then charge her with a crime and have a trial.  Otherwise this is just another waste of taxper money and isn't worth participating in.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A campaign spokesman says Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin won’t speak with an investigator hired by lawmakers to look into the firing of her public safety commissioner.

She was not subpoenaed.  She is not required to.  Perhaps the real reason she is now unwilling to talk, is that Democrat Senator Hollis French has turned the investigation into a political media circus.  Maybe had he conducted the investigation with in the confines of the committee instead of in the court of public opinion and media smear, she might be more willing to cooperate.

"a Republican dominated Legislature voted unanimouslyto proceed with the investigation by special investigator Stephen Branchflower"

Actually, wrong again.  Several legislators voted against it.

McCain campaign spokesman Ed O’Callaghan told a news conference Monday that the governor, the Republican nominee for vice president, will not cooperate.

"The McCain campaign said on Monday that Palin, who was not subpoenaed, was unlikely to cooperate."  Taken from AP article http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jOTk11gvqDAgD0cY3i4WjI_2YOxwD938QSNO0

Skyrock, if you are going to quote something, at least quote it without changing the words.  It make you seem so much more believable and non-biased.

Earlier she claimed to be innocent and said she would assist in the investigation. Now since the findings seem to implicate both she and her husband in a felony, she now refuses to cooperate with the Republican led investigation.

There have been no findings released.  Instead, there has been a flurry of democrat activity trying to dig up dirt on her so they can smear her before the election.  What is fact though is this:

1: Trooper Wooten had a domestic Violence Order issued by a judge against him to protect his estranged wife.
2: Trooper Wooten tazed his eleven year old step son.
3. Trooper Wooten was found to be driving a cruiser with an open beer in 2004.
4. In a letter to DPS employees announcing his termination, Walter Monegan wrote that he was an at-will employee and knew his dismissal was "a possibility ever present", and that he had been advised that the governor wanted to take DPS in a "different direction.  The next day during an interview he said the dismissal came out of the blue.  
5. On August 28, in an interview with Anchorage Daily News, Monegan said, "For the record, no one ever said fire Wooten. Not the governor. Not Todd. Not any of the other staff. What they said directly was more along the lines of 'This isn't a person that we would want to be representing our state troopers.'"
6: On September 15, 2008, McCain/Palin campaign spokeswoman Meg Stapleton held a news conference at which she accused Monegan of "egregious insubordination," "obstructionist conduct" and a "brazen refusal" to follow proper channels for requesting money. Asked why someone with a history of insubordination would be offered the leadership of the Alaska Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, Stapleton said that without having to deal with a budget, Monegan would be able to focus on alcohol abuse issues. She added that Palin "respects the fact that [Monegan] was respected in the community"

This clearly indicates one thing.  That Trooper Wooten should not have been in law enforcement after his repeated violations of department policy, and that Walter Monegan should not have sent an email the day before he lied in an interview.

Maybe you should stop trying to smear Palin based on some BS crap cooked up by the Democrats and instead just dig through her political past to find something that glaringly says she should not be VP.  My bet is you can't which is why you resort to continuing a smear campaign that is absolutely low class.  Which in my opinion smears you along with it.  
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.