Author Topic: 43 points for doing a mindless thing as bombing Grunts Facility?  (Read 247 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
My son and I took JU88's and bombed the Grunt Training Facility...with no enemy opposition is the equivelent of a stroll in the park...however, he got 43 perk points for it?  Seems alittle rediculous...I've been in field jabo's where I had to work my butt off destroying objects and fighting off high alt fighters coming in from distant fields for a measly 5-7 points...then a gravy run nets 43 points? (Yes yes, I know you can net more points in one JU88 sortie on Grunt Facility)

Something fishy here...

(Note: I realize that at this point, perk points have no value, but when they do, doncha think that many will just focus on hitting barracks all day?)

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-30-2001).]

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
43 points for doing a mindless thing as bombing Grunts Facility?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
Uh. Rip.  Ever notice how when one of the barracks islands falls into enemy hands, the barracks is almost always 0%?  Got milk?
Don't try it as a fighter sortie, or in an Ostwind -- you might figure out where most of the perk points in circulation come from.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Well hey! At least not only the strategy minded are now hitting these facilities, we have the greedy ones hitting it as well!  

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
Actually if you score your sortie as Attack and Jabo you can get a healthy amount of perk points. I jabo'd an ammo facility till it was zero and landed with 19.75 points. Now that isn't 43 but still a hefty amount compared to what a fighter can get in air to air kills

Bane
13th TAS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
My point is...we are rewarding what is relatively easy once an 'island' is captured, and not rewarding (at least not as much as a milkrun bombing a factory)a very hard aspect of the game, ATA engagement.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
I hope they fix this soon.  Like Rip said, why bother risking life and limb to destroy a hangar and get (roughly) 1 perk point when you can leisurely destroy a factory and get dozens of points?

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »

Originally posted by BaneX:
Actually if you score your sortie as Attack and Jabo you can get a healthy amount of perk points. I jabo'd an ammo facility till it was zero and landed with 19.75 points. Now that isn't 43 but still a hefty amount compared to what a fighter can get in air to air kills

Try flying the 109F some, and you'll probably revise that statement.  

-- Todd/DMF

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
Caught a P-47 bombing and strafing a training facility.  I watched for several minutes trying to figure out what he was doing and why before turning him to vapor.  Now I know...

MiG

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
I took a jabo 1C, scoring as Attack up to the Bish refinery and knocked it down to 25% by myself, brought it back and landed...

37 Fighter points. Haven't been up in the 1C since.

------------------

There is no escaping Murphy's Law!

33rd FW www.33rd.org

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
Destroyed enemy ack factory 24 points.Attacked enemy base that was hitting our field hard.Destroyed 4 ammo,2 barracks,1 radar,1 fuel and 1 enemy spitfire.4.82 points.This scoring is not working for me.

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2001, 10:17:00 PM »

Try flying the 109F some, and you'll probably revise that statement

Have flown 109F as well as g2, 202 and 205 and while coming to like 10perks never received anything over that.

Destroyed enemy ack factory 24 points.Attacked enemy base that was hitting our field hard.Destroyed 4 ammo,2 barracks,1 radar,1 fuel and 1 enemy spitfire.4.82 points.This scoring is not working for me.

You more than likely did not score it as attack. Which I believe doesn't give you any points for ground tgts or it only gives you a minimum.

Bane
13th TAS

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
rip posted similar thread in gameplay feedback forum

hazed

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2001, 03:49:00 AM »
Newsflash!!!

My best bomber sortie has been 100.00 bomber perk points, bombing run to grunt factory in Ju 88. I have about 5 80-90 and 10-15 30-70 bomber perk point sorties to  factories, all in Ju 88.

Yep, grunt factory is seriously out of whack. Many small targets close to each other and perfectly places 500 kg bomb will take out as many as 6 barracks. Multiply that by 4 (number of 500 kgr's) and take also to account 20 50 kg bombs... You are talking pretty heavy perk point income, especially if you land your mission.

Once the barrack island is captured it is indeed easy to score perk point from it. But if you try bombing barrack factory behinf enemy lines it gets exciting. Ju 88 has no change agaisnt any fighter which means if you are attakced you are dead. B-17 and other bombers can defend themselves and survive half hearted attack but not Ju 88.

What is wrong, Ju 88's OBJ value or grunt factory or other factories or field targets?

Make hitting barracks less rewarding and up reward for hitting other factories and targets in airfield.

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2001, 06:31:00 PM »
No, the problem with attacking bases isn't people not setting it to an "attack."

Even with setting mission as attack, a jabo destroying EVERYTHING at a V-Base nets 1.82 perk points.

The perk system is just massively skewed towards strategic targets.

Offline Specterx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »

Ju 88 has no change agaisnt any fighter which means if you are attakced you are dead. B-17 and other bombers can defend themselves and survive half hearted attack but not Ju 88.

Sort of beyond the point, but I hafta disagree with u there... I've been attacked while flying the JU-88 on two occasions, once by a N1k and once by an F6F. The N1k hit me two or three times before I shot him down. The F6F was a little harder, he knocked out my lower guns and the two popguns in the top took awhile to kill him, but he must've hit me with more than 30 pings before he died. He wounded my pilot and knocked out an engine, but I made it back to base.

Back to the topic, I have to agree... if such high emphasis is to be placed on strateigic targets, those targets

1. Need better AAA protection. The current level is just pathetic, most fields have more guns then strat targets do.

2. Need to be placed farther behind the lines.