Author Topic: The Head-On  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: The Head-On
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »
Personally, unless it's an F4U or a P-38, I will HO it.

And now you know why many of us consider you nothing more than your typical skilless HO'tard.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »
Wounded puppies only feed the troll :noid

Personally, unless it's an F4U or a P-38, I will HO it. Because I cannot find many good pilots outside of those 2 planes. I have found good fights elsewhere, but most pilots I find worth fighting are in those 2.

HOtard
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:21 AM »
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »
Personally, unless it's an F4U or a P-38, I will HO it.
Thats a lie....i have film somewhere of you hoing me 4 or 5 times in one sortie while i was in a 38  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
was thinkin same thing  :O :D

i know u heard that story about a pot and a kettle.....if the shoe fits wear it.

u know....it makes me mad that someone that does the SAME DAMN THING comes on the BBS cryin bout "whaaaaaaaaaa they HO'd me" when they do the same damn thing! your best bet uberslet aka UBS is to just be quiet cuz u have NO room to talk at all about HOtards.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:32 AM »
In my opinion, a HO is acceptable when your being ganged by two or more that are setting you up for the pick, if you cant bring the fight alone then who really is the skilless dweeb.  Many hide behind others to get the kills and if someone HO's you in that situation they are tyring to equal the odds and you are leaving them with no other choice.
While one attacking con is climbing the other is manuevering for your six, when you come around to engage the other will come down on you, this may go on for some time until you time the merge enough on one of them to get the shot, usually in that situation you will only have the opportunity to get that shot on the merge and it ends up being a HO and this is further complicated by the amount of attacking cons that are setting you up for the pick.
I usually try to avoid the HO, but its rare to find a 1vs1 anymore and when I do find one I try to avoid it and enjoy the fight, however there are the times when you find a 1vs1 and immediatley they go for the HO, thats not acceptable.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline papa43

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »
This period also saw the German fighters begin to make head-on attacks against the B-17s. These involved a great deal of skill and nerve on the part of the fighter pilot, but it had three big advantages. First, a frontal attack was more likely to do critical damage to a bomber, hitting the pilot’s cockpit. Second, the bomber pilot would be more likely to take evasive action, breaking up the defensive formations that were at the heart of the American plan. Finally, the B-17 was virtually defenseless against frontal assaults, with a single machine gun in the nose. The more modern B-17Fs also carried two cheek guns, but they couldn’t fire straight forward until bulged gun positions were added later in the production run.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
i know u heard that story about a pot and a kettle.....if the shoe fits wear it.

u know....it makes me mad that someone that does the SAME DAMN THING comes on the BBS cryin bout "whaaaaaaaaaa they HO'd me" when they do the same damn thing! your best bet uberslet aka UBS is to just be quiet cuz u have NO room to talk at all aboutHOtards
verybody knows im Ubs, what do i care if you say iot on the bbs, its my signiture as is. and i can save all myvfilms with fights, send them to your email, and prove i rarly ever HO, and if i do its only because the other person HOs. occasionally i will ho a zeke in my f4u, or another f4u just out of boredom, or if a squad mate is perk ride and cant fight the other con cause they dont want to, or have no ammo, no fuel, what ever i will usualyly HO there, but even thats rare, however normally i allow other person to shoot first. and if you have a problem about how i fly betty, why should it effect everyone who doesnt seem to care?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
This period also saw the German fighters begin to make head-on attacks against the B-17s. These involved a great deal of skill and nerve on the part of the fighter pilot, but it had three big advantages. First, a frontal attack was more likely to do critical damage to a bomber, hitting the pilot’s cockpit. Second, the bomber pilot would be more likely to take evasive action, breaking up the defensive formations that were at the heart of the American plan. Finally, the B-17 was virtually defenseless against frontal assaults, with a single machine gun in the nose. The more modern B-17Fs also carried two cheek guns, but they couldn’t fire straight forward until bulged gun positions were added later in the production run.

Any this proves what ? ... seeing that we are discussing fighter plane vs fighter plane

Plus, who the heck wouldn't go HO with a bomber that doesn't have any forward firing guns or very ineffective forward firing guns ... not the same risk vs a fighter with 4/6/8 .50 cals, cannons or a mixture of both.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »
verybody knows im Ubs, what do i care if you say iot on the bbs, its my signiture as is. and i can save all myvfilms with fights, send them to your email, and prove i rarly ever HO, and if i do its only because the other person HOs. occasionally i will ho a zeke in my f4u, or another f4u just out of boredom, or if a squad mate is perk ride and cant fight the other con cause they dont want to, or have no ammo, no fuel, what ever i will usualyly HO there, but even thats rare, however normally i allow other person to shoot first. and if you have a problem about how i fly betty, why should it effect everyone who doesnt seem to care?

i could care less on how u fly. however dont come on the bbs blowin off that some one HO'd u when u do the same thing. i have my films from KOTH and IF you like i can send them to u showing u that NOT ONCE did i take a HO shot, matter of fact i kept doin nothing but avoid your HO attempts. callin someone else a HOtard is just like the pot callin the kettle black....
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 04:41:03 PM »
Head ons are a part of the game.... Ya gotta live with em.  Should a zero be ho'ing a p38?  Well... I guess if you want to fine, but it's not a smart choice.  Just like trying to HO an A-20 in a P-51.  Not a smart idea...  You can almost always avoid an HO if you'd like, so don't be complaining about it.  If you get killed from HOs, why don't you ask yourself first, why you were HO'ing.  Secondly, maybe analyze the previous situation:  Maybe the plane overpowered you with his/her guns?  Mostly that's the case.  Now collisions are a little different.  I won't speak on those, but collisions are something that can be avoided most of the time, but those that collide often are those who try to collide often.

Boxboy will probably come in here and state that I am "wrong" about what I have said.  It's his opinion.  If you have the firepower over the opposing plane, I say why not HO?  It's to your advantage!

That's like saying going all in with pocket Aces in Texas Hold'em is wrong in a No Limit game.  It's not wrong, it's to his or her advantage given the situation.  And that's what HO'ing is like: Poker.  It's like saying, here's me and my hand.  I'm going all in.  You can call it or fold, that's your choice.  If you call it, be prepared.

Mak

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
a question out of curiousity? we all know that what i see on my monitor is not the same as what you see on yours at that same moment in time.
 is there a possibility that there could be enough of a difference that what appears as not being a ho to one player will appear as such on the other players monitor?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2008, 04:58:08 PM »
This period also saw the German fighters begin to make head-on attacks against the B-17s...The more modern B-17Fs also carried two cheek guns, but they couldn’t fire straight forward until bulged gun positions were added later in the production run.
Those same head-on attacks eventually lead to the addition of the chin turret in the B-17G to further bolster the defense against the head-on attack.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »
And now you know why many of us consider you nothing more than your typical skilless HO'tard.

ack-ack

Get over it. :lol

It happens to every one. You even backed down when I offered you a 2nd fight and said sorry. So... uh... again. Sorry.  :salute

Thats a lie....i have film somewhere of you hoing me 4 or 5 times in one sortie while i was in a 38  :aok

I'm not that bad of a shot! I bet once! Because after then, you'd just turn around and kill me! :) Unless I was in a Hurri 2c (which I havent flown since January or Febuary), I doubt I coulda pulled off 5 HOs. PM me the film plz :)  :salute :salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
Head ons are a part of the game.... Ya gotta live with em.  Should a zero be ho'ing a p38?  Well... I guess if you want to fine, but it's not a smart choice.  Just like trying to HO an A-20 in a P-51.  Not a smart idea...  You can almost always avoid an HO if you'd like, so don't be complaining about it.  If you get killed from HOs, why don't you ask yourself first, why you were HO'ing.  Secondly, maybe analyze the previous situation:  Maybe the plane overpowered you with his/her guns?  Mostly that's the case.  Now collisions are a little different.  I won't speak on those, but collisions are something that can be avoided most of the time, but those that collide often are those who try to collide often.

Boxboy will probably come in here and state that I am "wrong" about what I have said.  It's his opinion.  If you have the firepower over the opposing plane, I say why not HO?  It's to your advantage!

That's like saying going all in with pocket Aces in Texas Hold'em is wrong in a No Limit game.  It's not wrong, it's to his or her advantage given the situation.  And that's what HO'ing is like: Poker.  It's like saying, here's me and my hand.  I'm going all in.  You can call it or fold, that's your choice.  If you call it, be prepared.

Exactly.

It's gambling.

There is the (good) chance that you gonna loose.

Let me rephrase what you said.  Head On's are like going All In Pre-Flop.  There is always a chance you gonna loose no matter what your hold cards.  (I lost going All In last night pre-flop with pocket Aces to a noob with a 2 6)  Using ACM and getting on the nme's 6 to kill them is like having A K suited and seeing Q J 10 of the same suit on the flop.  You can't loose.

I for one "try" to fly like it is "real life" in a way.  (kinda)  I for one don't like to gamble with my life.  A head on is a gamble.  I've seen 110g2's die to a C202 in a HO before.  Heck, i've seen 190 A8's die to collisions on C47's trying to Ho them.  With a head on, there is always decent chance you gonna loose.

Even if you "win" the HO you will probably end up damaged.  So while you may have won the gamble, the NEXT guy is gonna kill ya' easy.

In other words it's a dumb play.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit