Author Topic: What plane earns you the most complaints?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
What plane earns you the most complaints?
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »
Recently I've been flying the tiffy a lot and have noticed it brings a lot more whining. I wonder what planes you fly that you get the most complaints in?

The two situations that really stand out in my mind because of how silly the complaints were are these:

Situation 1: I'm in my tiffy with about 50% fuel left and doing about 400mph on the deck. A 262 passes over me about 5k above and its obvious he wants to engage. I keep my speed up and pretend I don't see him until he flys over me, 180s and starts to dive in on my 3 o'clock. I do a 2g pull out and roll into him. He pulls off, does a quick yo-yo and re-engages. I'm still doing 300+ and again roll back into him. We merge in a HO and I ping him. He disengages and goes on to other (easier) kills. Soon after he dies and then comes onto 200 and whines for half an hour about how I must be cheating because there is now way I could have maneuvered with him like that and on and on. I simply kept my nose down and energy up until he was close, then pulled hard on him to make sure he didn't get an easy pass.

Situation 2: I'm with a (very good pilot) country mate in a 3 v 2 way deep near an enmy base. Its a spit, yak and pony vs my country mates pony and my tiffy. I splash one pony, as the enmy spit takes down my wingman. Now its 2 v 1 and I'm low on E, on the deck, and looking at 2 planes that can out turn me. Of course I do the only thing that will keep me alive and run like hell. Soon after the spit pulls off and its the yak at 1+k chasing me. Right away he gets on 200 and starts taunting the typical "run home tiffy" type stuff, little does he know that is NOT my plan. I get to 2k and pull a 180 as hard as I can to engage in an Ho. Neither of us fire at the ho, we maneuver for a minute or 2 where I get 2 firing solutions but cant land hits, he gets no shots on me, then he has E advantage and turn advantage, again and I extend. Again with the 200 taunting, and again I extend to 2k, turn and engage. Once again I get solutions but cant land hits (high angle snapshots). This time as we are turning another country mate in a pony comes to help me and within 2 minutes the yak is down. Again back on 200 and all kinds of trash talking about how I ran and called for help, blah blah blah. I offer a DA or anything to shut him up, but he is only happy to complain.

Anyway these are just my two stories that really stand out in my mind, but I have gotten a lot of flak recently flying the tiffy, where normally in other planes I never hear anything. In both situations I was using the strong points of the plane to keep the fight in my favor, and each situation I get the whining. I think people forget this is basically an ACM simulator, and get pissed when you use ACM to out fly them.  :rofl Personally I think its funny that people get so mad, and it makes flying the tiffy even more fun!

So what plane do you fly that brings the most complaints, and what situations make people complain the most?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:41:55 PM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
Re: What plane earns you the most complaints?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »
I rarely see well flown, aggresive Typh's.  I would give you a compliment.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »
I got lucky a few weeks ago and caught a Temp on the deck with low E. I was in a heavy-gun package 190A-5 at 5K and chewed him to bits on my first pass. I caught hell on 200 and PMs for nearly 10 minutes, accused of everything from aimbots to picking, to things my mom did before I was born!  :lol

I don't think it matters what you fly really, you're always going to shoot someone down who thinks he was robbed/hoed/cheated/etc.

I completely agree though, that if players paid attention to ACM, they'd improve their odds dramatically.

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
When I fly an La7 from a field being horded, and they cry it's unfair.  Pitty.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
I rarely see well flown, aggresive Typh's.  I would give you a compliment.

+1, most typhs are flown for every possible HO opportunity.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
+1, most typhs are flown for every possible HO opportunity.

They are called high angle snapshots!  :devil
The journey is the destination.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 01:59:45 PM »
Typhies rock :aok

as for complaints, irrelevant. Most of the best sticks are really cool and who cares what some twit says on 200. This whole game is irrelevant except for the amount of fun you have, and the enjoyment you garner from flying your favorite aircraft.

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
For me, it's simple...the P-38J.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
Lesson 1.

You have never, and will never, shoot anyone down in the "right" way. You either had an advantage, or were in a superior plane, or you were hacking, or they were AFK.

The only thing you can do to be "right" in the eyes of the bandit is die often and easily.

I don't want to be right.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »
Lesson 1.

You have never, and will never, shoot anyone down in the "right" way. You either had an advantage, or were in a superior plane, or you were hacking, or they were AFK.

The only thing you can do to be "right" in the eyes of the bandit is die often and easily.

I don't want to be right.

You have such a pessimistic view of this community :D

No one's ever said, "Wow, nice fight, Sir!" or "Good kill!" to you? 
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 02:33:42 PM »
I don't fly plans like La, spit, nik, ect.  The only thing i do fly that is a adventage is 262.  I will fly pony, F6F, 190 and get shot down by la, spit yak, temp.  Yea, piss me off but i get over it too.  There may be once that i kill a B-25 while landing with a p-47.  The person got on 200 and told me i have no skills for shooting down a b-25.  So what dose he do, up in a La7 and ran me down.  Man, talk about the kettle calling the pot black.

The best thing to do, get the hell off 200.  It created to much emotions.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
the me109 get me the most complaints, not that I pull any special move to beat someone, just them flying n1k getting shot down
by a 30eny aircraft gives them a reason to cry/whine

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »
I get some comments no occasion when I destroy or damage planes with the rear 20mms in the Ar234.  No one really expects it in the first place, either forgetting they are there or even not knowing there are rear guns on the jet bomber.

10 Kills last tour in Ar234s.  Over half were air to air.
Mak

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
You have such a pessimistic view of this community :D

No one's ever said, "Wow, nice fight, Sir!" or "Good kill!" to you? 

I think this community is decidedly above average, as far as humans in general go! :devil

And I really must remember to attach smiley faces to more of my posts. :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
P-38J
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)