Author Topic: What plane earns you the most complaints?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Re: What plane earns you the most complaints?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 02:45:51 AM »
I got the most complaints ever once vulching M3's at the spawn in a 163, I think I landed 5 of them :lol
What made it even sweeter was it was 2 sectors from the 163 base :rofl

9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:16 AM »
Definitely the Typhoon. It's the 50 calibre sniper rifle of the air.

Ya, except its got Hispano 20mm.   :rock

There's not many planes in the set equipped with the guns and frontal deflection view necessary to get high deflection shots to win fights that you were losing otherwise via angles.

I agree with you there. Also it is amazingly stable and has a good initial turn rate even at high speed. Its practically made for snapshots.

I've never flown the tempest but I am going to take it out this tour. I imagine its everything the tiffy is but better.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:38:01 AM by AKHog »
The journey is the destination.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 08:01:02 AM »

I agree with you there. Also it is amazingly stable and has a good initial turn rate even at high speed. Its practically made for snapshots.

I've never flown the tempest but I am going to take it out this tour. I imagine its everything the tiffy is but better.

The Tempest is literally a Typhoon on steroids. Everything the Typhoon does the Tempest does a little better. Most notably it's significantly better at turning at all speeds due to its slightly thinner wing and rolls a bit better, the roll rate still sucks goat, but it's notably improved.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:37 AM »
The only two complaints I've ever gotten:

One was me in an F4U-1A, rtb extremely light on gas (end of my sortie and cruising) vs a SpitXVI. Can't remember the pilot's name off-hand, but he was a fairly well-regarded Spit driver. We get into it and mix it up, and after a looping, twisting fight at moderate speed I get a shot and put him down. He comes up on PM whining that "I was on the PHONE you @#$%!"

ROFL! Then WTF are you doing over MY base?!

Number two was me once again in my 1A. I was helping provide local defense for a base that had been getting beaten on when I encountered a 109. We engaged at moderately low altitude in another looping fight, lots of high and low-yos, etc, neither of us getting much of a shot. As we're engaged a two more cons come in above us and move to roll in. I still have a decent amount of airspeed as the fight with the 109 had been fairly open, and to avoid getting pinned down by a couple pickers while trying to deal with the 109 I decide it's time to pull back. I dive out shallowly to extend away from both opponents, not into the ack but in the general direction of my field where one or two friendlies were circling for altitude, more to give the high cons something else to deal with so I can finish off the 109.

The plan more or less works out. The high cons go down or are chased off, and after a short fight I finish off the 109. No sooner does he go into the ground but he's on 200 whining about me running. Apparently it's perfectly fine to dogpile someone, but god forbid you egress!

Not long after I'm back at altitude when I spot a lone 109. Arrogantly he posts on 200 "Lol F4U, want to try it again?"

We roll in and engage again, another looping fight with some extension until we both get down on the deck. I get a good shot in that takes out his engine oil and eventually finish him off. Not so smug THIS time.

The funny thing is that the 109 pilot was yet ANOTHER well-regarded stick....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »
The Ki-84.  But not many people complain about me. 
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 04:29:55 PM »
You have such a pessimistic view of this community :D

No one's ever said, "Wow, nice fight, Sir!" or "Good kill!" to you? 

Well, based on the name, if any one said "nice BnZ" he would not be giving him a compliment  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
Rarely do I get a compliment. I also have 5 solid reasons I don't. The P I L O T .
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »
Personally, and I don't why I prefer this, I like the fact that anyone that can shoot me down with a ENY 30 or higher, goes up in my book. Most people who fly the high ENY fighters result in a HO/ poor maneuvering ACMs. The only thing I like to fly around with a high ENY is the Hurri1. The Hurri1 turns great and has good guns if you know how to use them, it get high perks as well. Other than that plane, I fly the F4Us, mostly the 1D and very rarely, the Chog. Most Hogs fly excellent and are fun to watch a spixteen get beat by a heavier slower airplane, in regards acceleration.
Back to a situation were people got mad at me. I was flying an F6F last night, just getting used to the new planes. I got about to 8K and went level. I saw a friendly in some big trouble, 3v1 and all three were on his 6. I got 2 of them off and got low and slow on the process. I killed the one con that was left on the guys six. I get continuous "Check six" call saying that there is two on me. So the other two that broke off are the spit and Tiffie on the other friendlies six. So I thought to myself "no biggie, nothing new." I pull them into a tight left turn and got two flaps down. I pulled the quick reversal and got a shot on the Tiff, down he went. I get in a hard fight with the spit, when two ponies, one D model and the other B model. I broke off and pulled a fast turn on those guys, the B model take a fuel out on me, just the auxiliary. I now have the spit on my six, the two ponies pickin and no one to help, or so it seemed. Outta no were, one of my squaddies picks the spit off my tail. The D pony ran back to ack, and the B model stayed and got killed.
So I somehow managed to get away, from the disadvantage, and the picks from these guys.  
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Toof

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »
While I've never actually had someone call me out/complain about it. I can't help but wonder what someone is thinking when they take a 37mm from a 9T at 800 yards out. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I smile on the inside  :aok

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
I get some comments no occasion when I destroy or damage planes with the rear 20mms in the Ar234.  No one really expects it in the first place, either forgetting they are there or even not knowing there are rear guns on the jet bomber.

10 Kills last tour in Ar234s.  Over half were air to air.
I had one tour with 50 kills in the Ar234. About 30 were A2A, the rest were air to GV

Honestly though, most people complain when I out turn their Spit or LA in my 38.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
Unfortunately, I am not good enough to regale you all with tales of cartoon combat.   Though, there is always tomorrow.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »
Last night while defending the airbase at TT from the horde invasion i was mostly using my favorite close in and personal knife fighter the zeek. in the course of and hour of flying defense i received 9 compliments on my turning and twisting inside the belly of the horde and multiple salutes for the same. these did not come from my ability to single handily destroy the inbound invaders, i believe i only managed a few kills, but instead were awarded to me on my ability to get multiple planes bobbing and weaving twisting and turning trying to kill the damn skeeter that got inside the bed net!
although i didn't turn the tide of the capture, i sure as hell annoyed the invaders!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 01:40:44 AM »
Definitely the Typhoon. It's the 50 calibre sniper rifle of the air. All you need to kick bellybutton is SA, E management and the best aim you can possibly employ. It's a pure shootists plane. Enemy pilots usually never get the chance to out-fly it or end up dead in spite of out-flying it. In the hands of an expert marksman it's a devastating weapon system. There's not many planes in the set equipped with the guns and frontal deflection view necessary to get high deflection shots to win fights that you were losing otherwise via angles.

:aok
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 09:13:03 AM »
I thought this was complaints, not compliments?

Although, when someone accused me of cheating in a p38 it made my day.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
Definitely the Typhoon. It's the 50 calibre sniper rifle of the air. All you need to kick bellybutton is SA, E management and the best aim you can possibly employ. It's a pure shootists plane. Enemy pilots usually never get the chance to out-fly it or end up dead in spite of out-flying it. In the hands of an expert marksman it's a devastating weapon system. There's not many planes in the set equipped with the guns and frontal deflection view necessary to get high deflection shots to win fights that you were losing otherwise via angles.

Apart from the Mossie
~Hells Angels~
Solar10