Author Topic: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Town griefed by rooks, again
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »
Check out this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,244418.msg2985916.html#msg2985916

Quote from: VansCrew1
Amazing a few sweetheart bag's can kill the fun to 20-30+ people.
wtg jerk off's.

Quote from: VansCrew1 on August 18, 2008, 09:47:47 AM
knights were not using it (ed.: Tank Town), so why not take it. And there was no one in there i took it at like 9am. Thumbs UP!

Quote from: VansCrew1 on August 18, 2008, 10:12:31 AM
I just like to see people cry about it really.

Quote from: Lusche
Dear jury, I rest my case.  Thumbs UP!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:57:03 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
But this is the best quote of all:

I just like to see people cry about it really. If people dont want TT to be taken they should watch the base better. Not long ago the rooks always took Tank Town.

Wow, so you're no better than the little twits that are griefing in the DA.  Always figured you for an arse, this just confirms it.

ack-ack

I rest my case.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:01:44 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
You have all missed the point that the fun of TT is not taking bases, or at least leaving the airfields alone, and simply fighting.  Funny that in most other threads, it's supposed to be about the fight, base rolling is dumb, and we'd be better off with the Trinity map.  Formulate the same thing as a complaint, and most are against it, there's a chorus of "whiner" repeated by half the people because they're just following one or two bellicose nay-sayers.  The lack of independence of thought and inconsistency never ceases to amaze me.

3 reasons: Sheeple, medication and the lack of medication

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 02:15:02 PM »
Now find the culprits and let's burn them! :devil

Seriously, why aren't those airfields uncapturable?
Your answer came before the question.  HTC has talked about the gameplay dynamics that result when one country steamrolls the others out of a dedicated part of the map (ie. "let's burn them!).  It appears they like the stories of when the other 2 countries call a truce long enough to restore the three way fight.  With all that said, AKAK's reply seems resonable to me, though none of us are really thrilled when one country decides to grief the furball area of the map.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »
But this is the best quote of all:

I rest my case.

That comment was in reference to Vanscrew's admission to purposely go there and grief players, not capturing TT bases.  Why don't you post the link to the thread so others can read that post in the correct context?

The fact remains, you don't want your base taken, then defend it.  It really is that simple and to cry, pout and whine for HTC to code something in the game that can be easily remedied by the players themselves speaks volumes about the sniveling player. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
The link is already posted at the top of this page.

Vanscrew was not supporting griefing Tank Klub in the DA, he was gloating about taking TT in the main arena, and you skewered him for it.  In this thread you haven't totally contradicted yourself, but if the quote didn't have the same name next to it a neutral reader would infer that it wasn't from you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:46:50 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »
Why don't you post the link to the thread so others can read that post in the correct context?
Actually the link to the original post is always embedded in the quote header when the "quote button" is used.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2008, 03:28:14 PM »
Tank town keeps me away from hoping onto my D9 =/ if they take TT away I'm break the D9 out for revenge. On a serious note, I do hope they make those air field at TT uncapatureable. It's lame at 3 AM PST when some of us play and there are no place to fight when TT is taken by some country.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »
It requires 10 Me-110s, a Few N1k2's to cap the town and field, and a goon or two with troops.
This is how you take a base knits, it does work from time to time, you should try it.

knits take bases? hahaha :(
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »
That comment was in reference to Vanscrew's admission to purposely go there and grief players, not capturing TT bases.  Why don't you post the link to the thread so others can read that post in the correct context?

The fact remains, you don't want your base taken, then defend it.  It really is that simple and to cry, pout and whine for HTC to code something in the game that can be easily remedied by the players themselves speaks volumes about the sniveling player. 

ack-ack

Spot on.
Too many things have already been changed to accomodate the 'its not my job' or 'someone else can do it' brigade.
Easier to defend a base, than try to retake it.
Ive seen a handful of guys stop a huge number of attackers, yup your gonna die, a lot, but hell is it fun.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:23:47 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 09:19:46 AM »
ANAX,

i think the real thing is that even though WE refer to certain areas on certain maps as TT or FT...HTC does not.  No MA is set up as a furball or gv haven...planes and tanks are supposed to be used in the context of the game...of which basetaking is a motivator to encourage fighting interactions.  There are also "scoring" rewards to taking bases so some may see bases grouped closely together as opportunities to improve that portion of their rank and NOT as  pure GV or fiter haven.  Its all in the eye of the beholder....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
ANAX,

i think the real thing is that even though WE refer to certain areas on certain maps as TT or FT...HTC does not.  No MA is set up as a furball or gv haven...planes and tanks are supposed to be used in the context of the game...of which basetaking is a motivator to encourage fighting interactions.  There are also "scoring" rewards to taking bases so some may see bases grouped closely together as opportunities to improve that portion of their rank and NOT as  pure GV or fiter haven.  Its all in the eye of the beholder....

Interesting point.  Before I started playing AH I read the training pages and this is one of the things I saw:

“FIGHTER-TOWN” and “TANK-TOWN”: Another topic which gets people heated up. Some maps have a ring of either airfields or vehicle bases, one from each country, in the middle of the map surrounded by high mountains. These bases are referred to as either Fighter-Town (airbases) or Tank-Town (vehicle bases). These bases, like all bases on the map, are capturable and can contribute to the overall count of bases needed to “win” the war. Having said that, it is important to note these bases are not needed to win the war. The debate arises from the question of whether or not it is alright to bomb and/or capture the bases in Fighter-Town or Tank-Town. We could devote pages to the discussion but the bottom line is leave fighter-town for fighters and tank-town for tanks. Don’t bomb / capture / pork / vultch in those locations. You will find your own countrymen helping the enemy kill you.

Granted these are the words of trainers, not HTC, but they're on HTC's website http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/etiquette/etiquette.htm.  Perhaps the training pages should be updated to say something different about fighter/tank-town, since our community has apparently changed over the years and it's OK to capture it.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
Now find the culprits and let's burn them! :devil

Seriously, why aren't those airfields uncapturable?  I don't care about the vbases so long as the airfields remain up.  It's the most fun part of the whole map (LWO) and it never lasts for more than a day or two.

FYI, we've been able to designate airfields as uncapturable in the ava, so it doesn't require a map update.

Me and my squad took the south bases on TT last night after rooks owned the whole island  :) :lol

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »
Vbases are easy to defend, as well as easy to take. Don't whine on the BBS about it being taken, just take it back.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »
Granted these are the words of trainers, not HTC, but they're on HTC's website http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/etiquette/etiquette.htm.  Perhaps the training pages should be updated to say something different about fighter/tank-town, since our community has apparently changed over the years and it's OK to capture it.
Nothing has changed.  Most don't want the dedicated areas steamrolled.  Some griefers still wish to do it anyways.