Author Topic: My Strat Idea  (Read 125 times)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
My Strat Idea
« on: January 23, 2000, 04:41:00 PM »
Ih Ah we have factories refineries and ammo dumps, attack these slow down rebuild of bases. My idea is to use drones sence we have c47 allready to fly server controlled to forward airbases. This would be nesseccary becuase heavy use of these bases deplete supplys, which would make a forward base self closing if no supplies reach it attacks would have to move to other bases to launch from. This could bring quick strat and a need to fly cover for the winning side of the battle. Later when if vehicles come then trucks could do this, trains would also be nice.

Having to resupply forward bases would limit planes at that filed if no supplys get thru. limiting the planes in this fashion would force the use of other bases and make it harder to just go and close a nme base. This would make us use the hole map and not just the forward bases.

It could work something like 20 or 30 planes leave the same base a 2 C47's would take off 1 with ammo and 1 with fuel to resupply that base, base in mean time limited to 75% fuel and 75% ammo per plane. Now 20 or 30 planes take off again and no supplies come yet drop another 25% and so on. These C47's are now targets that if stopped can stop a forward attack. This is closer to real combat.

The problem with all strat is the part HTC has to do and how much codeing it would take to do it. I dont think any other Flight sim has this type of strat. I think it would be fun to try it.

Now add your own comments.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
My Strat Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2000, 08:07:00 PM »
Forget C47's
 Lets get trains and truck convoys going. Give us real ground targets to go after.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
My Strat Idea
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2000, 08:28:00 AM »
"It could work something like 20 or 30 planes leave the same base a 2 C47's would take off 1 with ammo and 1 with fuel to resupply that base, base in mean time limited to 75% fuel and 75% ammo per plane. Now 20 or 30 planes take off again and no supplies come yet drop another 25% and so on."

I like this idea, but also think trains and truck convoys would be better than C-47's.   That way, there would be predictable areas along roadways/railways to atttack/defend, making it easier to find a fight.  Throw in some bridges to blow up, too.    

Maybe start with C-47's since we already have them, and wouldn't need to add roads/rails to the terrain.  This might make it easier to try the idea out.  Later, allow players to fly C-47's to resupply, in addition to drone trucks and trains.

Another twist on this basic idea would be to fully arm/fuel any plane safely landed at a forward field, no matter what the state of supply.  This would add the fabled "Reason to Survive" to the game.

Extending that idea, allow NEW planes for "Aces" to be fully armed/fueled at forward fields, regardless of the supply state of the field.  An "Ace" would be anyone with a kill streak of X kills.  This would add a "Reward for Success", beyond score or ranking, to the game.

popeye

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited 01-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited 01-24-2000).]
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
My Strat Idea
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
punt!!

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
My Strat Idea
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2000, 07:25:00 PM »
I would prefer that there be AI Trucks and trains to do the resupply, and C-47s used by the Home team in times of Crisis.

A normal schedule of Rail and Road traffic, with mobile ack (Convoys with Ack for defense, Ack Cars for the Trains.)  These would supply the AIrfields.

When a field is under attack, the defending team could fly in supplies to augment or restore losses during the battle.

I like the idea of each plane that launches from a field using a percentage of the existing supplies.

------------------
Lincoln "Downtown" Brown.
 lkbrown1@tir.com
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline indian

• Copper Member
My Strat Idea
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2000, 12:06:00 AM »
Downtown we dont have trucks or trains yet we do have c47. if needed tey could be renamed to the navy version and sent as drone not on a schdeule and not on same path that would be for trians and trucks. The object is strategy to win not make it easy to run up score. Thats why I said reduce supplys at bases as planes take off.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.