Author Topic: My insight on problems with general GV/aircraft  (Read 750 times)

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
My insight on problems with general GV/aircraft
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:44:11 PM »
1. Why does the commander of T34(both models) not pop up with the main gun alignment?  2.  Lancaster bomber, never heard of 50 cal in tail in any model and why not more ammo, DAMN its a big plane.  Also note on bomber raids tail gun was most heavy casuality.  3.  Why is it you can kill 30 tanks in tiger and still loose perks?  4.  Zero and mossie burns to long? Whys that,  zero had no self sealing fuel tanks but mossie did, we want a hot dog roast?  5.  Give us sights for rockets on the PT boat rockets, skdz 251 rockets and GOD sakes the rear gunner for arado 234.  We pay huge perks and we should be able to aim rear guns.  Spits  ALL  damn they are good at diving, had a spit 5 catch up to my p51 no problem no way.  Reviewed film we had matching speed at alt and dive.  6.  Niki 20 mm couldnt kill m3 with over 100 rds 20mm, PLEASE!  Happened x3. 7.  Firefly 50 cal(AA)  goes down way to early with minimal hits.  8.  Damn you attack a base lately with any tank?  You are blinded by  Ack, doesnt seem realistic, especially since its auto ack.  9.  Love the 37mm on Il2  only way to match the super WW now, and its 30% chance of knocking out a open turreted gv.  10!  lost bomb sight on b25c with solid nose ok but if you go to drone it doesnt have rear gun turret sight.   Sigh enough for now, my fingers are shakin.  Comments are welcomed but not appreciated ;)
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: My insight on problems with general GV/aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »
1. Beats me.
2. Some Lancasters were fitted with twin 50s in the tail. Ammo is based upon storage space in the turret, not the size of the bomber.
3. ENY
4. Beats me.
5. Agree, or at least some method of ranging. Re the Spit: Spits could reach very high dive speeds. What they didn't do was accelerate very quickly in a dive.
6. Odds are that most of the 20mm rounds missed.
7. The Sherman Firefly has a .30 cal pintle gun, not a .50 cal.
8. Kill the base ack from outside AA range first.
9. Never go head to head with the Wirby. Blindside it or get proficient dropping bombs from 2k up.
10. I didn't notice as I almost never fly bomber formations, especially with the B-25C.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »
Tiger is worth 5 ENY, Panzer is worth 30 ENY.  If you kill a Panzer with a Tiger that would be worth 5 divided by 30 which equals .16667 perks.  There is also the "Perk Bonus" value, which is fluid and depends on the difference in numbers between the countries rosters.  So lets say when the above kill was made the Tiger's country had the most people on, and the "Perk Bonus" was .79

So:   
(5/30)*.79=.131667 perks

Lets say you killed 40 panzers under those conditions.  .131667*40= a whopping 5.26 perks.

But you likely didnt kill all panzers, and the higher the ENY value of the vehicle you killed, the less perks you would earn.

Thats basically how it works.  It depends on the ENY values, and what your countries perk bonus is at the time.
Then if you die in your tiger the death multiplier comes into play so that 5.26 perks times the .25 death multiplier would be 1.325 perks earned in that sortie, which is well below the cost of upping the tiger.

5.  One way is to use your mouse pointer as a reference point

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 12:08:56 AM by Murdr »

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
I assume that the spit unloaded in the dive and you didn't.  Since you have the film you could check that.

Hooligan

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »
I did post in the bug forum some time back about the drone gun sights on the b25c.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »
re: Spitfire diving

That beautiful long taper into the fuselage along the sides really screwed up the aerodynamics under the plane where the fuselage kicks up past the trailing edge of the wing. The drag created there is tremendous. That is the cheif culprit on why the spit, with a higher hp motor, lighter weight, smaller frontal area, and thinner crossection wing was slower than the Mustang.

That is why even the huge Jug would leave a spit hangin wonderin what the heck is goin on when they pointed the nose down.
(the Jug was slower in a dive than a Mustang, even tho the airspeed indicator said otherwise ..M.I.T. checked 'em both on radar, turned out the Jug's airpseed indicator was into shockwave compression at hi speeds giving a false reading..compared to Mustang's which was more accurate)

-GE (ya .. I asked my aerodynamic instructor this stuff ..he usually told me to research it, write a paper on it, and I always got an 'A' :)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:09:15 AM »
This key may be missing from your keyboard.  I'd check it out.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »
re: Spitfire diving

That beautiful long taper into the fuselage along the sides really screwed up the aerodynamics under the plane where the fuselage kicks up past the trailing edge of the wing. The drag created there is tremendous. That is the cheif culprit on why the spit, with a higher hp motor, lighter weight, smaller frontal area, and thinner crossection wing was slower than the Mustang.
Depends on altitude.  The Mk XIV is slower down low and faster up high when compared to a B or D Pony.  Yes, initial dive acceleration on Spitfires wasn't good, but the Mk XIV in tests made up ground initially lost on the Bf109G pretty fast, unlike the Mk IX which din't make up ground in a useful time frame.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »
Would that be ENTER ENTER ENTER?  Is that like alt f4?   Dont really understand the BEAUTIFULL picture of the enter key but it is mona lisa in beauty! :lol
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »
1.  Why does the commander of T34(both models) not pop up with the main gun alignment? 
2.  Lancaster bomber, never heard of 50 cal in tail in any model and why not more ammo, DAMN its a big plane.  Also note on bomber raids tail gun was most heavy causality. 
3.  Why is it you can kill 30 tanks in tiger and still loose perks? 
4.  Zero and mossie burns to long? Whys that,  zero had no self sealing fuel tanks but mossie did, we want a hot dog roast? 
5.  Give us sights for rockets on the PT boat rockets, skdz 251 rockets and GOD sakes the rear gunner for arado 234.  We pay huge perks and we should be able to aim rear guns.  Spits  ALL  damn they are good at diving, had a spit 5 catch up to my p51 no problem no way.  Reviewed film we had matching speed at alt and dive. 
6.  Niki 20 mm couldn't kill m3 with over 100 rds 20mm, PLEASE!  Happened x3.
7.  Firefly 50 cal(AA)  goes down way to early with minimal hits. 
8.  Damn you attack a base lately with any tank?  You are blinded by  Ack, doesn't seem realistic, especially since its auto ack. 
9.  Love the 37mm on Il2  only way to match the super WW now, and its 30% chance of knocking out a open turreted gv. 
10!  lost bomb sight on b25c with solid nose ok but if you go to drone it doesn't have rear gun turret sight.  
Sigh enough for now, my fingers are shakin.  Comments are welcomed but not appreciated ;)

I think this is what MrBucket was referring too.  :aok
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:48:23 PM by Twizzty »

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »
Doesn't depend on altitude at all.

The shape creates a vacuum behind the trailing edge of the wing under the fuselage.
Period.

They didn't 'fix' that until the Mk 22 if I remember correctly, when they went to a laminar flow wing and the nice long fuselage fairings were gone.

As for the 'enter' key comment ..

..typin *is* a wimmen's skill.

-GE aka Frank
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE