Author Topic: Air / Ground DAR Filter  (Read 136 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« on: April 09, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
I know this sounds like a "Whine".  

Please consider an "Air / Ground DAR Filter" for the "Sector Count Bars" in a future version.

Thanks!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2000, 07:56:00 AM »
If I read this to mean having radar see what's on the ground, I couldn't be more against this (and I am primarily a pilot). There would be little chance for tanks if they do/did show up on radar. Make us have to search them out and report their whereabouts over the radio.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
Well, I understand he is refering to quadrant enemy activity bars. If so, I agree completely. If those bars are based on ground personal observers, they are independent of radar. So, there should be two bars, one for air activity and another for ground. And if those bars are independent of radar contacts, they should keep visible even with DAR destroyed.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2000, 08:51:00 AM »
I'd like to try having vehicles not show up on "sector counters" at all.  Ground forces need all the stealth they can get, or they aren't going to effective, or fun.  I'll be much more likely to drive a tank for an hour, with the prospect of a surprise attack, than with the expectation of being jabo'd 10 minutes before I get to the target.

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2000, 12:48:00 PM »
agree 100% popeye, let the ground pounders tool about without counters and it will help with that "fog of war" that can be so much fun  

skippy

Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2000, 08:16:00 PM »
Yeah..no radar bliping , and no doppler radar , no u2's no sr71's no keyhole sats. , and no deathrays.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2000, 08:18:00 AM »
Well said popeye!
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Air / Ground DAR Filter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Was gonna say the same thing popeye. But perhaps a total count of ground vehicles per side would be in order.
(e.g.: "Bishops have 2 ground vehicles in play").  That way you'd know if there was a task force out there, but maybe not where.