Author Topic: what do you fly in RL?  (Read 3249 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Re: what do you fly in RL?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 03:26:38 PM »
Whatever I can. Generally cannot affors to log regular time at the moment so I depend on friends to get stick time.
The last two rides were a KR2S and a Piper Cherokee 6
Despite being at best 1/3 the size, the KR was the best fun by a looong margin.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
I got the chance to fly a P51D for my 18th birthday, hell of a plane was very cool.

pics?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »
okay fine, I am a marine F/A-18 pilot who just got back from a super short deployment and now at peneceola (omg how do u spell that ?) I'm in the process of transitioning from model E to F.
:lol :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
I have a few hundred hours, commercial license with IFR rating (BTW anyone looking for a pilot?  :pray).

I have some time in a Citation jet, probably 1000's of hours flying RC and I even have a bunch of hours paragliding.

However this summer I found a new addiction that has taken over my life. It is all I can think about. In my mind it is the most pure form of soaring. Just last weekend I shared a thermal with a golden eagle only 15 feet away at times, climbed up to 11,000 feet and raced him out over the valley to the next thermal. Now I must find a way to quit my day job and chase the summer around the world so I can fly all year long.

I'm not one for words so I can not possibly express what its like, all I can say is don't wait another year, not another day, not another second, drop what you are doing and book some lessons now. All said and done its about the cheapest way to get flying, and possibly the most fun.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VhH1CHgfaVM
The journey is the destination.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
Right now, I'm in Army JROTC, and I'm a Second Lt. there, which is an officer. I'm hoping to become a pilot as I've said alot. If not a pilot, at least a Predetor pilot, which in return, is what I'm doing now; sitting looking at a computer screen, and flying for a 8-16 hours at a time. Of course, I don't play 8-16 hours on this game everyday, but I like to take 4 hours out of my life. :)
We will just have to see what turns out. :D

Now you just gotta go through 4 more years of ROTC and you are set !
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Right now, I'm in Army JROTC, and I'm a Second Lt. there, which is an officer. I'm hoping to become a pilot as I've said alot. If not a pilot, at least a Predetor pilot, which in return, is what I'm doing now; sitting looking at a computer screen, and flying for a 8-16 hours at a time. Of course, I don't play 8-16 hours on this game everyday, but I like to take 4 hours out of my life. :)
We will just have to see what turns out. :D
Actually sitting here looking at cartoon planes would you in the long run :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 03:51:40 PM »
I won 10 billion dollars playing counter striker and in my spare time i fly F/A/B-16's for the CIA out of Amarillo.  I have been active for 20 years and am now a reserve ready to go active again.  If you run from me i will cuss you on 200 in AH for hours on end and tell you about your limited skill set because you are not as good as me.  I am the best btw.  Whatever i say is allowed because it is just banter.  Right?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
I won 10 billion dollars playing counter striker and in my spare time i fly F/A/B-16's for the CIA out of Amarillo.  I have been active for 20 years and am now a reserve ready to go active again.  If you run from me i will cuss you on 200 in AH for hours on end and tell you about your limited skill set because you are not as good as me.  I am the best btw.  Whatever i say is allowed because it is just banter.  Right?
I have been flying SU-29's out of Amarillo for the last ten years, funny I haven't seen any little englishmen around here, I call BS!!!  :furious

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »
172s.  I've got all of .9 hour in a DA-20, and I suspect that's all I'm going to devote to it.

Unless they give it a steerable nosewheel someday.

- oldman

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
I have been flying SU-29's out of Amarillo for the last ten years, funny I haven't seen any little englishmen around here, I call BS!!!  :furious

:noid

I am not surprised, i fly for the top secret super duper ace divison, i am far too smart to be associated with amoeba like you.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 04:26:14 PM »
I fly my Fokker Tri-Plane for the Kaiser. :salute

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline AKHog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
172s.  I've got all of .9 hour in a DA-20, and I suspect that's all I'm going to devote to it.

Unless they give it a steerable nosewheel someday.

- oldman

What is your experience with the da20? Everyone I've talked to says the nose wheel is hardly noticeable. Personally I rarely find the need to use more than the brakes for slow taxi and rudder for high speed taxi in the Cessna's.

Where you in the Katana or the C1? With the published numbers I wonder why more flight schools don't ditch the Cessnas and go with these.
The journey is the destination.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 05:36:58 PM »
Hey I fly F/A-18 in RL what do you fly ?  :aok

Just kidding !

I acutally logged about 30 hours in Cesna 172 and about 40 hours in cheeroke warrior

I've been in a Cherokee for a few hours. It was really cool to fly the new version. The Lance with retracting gear, that was a new experience. Most of my time has been in a Bonanza V. Very nice ride but the yoke is kinda weird.
325th Checkertails

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »
What is your experience with the da20? Everyone I've talked to says the nose wheel is hardly noticeable. Personally I rarely find the need to use more than the brakes for slow taxi and rudder for high speed taxi in the Cessna's.

Where you in the Katana or the C1? With the published numbers I wonder why more flight schools don't ditch the Cessnas and go with these.

i have almost 2 hours in a DA20 that's in our club. i like it, but it is very slippery on final......by that, i mean, that you cannot let your pitch be off be even a couple degrees, or she's gonna keep her speed. i don't recall having any problems with ground handling, and although slow, she's a blast in tha air.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 06:05:57 PM »
Just a little time in a Cessna 172, hope to get my license when I hit 17.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer