Author Topic: Spitfire, La & N1k Factories!  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Spitfire, La & N1k Factories!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
Bad idea.  Would put the low numbers side at an even bigger disadvantage.

Could maybe see it if it disabled a random unit.

And it amuses me how the most common aircraft, the P-51D, is once again left off of the list.  Can't have anything affecting the P-51D now can we?

About the random unit idea.  I recall the Luftwaffe blowing the hell out of a pot factory in 1940 while a Spitfire factory sat untouched within 5 miles of it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:00:19 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
Sounds like an interesting idea; make it even more so by not having the factory show up on the map...you have to fly around and find it yourself.

Best part of the idea. :aok

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
Brilliant add a 109k plant and you have my vote.
:lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 02:58:37 PM »
And it amuses me how the most common aircraft, the P-51D, is once again left off of the list.  Can't have anything affecting the P-51D now can we?
You beat me to it.  That was my first thought, too.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 03:03:32 PM »
As long as the air craft plants destroy random planes, i have no problem with it.  :rock
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
Sounds like an interesting idea; make it even more so by not having the factory show up on the map...you have to fly around and find it yourself.

that was one of the cool features in AW4W, there were a couple of hidden bases and bunkers you could go to.  Though, eventually you would learn where these hidden bases were like B82.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
that was one of the cool features in AW4W, there were a couple of hidden bases and bunkers you could go to.  Though, eventually you would learn where these hidden bases were like B82.

ack-ack

One subroutine added to coad which would randomly place these bases each time the map resets; yeah?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »
 Mazz:
   As ur self apointed lawyer,I have filed a copy right petition for the following
         "Mk16 La1K"

:lol :lol :rofl :rofl

Ya made my day if that 1!!!

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 07:55:14 PM »

For the life of me, I can not figure your problem with the P-51D, Karnak, unless you just dislike popularity. It is an 8 ENY plane and as modeled in AH it eminently deserves that price, being a mediocre ride compared to a lot under typical LW MA conditions. The bizarre part is that the Typhoon, Fw-190D9 and 109 K-4 have a higher ENY, being just as effective if not more so in filling the P-51's niche at typical MA alts.

Of the four most popular planes, ONLY the P-51D is flown mostly because of "what it is" and NOT because of "what it can do".

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 08:19:04 PM »
For the life of me, I can not figure your problem with the P-51D, Karnak, unless you just dislike popularity. It is an 8 ENY plane and as modeled in AH it eminently deserves that price, being a mediocre ride compared to a lot under typical LW MA conditions. The bizarre part is that the Typhoon, Fw-190D9 and 109 K-4 have a higher ENY, being just as effective if not more so in filling the P-51's niche at typical MA alts.

Of the four most popular planes, ONLY the P-51D is flown mostly because of "what it is" and NOT because of "what it can do".

You're only think of the P-51D's air-to-air ability.  It's a darn good ground attack plane, too.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »

Personally, while I think having such factories is a fantastic griefing tool, I really don't think it's necessary in AH.  Back in AW, when everyone and their mothers flew Spitfire IXs and how they were purposefully over modeled, it was a nice little feature to have but then again, destroying the Spitfire factory in AW was usually done to upset the other country and not for any real strategic purposes.  It was a blast to go over to the factory, bomb the crap out of it and start hearing the whines, "WTF happened to my Spit 9!" and only seeing Spit Is flying instead.

I'd rather have a zone limit system, similiar to AWs, added to the game instead.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:10:54 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 09:01:57 PM »
I say we have a Buff plant, and plants for each ENY...such as 5-10, 10-20, 20-30 etc, etc.
The higher the ENY, the farther back the factory is.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 09:15:47 PM »
No, do not have a specific plane factory.

Have "aircraft production facilities" as one possible target, heavily defended in each country's hinterland behind the uncapturables. Have a sliding ENY/Perk system-the more you bomb aircraft production facilities, the higher the price goes on perk planes. Unperked high ENY planes would pick up a price.

Of course, this would require a few changes. First, the ENY would be updated. It is silly that a fighter like the 109 K-4 or Yak-9U is 20 ENY, while the Ta-152 is 5. Second, I would get rid of people being ENYed out of either perk planes or high ENY planes. Instead, as I alluded to, flying them would simply involve a perk cost. Third, and this is only tangentially related, but interesting, I would give practically every aircraft except the most basic models a light perk price. Of course, I would also give each AH player a stipend of 100 perks a tour so no one would be doomed to never flying an La-7 or a Spit16, no matter how inept at earning perks.

You could do similar things for say, fuel, ammo, or ord. Bomb enough production facilities for those into the ground, and taking off with a full load could cost perks.

now if you take BnZ's idea and mix it with

then i think we would be on to something very radical and exstremely helpful to all of the major complaints of those in the game.

gives purpose to eny, helps eliviate the flood of perk rides (including gv's) will force more players to fly other rides for periods of time or to spend the perks to get the high end stuff.

if you take the eny mathematical formula and apply it as a multiplier for the amount of damage it would take to destroy one of these factories (i.e. say it takes 3000 base points of damage to destroy the factory, if you country has a downward (least player factor) eny of 20 then you multiple your factory damage rate by 2.0 (3000x2.0=6000) thus it would now take 6000 points of damage to destroy it, if your country has an upward eny (highest player factor) of the same 20 points, then you devide your factory rating of 3000 by this eny factor (3000/2.0=1500) making your factory much easier to destroy.

thus a country suffering low numbers could spare a few bomber jockies to level the playing field in planes and gv's.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

I have no problem with the P-51D.  I have a problem with people being selective and trying to only screw the other guy.

As to flying it for what it is, I think you'd be surprised how many people hold Spitfires in genuine affection.  I signed up to this game just to fly the Spitfire, which I did for a couple years before I got so sick of the whines I switched to the Mosquito.

Yes, the Spitfire is pretty easy to be successful in and it makes it easier to recover from errors without paying in full for them, so it does attract players that way.  Likewise, the P-51D enables certain tactics and that attracts some players.  The idea that only the P-51D is getting many players due to a particular liking for the aircraft and its history is absurd.

I will grant you that the honest La-7 or N1K2-J enthusists surely make a tiny fraction of the players that use them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
I say we have a Buff plant, and plants for each ENY...such as 5-10, 10-20, 20-30 etc, etc.
The higher the ENY, the farther back the factory is.

While it wasn't perfect, AW had a pretty decent strat system where each strat target did have an infuence over the country.  If you were to close down a factory and then close down the resupply base (the base that was used to launch the supply drones to the bases), you could keep a base(s) shut down for a few hours.  That's why it was important to defend those bases and were the locations of many a good furballs/battles that could last hours. 

ack-ack