Author Topic: vulching  (Read 1924 times)

Offline yodad585

• Zinc Member
vulching
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »
wtf is VULCHING

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: vulching
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:28:02 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think it refers to posting a ton of new and rather pointless threads on the BBS...  Especially if some of them use an annoying red font.

But I could be wrong.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
Shooting planes on the runway, just after takeoff, or as they are landing.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
It's when skill-less 'tards de-ack an airbase and kill planes as they take off to try to defend it.  It generally takes two to vulch -- the skill-less 'tard in the air and the dumb-azz who tries to up a plane right in front of them.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 07:36:17 AM »
wtf is VULCHING

shooting a plane as he's landing(including on short final), or taking off(including just off the runway)
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 07:37:47 AM »
I might be wrong, but I think it refers to posting a ton of new and rather pointless threads on the BBS...  Especially if some of them use an annoying red font.how would vulching be refering to the font color?
and what's annoying about red?? :rofl :rofl

But I could be wrong.
sorry...couldn't resist.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »
sorry...couldn't resist.

hehe, well...  It was a backwards slap, referencing a few other threads the OP stated in the Wishlist section.  Fortunately, he/she was able to go back and edit the annoying red font out of the posts.  :salute

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 11:33:15 AM »
hehe, well...  It was a backwards slap, referencing a few other threads the OP stated in the Wishlist section.  Fortunately, he/she was able to go back and edit the annoying red font out of the posts.  :salute

:rofl :D

<>;
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »
wtf is VULCHING

a time honored tradition?
 :cool:
zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
It's when skill-less 'tards de-ack an airbase and kill planes as they take off to try to defend it.  It generally takes two to vulch -- the skill-less 'tard in the air and the dumb-azz who tries to up a plane right in front of them.
If they live to kill al ack, as I have done in the past, and still have pleanty of ammo to finish, then by all rights vulch away, you deserve it.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
If they live to kill al ack, as I have done in the past, and still have pleanty of ammo to finish, then by all rights vulch away, you deserve it.

i could agree with this,

its when they avoid the fight, to come streaking in at top speed to vulch someone heading to a FIGHT, or killing someone tring to land comming from a FIGHT, these are the profesianal vulchers, and i think they are some of the worst players in AH, Vanscrew comes to mind.

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »
Vanscrew comes to mind.
vanscrew rarely vulches. vans picks, but doesn't vulch. we all pick, nothing new there. unless vans has changed in 2 months, he rarely vulches as i have stated. and pointing a finger at one indivdual in particular is low. i find that lower than vulching just to get kills and be a score hore. yea, i vulch, but its not a lot, and when i do i at least let the person get a lil bit of alt so they cna have a fighting chance. :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »
I call it "Base Suppression." And generally only do it if I'm actively engaged attempting to actually take a base. As opposed to circling at modest altitude waiting for him to clear the ack before rolling in and picking him off. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 11:09:53 PM »
vanscrew rarely vulches. vans picks, but doesn't vulch. we all pick, nothing new there. unless vans has changed in 2 months, he rarely vulches as i have stated. and pointing a finger at one indivdual in particular is low. i find that lower than vulching just to get kills and be a score hore. yea, i vulch, but its not a lot, and when i do i at least let the person get a lil bit of alt so they cna have a fighting chance. :salute

Well i dont think you watch what he is doing all the time, i watched him avoid the furball to vulch on more than one occasion.

i dont vulch, period, i am here for the fight, so you will never see me vulch, and when i see someone avoid the fight to vulch, that someone is a chump in my book and i have no problem calling them out on it, and yes i have said the same thing to him.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »
Essentially, to get alot of vulches, you are almost in the pattern for the active.

NOT something you want to do if you are paranoid about ack or incoming high bandits.  :noid