Author Topic: 109 K4 engaging P51's  (Read 1987 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: 109 K4 engaging P51's
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 10:42:48 AM »
If they knew what they were doing you should have been dead right away at any alt.  You were lucky to run into three noobs that didn't know wing tactics.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 01:12:52 PM »
If I see a K4 picking I know what squad they are with.   I have NO PROBLEMS turning either craft.   Sometimes when you "do the unimagineable" you bring with that, an element of surprise which turns the tables in your favor.

I'd put my money on the P-51.   Only way to get "accuracy" in the K4 is to "game the game" and use only Cannon.   I'm sorry, but that is exactly what it is.   It's why I prefer to use the 109F4.   

Flame on, but I call it like I see it, because I did it for about two weeks (a onth or two after it was renamed to the K4) and refuse to do it anymore.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »
Using only the cannon is gaming the game?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
The pony is undermatched against the K4, true. I believe there can be enough of the difference between the pilots that a good 51 stick may be able to prevail.  I'll fight a k4 under any circumstances. I may not win, but I'm not afraid of the odds.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »
Steve, you would probably shoot my K4 down in a minute if I engaged your 51 co e. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
I dunno.. last time I fought you 1v1 you were in an F8... you were flyin around in that pig and it still took me 15 minutes to get ya.  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
Only way to get "accuracy" in the K4 is to "game the game" and use only Cannon.   I'm sorry, but that is exactly what it is.

How exactly can firing 30mm cannon only considered gaming the game? Both mgs and cannon were fired using their own triggers so they could easily be fired separately. Also, saying that firing cannon only is the only way to get accuracy with the 30mm isn't true at all either. I know a very succesful 109 stick in the game who fires both mgs and 30mm together and on top of that, has tracers turned off.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:33:09 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
I never use the cannons/MG's separately unless I'm firing only MG's... the tracer streams are easily distinguishable from each other and there's a nice red fireball that lets you know when you hit with the 30mm as opposed to one of the 13mm's.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
It's more rewarding to get down in the weeds with a Tempest, turn fight and actually manage to leave intact and with kills. Or BnZ with an a6m2...
But I'm also a confirmed headcase...
 :aok
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »
How exactly can firing 30mm cannon only considered gaming the game? Both mgs and cannon were fired using their own triggers so they could easily be fired separately. Also, saying that firing cannon only is the only way to get accuracy with the 30mm isn't true at all either. I know a very succesful 109 stick in the game who fires both mgs and 30mm together and on top of that, has tracers turned off.

There is a HUGE difference in accuracy using both methods.   Try it yourself.   

It IS gaming the game.   It would be another thing if you use your MG's to get a read on the Con and follow suit with cannon.   

I know folks would get pissed, but sometimes the truth hurts.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »
There is a HUGE difference in accuracy using both methods.   Try it yourself.   

It IS gaming the game.   It would be another thing if you use your MG's to get a read on the Con and follow suit with cannon.   

I know folks would get pissed, but sometimes the truth hurts.   

Pissed? Hehe, why would anyone be pissed? And who in your opinion got pissed because of your comment in this thread so far?

There just isn't any logic in your argument.

Yes, there are a lot of firing situations where there's a difference in accuracy but saying that firing cannon only is "the only way to get accuracy" is not true, and that is what you claimed at first. But most of the time, at least the firing positions I try to get to when using 30mm, there really wouldn't be much difference if I was firing 30mm only or all guns or if I would have tracers on or not. At point blank range those things mentioned don't really matter. Most of the time with the 30mm I try to setup snap shots where the target flies through my gunsite at about 20-150 yards at very high deflection angles. At situations like that the firing time is so short that you have no time to correct your aim anyway. On straight 6 shots with 200-300 ranges, yes it is best to fire cannon only so you can use its tracers as a guide.

Again, I repeat, saying that firing the 30mm only is "gaming the game" makes no sense. The real plane had one trigger for mgs and one for the cannon, it is actually more "unrealistic" to fire both using the same trigger since there normally were no such trigger in the real plane.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »
Pissed? Hehe, why would anyone be pissed? And who in your opinion got pissed because of your comment in this thread so far?

There just isn't any logic in your argument.

Yes, there are a lot of firing situations where there's a difference in accuracy but saying that firing cannon only is "the only way to get accuracy" is not true, and that is what you claimed at first. But most of the time, at least the firing positions I try to get to when using 30mm, there really wouldn't be much difference if I was firing 30mm only or all guns or if I would have tracers on or not. At point blank range those things mentioned don't really matter. Most of the time with the 30mm I try to setup snap shots where the target flies through my gunsite at about 20-150 yards at very high deflection angles. At situations like that the firing time is so short that you have no time to correct your aim anyway. On straight 6 shots with 200-300 ranges, yes it is best to fire cannon only so you can use its tracers as a guide.

Again, I repeat, saying that firing the 30mm only is "gaming the game" makes no sense. The real plane had one trigger for mgs and one for the cannon, it is actually more "unrealistic" to fire both using the same trigger since there normally were no such trigger in the real plane.

95% of the time a WWII pilot used MG's to gauge convergence.   The same cannot be said in here, so again think as you wish.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 08:01:49 PM »
95% of the time a WWII pilot used MG's to gauge convergence.   The same cannot be said in here, so again think as you wish.   
¨
Hehe, I'd say 95% of the time pilots used MGs to shoot holes into the enemy weather it was a plane, locomotive, enemy soldier or a cow. :D And a lot less than 5% of the cases their were used for something else. :D One of these rarer cases would be Finnish pilots who hunted moose with Brewsters. :D I'm sure the moose thought they were gaiming the game too since they only fired as short burst as possible with the .30 cal and didn't fire the .50 cals at them at all to preserve the meat!  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 08:52:13 PM »
I still don't get it. They had separate controls too, what's gamey?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »
I use only my 30mm until im out of ammo then i use the MGs when im saddled up and pour it on until they go down. I too fly with tracers off.  :P
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC