Author Topic: deacking- anyone got the 1-2-3-4 on this?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: deacking- anyone got the 1-2-3-4 on this?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
Roll a B-25H.

The pumpkin chucker can knock out any fixed field gun before they can return fire. The ammo is HE so you don't even need to hit it square, just lob the shell in close. Fire, pull out, circle around, lather, rinse, repeat.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 08:25:04 AM »
Here are some pic's that might help. The first three are zoomed in. You can shoot from far out or close in. From a Steep angle to a level angle.

It's hard to judge exactly where I am shooting from by the pics. The pilots in the back ground can give you a slight idea though.

(Image removed from quote.)   (Image removed from quote.)

I've never seen the site with the diamond and 2 bars...I was looking for the link to the site download page and couldnt find it...did they move it?

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)[/img]

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)[/img]

Here's the film it was taken from. Remember to use pilot views.  Hope this helps all that are interested in using rockets to kill or destroy  ;) :salute   :cool:

http://download51.mediafire.com/zikmxddm1eeg/0wjejwndmwj/P51+ROCKET+TRAINER.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »
Humble,

I made about 15 brand new sights months ago and re-worked some others making dots larger and rings thicker. I only use a few of what i thought were the best like the two in the previous posts and a few others did not work properly. The diamond ones were kinda cool because you could see through them and fill it with an ack or part of a plane when level or diving.

I did have a download link to the sight pack  but the file factory does not hold onto them very long. AKSketch was going to add them into his sight pack but I'm not sure if he did or not. His sight pack links can be found in his sig.

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »
Big <S> to you Tool and all the other guys who help out with tips and advice :aok
Nice to know that there's folks here willing to help out rather than when your in the MA and folks keep all the info to themselves etc and then you get flamed for asking questions.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
Nice typhie rocket shot Tool :)
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »
take a 190f-8 with rockets and a wingman and make high speed diving attacks work from the outside in 

Can't emphasize enough how much easier it is when the ack's attention is split amongst multiple deackers at work at the same time.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »
I'd just like to point out that rocket aiming changes with planes/rocket types.  With the 190F-8 you need to aim high as pictured in Tool's posts.

I fly the F6F-5 and you need to put the pipper directly on the target.

As to GV's, at least with the F6F-5, salvo 3 rockets with the Pipper directly on the target.  Hit from the rear and you can cleanly kill a Panzer, Osti, Sherman or Wirble.  I can't remember if it works on the T-34 for sure but I think it does.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »
A8s sights sure helped me with my rocket work. Youv already gotten far better advice in this thread then I can give but I'll say this. We have some terrific targets in the TA now that can really hone your rocket skills. I try and get in a few times a week and run thru a few runs with rockets and find them very helpful. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
Roll a B-25H.

The pumpkin chucker can knock out any fixed field gun before they can return fire. The ammo is HE so you don't even need to hit it square, just lob the shell in close. Fire, pull out, circle around, lather, rinse, repeat.

Yep, best plane for anti-AA work.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »
Now if only we could get the external stores option.... Pumpkins AND HVARs. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »
well i will give you a copy of my answer from a previous thread on this same issue

Yes WHITEMAN i have found that one can H.O. ACK................
step one begin a steep dive from an altitude of 2500 to 3000 feet above intended target
step two switch to ground vis and toggle zoom as far forward as possible
step three looking for intended target align plain into appropriate attack angel to place cannon rounds just before target so that follow through will allow following rounds to strafe gun pit
step four at approximately 1000 feet above target depress trigger and allow a burst of approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of a second in length to be discharged from your cannons
step five see incoming ack tracer rounds pierce canopy
step six watch screen go black
step seven enjoy coffee laced with your personal choice of poison in the tower
step eight go to hanger pick new plane
step nine head out to the runway..............

i still stand behind my answer
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 12:00:35 PM »
Big <S> to you Tool and all the other guys who help out with tips and advice :aok
Nice to know that there's folks here willing to help out rather than when your in the MA and folks keep all the info to themselves etc and then you get flamed for asking questions.

This venue is really much better for getting answers to questions. The in-game text buffer is small, the effective bandwidth is not all that high, and you are depending on it as a critical source of information. Asking a question in that environment often seems like a distraction, especially when the question is something really simple. The limited text also makes replying to that question difficult and time consuming. So, my point is that it is the same set of folks both here and in the MA. Here, we have time to read questions and formulate responses. In the MA, we're usually trying to shoot something, blow something up, or just stay alive, so there just isn't free time to gracefully answer questions.