Author Topic: deacking- anyone got the 1-2-3-4 on this?  (Read 2077 times)

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
deacking- anyone got the 1-2-3-4 on this?
« on: October 20, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
Hey guys
Anyone got a good system for deacking? Even the small base tends to end in a towering experience for me.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated lol :)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Re: deacking- anyone got the 1-2-3-4 on this?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 10:43:56 AM »
Start at the edges and work your way in. Meaning, don't fly through the center of the field. Destroy edge acks along one side from long range, get out of range, work your way back in upon the other edge, never letting all guns fire at you at once.

Use a cannon bird with good ballistics and lots of ammo. Rugged helps too. Typhie is good, so is C Hog.

Don't be shy about firing from maximum range. Only 1 or 2 20 mm inside of the gun pit is going to destroy the gun. Start shooting at each pit at the farthest distance you think you can make the shot.

Don't bother with rockets until you get really good with them. Cannons are much easier to learn with.

Once you get comfortable with your aim, you can actually squeeze a burst at a gun pit from long range and, while the rounds are on their way to target, you can already begin to realign yourself to take your next shot. Again, those gun pits are destroyed pretty easily, so once you get a good burst that you're sure is going to hit, immediately start lining up your shot on the next target.

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:41 AM »
Approach them low and work the edges first. Egress the field as low as possible (50 to 100 feet) until at a safe range, then repeat.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
Grab the popcorn stay high and let someone else do it :D

Now that we've gotten the best answer out of the way...

1) cannon armed plane...period
2) work the outside 1st as mentioned
3) high speed at all times
4) relatively steep dive angle and a very flat low exit (and I mean under treetop alt low)
5) Two and out. Set up each pass for 2 acks max with a curving path
6) do not fly straight ever, gentle bend goes along way

If you need to do it faster flying a weave can work, I've taken out 4-5 acks in a single pass that way, then again I've been popped to the tower that way as well. I've deacked a large field by myself in a D-9 a few times using the above...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 12:06:39 PM »
Grab the popcorn stay high and let someone else do it :D

Now that we've gotten the best answer out of the way...

1) cannon armed plane...period
2) work the outside 1st as mentioned
3) high speed at all times
4) relatively steep dive angle and a very flat low exit (and I mean under treetop alt low)
5) Two and out. Set up each pass for 2 acks max with a curving path
6) do not fly straight ever, gentle bend goes along way

If you need to do it faster flying a weave can work, I've taken out 4-5 acks in a single pass that way, then again I've been popped to the tower that way as well. I've deacked a large field by myself in a D-9 a few times using the above...

Only thing I can add to this is: It is much easier/faster with a wingman, and you both have more ammo left afterwards...for the town of coarse.  :rofl

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
take a 190f-8 with rockets and a wingman and make high speed diving attacks work from the outside in 
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
yes but i ain't tellin'  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »
I like to use rockets on ack at least for the first few passes. With a little practice and one of the gunsights with rocket marks, you can actually hit ack before it starts to fire on you. It does take some practice, and I find it easier with a zoomed in view. Oh, the first rocket comes off the left rail and then they alternate right-left-right. At long range that makes a difference, although you do have a small kill zone with the rocket that will cover you if you can get the rocket close.

All the other comments about the order of working on the acks still applies. Although, if you have a group hitting an airfield all at once, it might be better to look for lines that let you hit as many acks as possible on a single pass. Take a look at the clipboard maps to find good directions like down the runway on a small field.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »
Fw 190-f4's do a great job on ack.

F4's, f6's and 38's also do a great job when loaded with rockets.

On a small field I come right down the center hitting the side of the runway that has the most ack first.
In a 190-f i'm usually good for 10 of them at a heavily defended base. If there was no one there i could get them all plus dar and ammo because I know how to use rockets. practice offline with them and you can do the same.

An F4 loaded with 8 rockets and 2 250lb bombs can do a lot of damage as well.

Here is a rar. pack of films that you can study to see how it's done. It's almost 5 megs.

I'll try to make another right now with narration so you can understand it better.

For larger fields I hit the outskirts first then work my way in as explained in the posts above.

For larger fields I like the typh and mossie for the cannon but any rocket carrying plane will do. The mossie believe it or not holds up well to ack, has 8 rockets, a couple bombs and great cannon. My record was 16 ack down and a couple ammo's at a Medium field in a mossie. Not tooting my own horn, just saying it can be done.

http://download133.mediafire.com/n2tx01jmnmsg/ew2m0jjij5k/rocket+films.rar

these are the sights i like to do the job

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 03:58:43 PM »
When doing this I usually take an F8, or Typh. Both with rockets.

I try to work the edges of the field first, usually the runways. When I take 3 down on each side I then grab 4 or 5 K of alt and buzz right down the center of the runway and hit all those ack that are in line with the bomber hanger (stand alone one). This leaves only a few more that are easy to get with your cannons (the F8 is good for this because it has 500 cannon rounds and a slow firing rate).
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, some really good tips and Insturction there! :)
Hey Tool, what aprt of those sight do you use for aiming the rockets? The small dot is what you line the ack on?
And I take it the manned ack is the ack that you get the "soft gun emplacement destroyed" message?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »

Hey Tool, what part of those sight do you use for aiming the rockets? The small dot is what you line the ack on?Depends on angle of attack and how far you are away from the target.  Since the rocket will loose elevation as it travels through the air you must be able to determin about where it will land. It's not like a lazer. From far out I will use the bottom of the sight and the closer i get the higher on the sight I will aim.  In General, use the dash for a 45 degree angle of attack. After awhile you won't need to even pay attention to the dash, you'll be firing on feel. 

And I take it the manned ack is the ack that you get the "soft gun emplacement destroyed" message?  YES

Here are some pic's that might help. The first three are zoomed in. You can shoot from far out or close in. From a Steep angle to a level angle.

It's hard to judge exactly where I am shooting from by the pics. The pilots in the back ground can give you a slight idea though.

[/img]

[/img]

Here's the film it was taken from. Remember to use pilot views.  Hope this helps all that are interested in using rockets to kill or destroy  ;) :salute   :cool:

http://download51.mediafire.com/zikmxddm1eeg/0wjejwndmwj/P51+ROCKET+TRAINER.ahf

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »
Here are some pic's that might help. The first three are zoomed in. You can shoot from far out or close in. From a Steep angle to a level angle.

It's hard to judge exactly where I am shooting from by the pics. The pilots in the back ground can give you a slight idea though.

(Image removed from quote.)   (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)[/img]

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)[/img]

Here's the film it was taken from. Remember to use pilot views.  Hope this helps all that are interested in using rockets to kill or destroy  ;) :salute   :cool:

http://download51.mediafire.com/zikmxddm1eeg/0wjejwndmwj/P51+ROCKET+TRAINER.ahf

I dont mean to Hijack, but A8tool, do you have any suggestions on hitting gvs with rockets?
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »
Lynx shoots 3 at a time with some success.  I shoot one and miss quite often even if i do use 3.

Many times when i do get a lucky shot on one it bounces off   :mad:

Worse yet, sometimes bombs bounce off Tanks too.  :furious:furious 

Using rockets on PT's, M3's, Jeeps, LVT's, M8's and SDK's are a different story. Put one right next to them and boom ...most of the time.

Rockets are great for CV groups as well.  Shoot rockets first then unload bombs.

post on rockets in this thread.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,218264.0.html