Author Topic: bomber perk points  (Read 954 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
bomber perk points
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »
I'd like to see something to spend buff perks on besides the 234. The bomber catagory is the only one where we have on other options to spend perks on. Surely someone can come up with a Allied option for bomber perks. There was talk at one time about perking ord. I liked the idea then and still thinks it's a good idea.
The grand slam bomb, bouncing betty, incendiary bombs......all worth spending perks on and would be historically correct. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
Re: bomber perk points
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:35:56 AM »
Perk formations!  You could still take off with a single bomber for free but if you add 1-2 to the formation you should pay for them.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »
Perk formations!  You could still take off with a single bomber for free but if you add 1-2 to the formation you should pay for them.
+1

You can also perk the new Il-2.  It may be that less than 50% of bbs users like this idea, but in my conversations in the arena it seems that good majority of the players do.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »

Do you even fly bombers?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 04:07:06 PM »
Well, that's not my quote, but I've flown bombers plenty in past tours, not so much this tour, and I am in favor of perking drones.  They warp, can't follow a simple turn but can follow through an immelman, etc.  They are abused.  It's time to make someone think twice before they go suicidal to lancstuka a cv with drones in tow.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »

Ya there is. for say a 234 is 100 perks (example). you take one 234 its 100 perks....u add formation its 300. duuhhhhh :rock

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

Do you even fly bombers?

Yep...use to be in a bomber squad!  Had 5k perks before I changed my name...and I wouldn't mind if formations are perked
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »
Ya there is. for say a 234 is 100 perks (example). you take one 234 its 100 perks....u add formation its 300. duuhhhhh :rock

And your point?
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

I would think he was referring to perking the formations of -All- bombers.  JU-88/B-24/B-26/Lanc/Boston, etc.

X
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 06:29:15 PM »
Yep...use to be in a bomber squad!  Had 5k perks before I changed my name...and I wouldn't mind if formations are perked

If they made the bombers a little more durable, I might tend to agree with you.

But as it is now, one pass from barely competent fighter will light that bomber up like the 4th of july.

With a small formation of bombers you will at least have a small chance of making it home.

Granted there are some guys who are surgeons with buff guns, but for the most part that is not the case.

I think its enough of a penalty to have to fly an extrodinary amount of time just to reach a "safe" altitude. (which makes bombing all the more difficult)

I say, leave the bombers the way they are.

If anything , I have to agree with some sort of perked ordinance.

It seems like any time someone has a complaint about a plane in here the answer is "perk it".

I think a little more thought should be put into the answer.

Bombastically yours,

Boner

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
My thinking on perking formations comes from my observation that bombers are misused in the game.  They come in at low alt, dive bomb and just general stupidness.  If they have something to loose then maybe they'll think twice about loosing the perks.  I think perked ords is a dumb idea because you know your going to loose the perks so why make sure you survive. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:36:34 PM by stroker71 »
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »
My thinking on perking formations comes from my observation that bombers are misused in the game.  They come in at low alt, dive bomb and just general stupidness.  If they have something to loose then maybe they'll think twice about loosing the perks.  

So we should perk planes etc. because of the bad behavior of the pilots who fly them?

Well then, lets start with the P-51

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
How many bomber perks do you have?  4k-6k? 

I another thread I also support formations of up to 5 planes.  With the option of how the formation...forms.  Also giving the option of how far away your drones are giving you max coverage or pin point drop.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »

So we should perk planes etc. because of the bad behavior of the pilots who fly them?

Well then, lets start with the P-51

:furious    
Lighten up Francis