Author Topic: Unbelievable..  (Read 2955 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unbelievable..
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss.  :salute

You mean gain?

HORRIDO   !!!!!!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
I was flying bish last night, I just de-tuned 200 and problem solved. country channel was much more game oriented.

200 is FUN......when you're flying buffs. it;s fun to "stir the pot" on climb out, or justr monitor it on cruise flight, till in enemy territory.

then if ya find just that onnnneeee person, that likes to make an arse outta themselves, be it from drinking, or just plain stupidity, just simple little remarks here and there keep em going, helping them embarrass themselves.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »
It wasn't Chan 200 that caused it. It was the Country Channel that had the most...of that..discussion. Trying to pick the words to use to refrain from a locked thread. But country chat on rooks last night was as i stated...Unbelievable.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
200 is FUN......when you're flying buffs. it;s fun to "stir the pot" on climb out, or justr monitor it on cruise flight, till in enemy territory.

then if ya find just that onnnneeee person, that likes to make an arse outta themselves, be it from drinking, or just plain stupidity, just simple little remarks here and there keep em going, helping them embarrass themselves.  :rofl

I can only sit and watch people make tulips of themselves for so long.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
Agreed...there was some craziness last night on rook country channel. A few of us repeatedly asked for people to leave the politics off the radios..but, in the end, it was generally best just to ignore, as those steps were largely met with a larger furvor of venom laced discourse.  I, for one, hope that this divisiveness, that is being taken to extremes on both sides of issues in this country (US) will fade away now that the election is over.  Whether or not you agree or disagree with the president elect on certain issues, we must all agree that we are Americans and that we ALL love this country.  Otherwise, we might as well ALL move out.

:salute

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »
We are not all Americans.(I am) but many folks from here are from other country's.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »
Unfortunate in the world, even worse in a game.

Welcome home my young friend.  

and... :rock
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 11:14:18 AM »
I can only sit and watch people make tulips of themselves for so long.

TRUE.....

but it IS fun though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »
It wasn't Chan 200 that caused it. It was the Country Channel that had the most...of that..discussion. Trying to pick the words to use to refrain from a locked thread. But country chat on rooks last night was as i stated...Unbelievable.

i wasn't on last night, but i'm guessing it was some bs pertaining to one of the recently banned topics here........

but as for people on country channel, i don;t see so much on knight country channel, but it's generally pretty much the same no matter what chess piece a fly for.
 it's gonna be good to have ya though sir.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:22 AM »
Agreed...there was some craziness last night on rook country channel. A few of us repeatedly asked for people to leave the politics off the radios..but, in the end, it was generally best just to ignore, as those steps were largely met with a larger furvor of venom laced discourse.  I, for one, hope that this divisiveness, that is being taken to extremes on both sides of issues in this country (US) will fade away now that the election is over.  Whether or not you agree or disagree with the president elect on certain issues, we must all agree that we are Americans and that we ALL love this country.  Otherwise, we might as well ALL move out.

well stated sir
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 11:21:55 AM »
We are not all Americans.(I am) but many folks from here are from other country's.

Correct  sir, and we are watching ............ :noid
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
For......................?

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »
I live in DC, work for an NGO, and literally half of my friends are currently working or have recently worked on one of the campaigns.  When I play AH, the last thing I want to hear is politics.

I tuned off 200 as soon as I logged on last night, as I knew it would be unbearable.  You can only squelch so quickly, after all.

It started coming up in knight country chat a couple times, but all three times (that I saw, anyway) people collectively instantly shut it down again.  ("keep it on 200, shut your pie hole, no one cares", etc etc)  That being said, I wasn't on later in the evening after results had been given, so I'm not sure.

In any case, if you are switching knights it will be good to have you Talon.

Druski

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs