Author Topic: Allow myself to introduce...myself  (Read 1200 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Allow myself to introduce...myself
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:10:38 AM »
Okay, so this whole Skytiger thing has made me do some self reflection about what some people in the community may think about me since I kind of just burst on to the scene out of nowhere, so I thought I'd formally introduce myself to anyone who doesn't know me already.  I've gotten quite a few PMs in the game asking me what my 'old CPID' was.  Well, the truth is, my old cpid was...drum roll...Grizz (For the most part) I started in Air Warrior 1 Korea with the CPID "DMig" and flew with the *Dragons*.  When Kesmai moved to Gamestorm, I followed to Air Warrior 3 and played in Korea as Grizz before starting to fly in Relaxed Realism Europe 1 as Grizz.(Not to be confused with another Grizz that flew in the Hammerheads in the Pacific Arena I believe, he may have even flown here a while ago I"m not sure)  I flew in a few squadrons in my long stay on Air Warrior.  The Snakes(With SNA and Snail as CO/XO), 4Wing Squadrons (With Manx and SHawk as CO/XO) and my own squadron Night Raiders that actually didn't last that long :)  Anyways, in the last four some odd years, I've been off and on Aces High as 'Grizz' for a few months at a time.  I play professional baseball in the minor leagues and with those demands there really is only a few months out of the year that I can actually fly which is why I disappear into the night time and time again.  Since I returned a couple months ago, this is the first time I've actually immersed myself into the Aces High community (i.e. lots of 200 chat, dueling fellow pilots, lots of vox communication, opening a BBS account) and I must say, it has been a real treat and honor to meet some of the fine people in this game.  Unfortunately, I have to be leaving again in two-three months and I will be gone for a while.  I just thought now would be a good time to say I appreciate the friendships I have made so far and hopefully I can get to know some more of you vets out there a little better in the next coming months and earn your respect. 

:salute Grizz
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:26:22 AM by grizz441 »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: All myself to introduce...myself
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 04:17:34 AM »
Cool Grizz, welcome  :salute   I think you'll find there are many, many, exAW around.  Both with familiar names, and also many wearing different names than they did in AW.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Allow myself to introduce...myself
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »
Damn, I can't remember what my CPID was in AW.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 06:05:54 AM »
Damn, I can't remember what my CPID was in AW.

ack-ack

ack crack?

jk :D

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 06:10:39 AM »
"Dick" maybe. :rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »
play professional baseball in the minor leagues and with those demands there really is only a few months out

didn't you introduce yourself as an engineer in one of the score modification threads?

yep...quote author=grizz441 link=topic=249900.msg3073676#msg3073676 date=1224200632]
Being an engineer and having a math oriented mind, I can't help but scratch my head about this inefficient and illogical scoring system that is used in the game.  Every player has their 2 cents about the system but I think we can
Grizz -=Most Wanted=-
[/quote]

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,249900.0.html
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:10:52 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »
I remember dmig well, we had some good tustles back in the day. Now am I confused, I recall Manx as being Lynx now. Whats funny is I dont recall Shawk from that time frame at all. But I might have been over here by then...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »
Another athlete, woot (Max, shut it!).

And yeah we did get off on the wrong foot lol.  When I see someone flying a perk ride in a mob at a base I usually assume the worst thinking it might be some tard I can rile up, so sorry for being a bit mouthy with ya, lol.  I don't apologize for the kills though hehe.

Heading to Florida or out West?  Actually don't answer that better not letting anyone know any details.  Imagine having storch for a fanboi stalker down there in South Flordia... eeek.

Shoot me a pm if ya like, we can set up some duelling time too.  I'll be in Flordia quite a bit this winter doing what I do, so who knows maybe we'll run into each other.

Oh, and AH is bad, baaaad for your playing career. 

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »
 :furious :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :aok

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:05:04 AM »
Give 'em hell Grizz!

I remember shooting you down a few times in my 109 of death in AW.  :salute
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »
welcome, iz you a man of wealth and taste?

I am a man of wealth and no taste.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »
didn't you introduce yourself as an engineer in one of the score modification threads?

yep...quote author=grizz441 link=topic=249900.msg3073676#msg3073676 date=1224200632]
Being an engineer and having a math oriented mind, I can't help but scratch my head about this inefficient and illogical scoring system that is used in the game.  Every player has their 2 cents about the system but I think we can
Grizz -=Most Wanted=-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,249900.0.html

I don't see any problem.  I'm sure he went to college.  Most colleges don't offer a Bachelor degree in minor league baseball.  I have an engineering degree also, but I am self employed as a Photographer.  I consider myself an engineer, even though I have never worked in the field that I studied (long story with a weird series of events).

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
Who are you playing ball for?

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »
Ok Max, I will say it....hey Stang, I thought you played golf  :lol

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member