Author Topic: SdKfz 251/22 PAK-40 Modification  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: SdKfz 251/22 PAK-40 Modification
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:30 AM »
This particular model should be able to carry one crate of vehicle supplies. Thereby increasing its hitting strenght.

And why "should it" ? There is no room anymore with that huge gun installed.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 02:08:59 AM »
And why "should it" ? There is no room anymore with that huge gun installed.

It normally carries 4 crates of vehicles supplies. There should be room for one crate with the gun. It's a good selling point.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 02:17:45 AM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »
That would be fun rolling around taking out tans in the SD.  :rock
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
I love it, it would give me another excuse for me to get into it, hey its quick and might be a good hanger camper
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
Reviving this one.

The sdkfz has no life. It is a true hanger queen. No one is going to pull it out over an M3. So, threw a artillery piece on it and one box of vehicle supplies simultaneously and let's call it an addition.

:aok
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
The SDK has no life only if you don't do the homework.. Find the firing spots and you can take out large targets from out of sight in 3 seconds flat, each.  With some teamwork you can shut down a small field in just 3 seconds.  5 SDKs all set in firing position with supplies out, or 3 SDKs with some maneuvering involved.  You'd have to know the firing positions and drive from the first to second (with 1 SDK free to backup any of the other 2 with .5 hangar's worth of ordnance), but even that's just a matter of seconds.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »
Reviving this one.

The sdkfz has no life. It is a true hanger queen. No one is going to pull it out over an M3. So, threw a artillery piece on it and one box of vehicle supplies simultaneously and let's call it an addition.

:aok

Watched a "squad" in EW take down HQ with sdkfz 251s and Lvts the other nite.

How much faster would this thing be than a Panzer if it had the gun in place?

If it was considerably faster, it would probably see alot more use than it does now.

Probably.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
I LIKE IT  :aok  

For expert tankers, it should be a perk farmin monster, due to its vulnerability and risky nature...
But with good mobility, and heavy firepower..   Shoot and scoot, would be alot of fun in this unit...

C'mon guys, its an ambush weapon, never designed to stand toe to toe with tanks...

IMO, The game is becoming very much like canned ham... Great stuff, but a steady diet of it
gets boring, ya know?   I'd like a little spice in my food...

Lets put a little ginger on it!!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline valdals2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »
i would like to see this as a option to the troops carrer and add a flak version. but i still want a scout vehicle with a gun capable of taking on tanks like the puma ior the version with the 75mm gun

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »
The SDK has no life only if you don't do the homework.. Find the firing spots and you can take out large targets from out of sight in 3 seconds flat, each.  With some teamwork you can shut down a small field in just 3 seconds.  5 SDKs all set in firing position with supplies out, or 3 SDKs with some maneuvering involved.  You'd have to know the firing positions and drive from the first to second (with 1 SDK free to backup any of the other 2 with .5 hangar's worth of ordnance), but even that's just a matter of seconds.

Moot,

I have completed that homework assignment last year. The sdk's rockets are quite devastating from 2 Km out. Most guys are not going to complete that assignment.

So, an artillery piece and a box of vehicle supplies gets this puppy some more time. I agree with RipChord. This is an ambush wagon, perk mobile...

Also it can be given the option of carrying three troops or a box of vehicle supplies. Now you can go in and capture a base strapped to the teeth.  :D

Cheers...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »
I would like the option! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 12:31:07 AM »
some m3s had 75mms on them too

Offline l0newolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
WANT WANT!!!   +10         :x

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
some m3s had 75mms on them too

but they weren't very powerful

+1 on this suggestion,I do a lot of ambushin when I'm in a gv,and the only perk-farmer now is the T34/76,it works pretty good,but it bounces around a lot and dosen't look as cool as an SDK :P

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 06:15:16 PM »
The 251/9 would be the better bet, imo.  Having a 75mm infantry gun to help take out towns similar in ways to the LVT4 would be nice.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.