Author Topic: Lucky and unlucky?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Lucky and unlucky?
« on: November 21, 2008, 11:45:32 PM »
I've finally learned my two lucky and unlucky planes....

My luckiest plane is the P38G... for some reason, I'm just destined to do good in that plane.

My unluckiest plane (and sadly a plane I love to fly) is the F6F... I seem to just get in the midst of the horde when I'm flying that plane :lol

What are your lucky/unlucky plane(s)?

:salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Re: Lucky and unlucky?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »
lucky plane....FM2,.....unlucky plane,....anything british.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
"If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all..."
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
I fly a pretty diverse plane set...38J, F4U's the most. My lucky plane would probably be the F4U1. I can outturn any plane and seem to survive the longest, sometimes making it home. My unlucky plane would be the P39...every time I fly it, I die in it, bar none.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:02:07 AM »
P-39 is a plane I can't fly worth a damn until I get the feel for it. If it's my first sortie of the day... I wont get a single kill, but if I've warmed up and flown it around a bit, I'll do good.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
My most lucky plane is the 234, but that falls into the category of "making my own luck". My unluckiest plane is easily the IL2. No matter what is happening, when I up one, the one nme that is being chased by 9 of my countrymen will get chased directly to a perfect cockpit shot on me.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
P38j <> P38j
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
In the Jug I seem invincible, in the 38... pilot wound before the gear is up.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »
I've finally learned my two lucky and unlucky planes....

My luckiest plane is the P38G... for some reason, I'm just destined to do good in that plane.

My unluckiest plane (and sadly a plane I love to fly) is the F6F... I seem to just get in the midst of the horde when I'm flying that plane :lol

What are your lucky/unlucky plane(s)?

1plus, no luck is involved.   All you need to do, is fly the Hellcat for a Tour.   Try and get in 60-80 sorties in it.    If you get the crap kicked out of you, roll it again.    If you land 10 victories, roll it again.   Practice, practice.    When you get pushed down in it, get back up and keep at it.   

There is no such thing called luck.   A man makes his own luck.     

I'm out of town until the 29th in Sacramento.   When I get back, I'd be more than happy to help you get better in it.   
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:09:07 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »
My lucky plane is my Ki84
Unlucky plane? Anything german.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
Beat me to it shuff, although I was going with 38L and 38L
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
My luckiest plane has to be a 109G-6, no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I always seem to get kills, no matter if I land them or not. Another think is, It dosn't matter what kind of disadvantage I'm at, I always seem to last as long as possible, before someone comes and helps me, and its not just planes that are the same as me, I'm fighting 2 picking ponies, or a spit and a Hurri, or maybe its even 3v1, I always seem to get out of there alive.
My unluckiest plane, has to be the Temp, I love the plane, I always get kills in it, but when it comes out to getting alive, I never land it, I remeber I had 13 kills in it and got HOed by one spit, that came outa no were. Or the one picker in the horde always comes after me when I just come out of a loop, its crap like that, that I never usually land the plane.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »
1plus, no luck is involved.   All you need to do, is fly the Hellcat for a Tour.   Try and get in 60-80 sorties in it.    If you get the crap kicked out of you, roll it again.    If you land 10 victories, roll it again.   Practice, practice.    When you get pushed down in it, get back up and keep at it.   

I'm out of town until the 29th in Sacramento.   When I get back, I'd be more than happy to help you get better in it.   
:pray Amen.

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »
Technically Karaya, no, the other person makes your luck. You have done what you could have done to make it the best possble situation, its up to the other guy or guys to make a mistake that you can advantage of. In agreeence with the other portion of it yes, I do agree that practice makes perfect. Why do you think I ask other people twice my skill to fight them? the simple fact that it makes you better. There are of course, some tricks on your own that you gain from, which will make you better.
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
Uhm i shoot stuff till i get shot down or land.

Luck? if no one shoots at me, unlucky? if i don't notice someone is before a wing rips off or i go -poof-.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."