Author Topic: Winning the Map  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: Winning the Map
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2008, 12:37:40 PM »
Race, your absolutely correct.  the only problem, is crybaby's..  if you allow bombing strat to in ANY way interfear with mindless furballing..  it wont happen,  in the past strat WAS more important, in fact lots of stuff was different, porking fuel at a base, lowered the max fuel there to 25%.. of course the furballers FLIPPED OUT.. and that was removed, now porking fuel means nothing,  BOMB CRATERS.. used to damage landing gear if you drove through them at speed, furballers got that removed as well..    All of these things interfere too much with the mindless ritual of taking off with autotakeoff, hitting utoclimb to 8k, then swirling to your death in the middle of a bunch of other people doing the exact same thing for the sake of doing it.

cmon, you cant expect people to actually be doing things.. for a reason.

:P

I agree, and have seen just this change swing towards the fuballing community. 
Look at what the complaint is now, "bombers" having too many guns, "lazer" accuracy, they have too many bombs, bombers are too accurate, etc. etc.  What it boils down too is they are not the easy fast kill they are looking for, they actually die for a change, and then complain.

I think it has alot to do with the ones that know how to Game the Game for score, and they dont want that to change because they will actually have to earn it.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2008, 06:53:30 PM »
There were some interesting posts, but I think two are worth reiterating.

GHI would like to have HQ kill as a percentage towards captureFabulous idea IMO.  HQ missions are sooo much fun, however they are currently pointless.  The GV base that supplies HQ is often uncapturable, and gains from a 50 minute mission will be erased in 5 minutes.

LYNX would like strat (city, factories) being bombed down to count towards capture.  Another fun idea.  This would add a strategic component to the game and make it more interesting. 

At any rate, the percentage need to be lowered so win the map is attainable.  Right now the (large) maps are stalemate maps.   It isn't as much fun for the capture crowd (me for one) because coordinated efforts are not yielding results.

This change isn't going to adversely affect those who just want to up and dogfight.  Frankly I don't see any reason not to.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:01 PM »

GHI would like to have HQ kill as a percentage towards captureFabulous idea IMO.  HQ missions are sooo much fun, however they are currently pointless.  The GV base that supplies HQ is often uncapturable, and gains from a 50 minute mission will be erased in 5 minutes.

LYNX would like strat (city, factories) being bombed down to count towards capture.  Another fun idea.  This would add a strategic component to the game and make it more interesting. 

At any rate, the percentage need to be lowered so win the map is attainable.  Right now the (large) maps are stalemate maps.   It isn't as much fun for the capture crowd (me for one) because coordinated efforts are not yielding results.

This change isn't going to adversely affect those who just want to up and dogfight.  Frankly I don't see any reason not to.

Handy thing with my little plot is that the HQ is often a Zone base on large terrains.  As you'll know not only is the HQ Berlin ack tower there but also a city  :aok

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008, 10:36:11 PM »

As long as it's a tangible resource that (1) one side wants to get at, and (2) the other side wants to protect from being bombed into oblivion makes for fun, sustainable fights.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Race

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »
As long as it's a tangible resource that (1) one side wants to get at, and (2) the other side wants to protect from being bombed into oblivion makes for fun, sustainable fights.

And argueably more realistic fights.......within a cartoon game anyway.

Race
Reputation is to be earned not given.