Author Topic: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!  (Read 4089 times)

Offline harry1

• Zinc Member
Re: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »
 I have not been able to fly for a while and just noticed this thread. After looking at the stats, I just cant believe it.
 This guy was brought into our squad a month or two ago. Far as Im concerned, he is out as soon as I can get with the XO.

Lamest thing I have ever seen.

Harry1

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
Yesterday I killed the same guy like 9 or 10 times. Everytime his named popped in the buffer I cringed because the witch hunters will think I have a shade. :lol I even offered to let him land 2 kills he had on another guy, but he chose to fly low through the ack which gave me that kill too. I finally went to fight the nits because this guy so predictable and easy to shoot down. :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
Yesterday I killed the same guy like 9 or 10 times. Everytime his named popped in the buffer I cringed because the witch hunters will think I have a shade. :lol I even offered to let him land 2 kills he had on another guy, but he chose to fly low through the ack which gave me that kill too. I finally went to fight the nits because this guy so predictable and easy to shoot down. :rofl

If I kill a guy a couple of times I back off  and do like you did uptown, move to another area.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »

I killed a guy 9 times in the MWA before the split one night.  I couldn't resist.  I had to use up all the ammo in my Spit IX before I rtb'd.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
You fail to see the point.  This isn't about score/rank or even farming perk points and has everything to do with retaining 'fair play' within the community.  If you can't understand that, there is no point in trying to explain it further.

ack-ack

BS!

Then why don't you complain about the kid that logs on and slams his "plane" into the hanger repeatedly and doesn't care about his SCORE? How does this effect you in ANY way other than the SCORE page? All this is a a whine about someone taking YOUR spot on the glorious scores page. End of story

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 01:04:05 AM »
Bucky, the players this is supposed to root out are the ones that put score above gameplay.  The timid ones that give you no good fight whatsoever.. I don't think AKAK or any of the scorepotato witch hunt instigators like (at random) Stang or Lusche are scorepotatoes or interested in the limelight themselves.
You can't deny that if HTC is promoting scores, that it will breed competition for it, and that it's for the better if we manage to strip the chaff off of that.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 04:33:23 AM »

BS!

Then why don't you complain about the kid that logs on and slams his "plane" into the hanger repeatedly and doesn't care about his SCORE? How does this effect you in ANY way other than the SCORE page? All this is a a whine about someone taking YOUR spot on the glorious scores page. End of story

Again, you fail to grasp the point.  I'm going to try to explain it one more time and hopefully this time the little light bulb will ding in your head.

One thing that helps foster a healthy and good community is the sense of fair play, especially in a PvP oriented game that offers rewards for being successful (perks and rank/score).  If an individual or group of individuals cross that line and it is not stopped and goes unchecked, whatever sense of fairness is gone and the community will die along with the game.  New players are not going to be attracted to a game where it is common amongst the players to basically cheat the system to artificially gain score/rank and perks rather than earning them like everyone else, through fair game play.  Veteran players will grow disgusted at how the community has gone to the crapper and leave as well.  Soon all that will be left are like air quake kiddies like biggamer and dextur vulching shade accounts.  Is that the type of game you want to see AH turn into or are you a Communist?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 06:39:56 AM »
It's not only about score...

When I get zapped by a 262 in my Goon or B-24 I actually prefer my opponent having to had (grammar?) worked hard to get those necessary perk points instead of just doing 20mins of shade or squaddy vulching in a lesser populated arena.
What reason has any kind of balancing planesets by assigning perk values to a few über-planes when players are just dodging the rules by shady doings?

And just because you don't care for score, it doesn't mean everybody does. And no, not everybody that does look at his score is an unskilled n00b promoting lame gameplay... You can play the score aspect of this game in very different ways.

Afte rall it's all about trying to keep the game fair and transparent for everyone, no matter what style you are playing.

I just don't want my favourite game be known for such things.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:45:53 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
having to have worked hard, I think.. (you asked)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 06:46:15 AM »
having to have worked hard, I think.. (you asked)

ah thank you :)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
 :rofl
Pretty far from communist here. I just don't have a problem grasping the fact that this is a GAME! Before you go throwing those ignorant comments out maybe you should think about what you are saying. Your calling me the COMMUNIST?!?!? WOW wtf? :rofl :rolleyes:

So, who made you the judge on what is and what isn't "Fair Play"? I can't feel sorry enough for those that have to strive for this "reward" and get all bent out of shape when someone plays "unfairly". I for one think having guys like this is a good thing. Because those new guys that come in will instantly see that the whole SCORE thing is a joke and they might be more inclined to just go out and...........are you ready for this..............

HAVE FUN! I know, I know. Hard to grasp that concept in a online GAME but try as you must. What is ruining this game is the whole SCORE concept. Too many people worried about their stupid score so they are timid and don't want any bad marks on their precious stat sheet.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
:rofl
Pretty far from communist here. I just don't have a problem grasping the fact that this is a GAME! Before you go throwing those ignorant comments out maybe you should think about what you are saying. Your calling me the COMMUNIST?!?!? WOW wtf? :rofl :rolleyes:

So, who made you the judge on what is and what isn't "Fair Play"? I can't feel sorry enough for those that have to strive for this "reward" and get all bent out of shape when someone plays "unfairly". I for one think having guys like this is a good thing. Because those new guys that come in will instantly see that the whole SCORE thing is a joke and they might be more inclined to just go out and...........are you ready for this..............

HAVE FUN! I know, I know. Hard to grasp that concept in a online GAME but try as you must. What is ruining this game is the whole SCORE concept. Too many people worried about their stupid score so they are timid and don't want any bad marks on their precious stat sheet.

Actually it now seems to be you that is way too much score fixated regarding this topic...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »
One thing that helps foster a healthy and good community is the sense of fair play, especially in a PvP oriented game that offers rewards for being successful (perks and rank/score).  If an individual or group of individuals cross that line and it is not stopped and goes unchecked, whatever sense of fairness is gone and the community will die along with the game. 

You have certainly firmed up my feelings on the matter.  It is a detriment to the community, the game, new players and old.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:23 AM »
Putting excessive score potatos into the limelight brings the score ranks closer to what they should be, not further.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 10:02:32 AM »
Think I've had an epihany here  :) I've often wondered why someone will do a quick spit s or whatever and get out of dodge asap if the inital merge doesn't go there way, Now I'm thinking that's the Score worshippers doing all they can to keep thier stats looking good.
Just given me more of an incentive to chase them down, even if it means me running out of gas over thier base or having to get them in their own ack that they hug so well.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c