Author Topic: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Re: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
You seem over occupied by score. Score means nothing in Ah because you can game the game. What does mean something in any game, job, agreement, family, or anything else is ethics. Someone vulching a shade is about as low as you can go. Next in line IMHO is the folks who try to defend them. I do not agree with the so called milkruns either. As far as factories go there is little reason to defend them and some will take advantage of that. Milkrunning, while it is looked down upon by most of us, is not a dishonest act.

Shuff, I don't agree with everything you say all the time but I consider you one of the "good players/guys", you would be one of those guys I would actually like to sit down and have a beer with someday. I do believe this post was made not to call out their "unfair play" but instead their "unfair" SCORE.  I mean really...what are these guys doing to directly effect the flamers other than score? 2 guys in a LARGE arena. Please tell me you don't really think it's about helping these kids with their "integrity".
 :salute
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:41:39 PM by Bucky73 »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
I think first off to help them.... calling them out on the carpet. How they handle themselves from there will tell if they can be improved upon or not.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 03:50:13 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »
I didn't have "integrity" as you put it back when I was a KID and playing Atari against my brothers. I do now, because I don't do this stupid stuff these kids are doing. I believe integrity is something you learn and earn not something that can be forced upon you by some stranger over the internet. These kids will learn. For now, let them do what kids do. :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
Nothing is being FORCED upon them...... they are being put in the spot light for what they are doing. Knowing that can happen in the future is likely to keep them a little more in line. You have to start somewhere. I see no issue with pointing them out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
I think first off to help them.... calling them out on the carpet. How they handle themselves from there will tell if they can be improved upon or not.

I see where your coming from I guess. But, I also know how kids are. :eek:

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »
My last post.....

My whole reason for posting on this subject wasn't the fact that they were "pointing them" out. It was that in my opinion-these "grown men" were crying about it because it was effecting them and it wasn't "fair" to THEM.  I truely believe they didn't post it to bring these kids "integrity" in question. If it was, what do kids usually do when you tell them "you can't do that"? ........

Exactly :D

:salute
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:02:13 PM by Bucky73 »

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
I caught my son stealing from a grocery once. I made him give it back and apologize to the manager. He was embarrassed and I doubt if he steals today. So I guess if I just "let him be a kid" then he would grow up to think stealing is okay.

BTW, how do you know they're kids????

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »
Most of what I see in these "post the posure" threads tends to be funny IMHO. It doesn't bother me as score goes. I play for the enjoyment of flying an aircraft , albeit a cartoon one, a select living few flew years ago. I am a WWII buff and a plane nut..... not the salted kind  :P . For those that work hard for score I can see where it would ruffle feathers. For me... I'm just concerned that it may lead to others doing the same lame thing. If that should happen this game could go in the dumpster quick. I see these posts as a way to curb those types from infecting the legions of new folks we have come in month to month.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2008, 04:32:17 PM »
Can we relight the torches now?
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
Can we relight the torches now?

Who'd ya have in mind? :lol
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
The "Hunt" may resume!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »
The "Hunt" may resume!

:rofl :rofl :rofl Thank Gawd!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »
The "Hunt" may resume!

So they "turned him into a newt" but "it got better"?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »
...these "grown men" were crying about it because it was effecting them and it wasn't "fair" to THEM.  I truely believe they didn't post it to bring these kids "integrity" in question. ...

The Cowboys From Hell squad were called out in a post like this at the end of last camp for the same behavior.  I spoke to one of them on-line last week and guess what.  He was a grown man, not a kid.

The Cowboys From Hell had their scores adjusted by Skuzzy, taking out all of their shade kills.

The month prior, Amsoil21 was called out in a thread like this and his scores were adjusted, taking out all of his shade kills.

It seems to me that HTC also want's to maintain the integrity of their game. 

I don't know about you but I don't really like to play games against cheaters and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this.  If you enjoy it, more power to you.  Have fun when it's only you and them left.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »
I caught my son stealing from a grocery once. I made him give it back and apologize to the manager. He was embarrassed and I doubt if he steals today. So I guess if I just "let him be a kid" then he would grow up to think stealing is okay.

BTW, how do you know they're kids????

So, your sure he would have kept stealing if you didn't make him give it back? These guys aren't stealing anything from anybody. Just score. I would hope my kid would know the difference between reality where it really effects someone and games where no matter what your rank is, in the end it pretty much means nothing. Those that believe gaming is real are the ones you read about in the news.  I see my kid play games on X-box and she drives her car into the wall for fun sometimes. Do, you think she will do it when she grows up if I don't stop her now?

Think not :aok

I don't know they are kids but you don't know they aren't. I just assumed most grown ups wouldn't act this way anymore. MOST :lol