Author Topic: FSX - whats coming?  (Read 5116 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
FSX - whats coming?
« on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
Must be a weather enhancement of some kind? Less then 20 hours to go...

http://www.hifisim.com/
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: FSX - whats coming?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »
NICE!

Ugg, I have lost count on how much I have spent on that game.. not counting the system upgrade for it.   :cry

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:49:26 PM »
That looks pretty slick - I think I'll end up getting that.

Chalenge, what are some reccomended add-on (freeware or payware) aircaft?  Do they have nicely modeled a CRJ-200/700?
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
I have the CaptSim C130 experence, its pretty deacent, though it has a bug where the fuel tanks dont work right, so you only get 1/2 the range.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »
I have Active Sky6 for FS2004. I must say, it works VERY well and enhances the weather experience A LOT.

Chalenge, what are some reccomended add-on (freeware or payware) aircaft?  Do they have nicely modeled a CRJ-200/700?
Yeah, you didn't ask me. Here are some I recommend:

www.precisionmanuals.com (Their 747 and MD-11 for FSX is exceptional)
www.leveldsim.com (Amazingly realistic 767)
www.wilcopub.com (Great Airbuses for FS2004 and FSX alike)
www.captainsim.com (Great 757. Probably a few other things on there you might enjoy)
www.flight1.com (Some more good planes, great scenery, and great texture enhancement programs)
www.flytampa.org (BRILLIANT Add-On Scenery)
www.aerosoft.com (More amazing scenery, my favorite add on is AES (Airport Enhancement Services) Yup, it makes your gates operate!)

For the freeware. Here's two sites I know of:

www.avsim.com
www.surclaro.com (Great forum, helps out a lot in finding add-ons, installing them, debugging them, and removing them)

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:14:10 AM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
Free A/C, good quality:
http://www.projectopensky.com/

Multiplayer ATC:
www.vatsim.net <- greatly enhances the experience

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 11:58:19 AM »
just keep in mind if your running it with DX10 preview, VERY few (and I dont think any free) addon AC will support it, they will show up as solid white and wont have cockpits.

Offline Cobra516

• Copper Member
      • Virtual Thunderbirds
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 06:19:50 PM »
Denholm, Indy, thanks for the links guys!   I may have to give VATSIM a try, heard it's good stuff.
just keep in mind if your running it with DX10 preview, VERY few (and I dont think any free) addon AC will support it, they will show up as solid white and wont have cockpits.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, I run in DX10 in Vista 64 with excellent performance.  Even with this monster PC it takes a substantial performance hit when not running in DX10. 
Slipping the surly bonds.

"Ray" #3 Right Wing
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »
Denholm, Indy, thanks for the links guys!   I may have to give VATSIM a try, heard it's good stuff.Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of, I run in DX10 in Vista 64 with excellent performance.  Even with this monster PC it takes a substantial performance hit when not running in DX10. 

EXACTLY, dispite what the vista haters say, FSX runs far better in vista than XP thanks to DX10.. 

I think my fave is landing the big jets in crappy weather, in south america and alaska..

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »
I have Active Sky6 for FS2004. I must say, it works VERY well and enhances the weather experience A LOT.
Yeah, you didn't ask me. Here are some I recommend:

www.precisionmanuals.com (Their 747 and MD-11 for FSX is exceptional)
www.leveldsim.com (Amazingly realistic 767)
www.wilcopub.com (Great Airbuses for FS2004 and FSX alike)
www.captainsim.com (Great 757. Probably a few other things on there you might enjoy)
www.flight1.com (Some more good planes, great scenery, and great texture enhancement programs)
www.flytampa.org (BRILLIANT Add-On Scenery)
www.aerosoft.com (More amazing scenery, my favorite add on is AES (Airport Enhancement Services) Yup, it makes your gates operate!)

For the freeware. Here's two sites I know of:

www.avsim.com
www.surclaro.com (Great forum, helps out a lot in finding add-ons, installing them, debugging them, and removing them)

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. ;)
If you have FS2004 and wane to make it look like FSX I suggest getting with Denholm here, my FS has never looked prettier. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »

So far I haved limited my addons to eye-candy and fighters. I did gather a large collection of freeware cargo planes (everything I could find at the popular FS sites) and I will be buying the A2ASims 377 as soon as they update the P-51 with their accusim touch-up. I have considered buying a modern day airliner but I havent looked into them much (yet).

I highly recommend HiFi Sims stuff (I have ActiveSkyX and GraphicsX) and also FSGenesisX and FSceneX and UltimateTerrainX. My two favorite airplanes (payware) are the A2A Simulations P-51D (awaiting refit with Accusim) and the Aerosoft F-16 (still being updated). Freeware I have to go with WorldOfAI for their Airliner AI (in that same area HTs CessnaAI package is a good payware). I have patrolled the freeware sites until I have WOAI airliners and the HTCessnaAI and default GA all flying together and with A2A Simulations 3D Lights Redux this really adds to immersion into the sim. I have ProFlightEmulator (and Deluxe) but since I havent done airliners yet I havent used it.

I would look at the AVSim reviews for airliners as a starting place. I havent been steered wrong yet on that site.

'Cargo Pilot' is probably the best addon I purchased and it makes FSX a blast!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:24:39 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »
NICE!

Ugg, I have lost count on how much I have spent on that game.. not counting the system upgrade for it.   :cry

Me too but this addon (HiFi Sims Active Sky X) really makes things feel more real. I especially like the way it can create facsimiles of hurricanes during the season plus it stores data so you can change the date of your free flight to the date of a hurricane and then fly storm tracker.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »
EXACTLY, dispite what the vista haters say, FSX runs far better in vista than XP thanks to DX10.. 

I think my fave is landing the big jets in crappy weather, in south america and alaska..
Vista runs FSX fine because... 1. It's from Microsoft. Microsoft won't snoop its own software. 2. Vista has better memory management. 3. FSX was built with the goals to run with Vista and DX10.

The reason a lot of techies dislike Vista is because of its snooping, junk processes, junk security procedures (which in some cases prevents you from accessing your files or erasing them), and then the Big Brother aspect of the OS where Microsoft is now building in a sense to take away control from the user.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »
I wasn't going to say anything but DX10 isnt something I would use to sell Vista or FSX. I dont even use DX10 unless Im flying off of water on a mission. DX10 messes with a lot of addons especially those brought up from FS9. I just read on an addon site that Microsoft doesnt even support DX10 in use with aftermarket products. I dont know that is true but if so that says a lot.

DX10 can be amazing in some situations but not a big sale item.