Author Topic: Time for a new Furball Arena  (Read 4946 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: Time for a new Furball Arena
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
1. Get rid of the furballing area, put that in it's own arena.
2. Make the Duel Arena solely for Dueling.
3. Get rid of perk rides in the Furball part.

Problem solved.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »
1. Get rid of the furballing area, put that in it's own arena.
2. Make the Duel Arena solely for Dueling.
3. Get rid of perk rides in the Furball part.

Problem solved.

I don't agree with removing the normally perked planes from the furball area at all.  The 'tards in TAS while just use another plane to continue their mass 'tard like flying habits or they will fly in from one of 'dueling' fields and engage in their 'tard behavior. 

Honestly, this plea for a new arena from the 'tards in TAS strikes me as very funny.  Lately, they've been getting thumped by some that have taken it upon themselves to curb this 'tard behavior, so naturally they are going to want to seek out a new place where they can frolick and dance merrily in their perk planes at 20k and delude themselves that they any sort of skill.

Squadrons like TAS can't survive in the MA arenas, they just become cannon fodder for even the most inexperienced player.  An example was the time that TAS started to fly regularly in the MW arena and all that resulted was they accounted for some of really high kill sorties for other players.  I think after a tour of getting their arses handed back to them in the MW, they left and went back to the DA where they could practice their 'tard tactics with relative safety.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »
edit :O
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:17:16 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »
Honestly, this plea for a new arena from the 'tards in TAS strikes me as very funny.  Lately, they've been getting thumped by some that have taken it upon themselves to curb this 'tard behavior, so naturally they are going to want to seek out a new place where they can frolick and dance merrily in their perk planes at 20k and delude themselves that they any sort of skill.

Squadrons like TAS can't survive in the MA arenas, they just become cannon fodder for even the most inexperienced player.  An example was the time that TAS started to fly regularly in the MW arena and all that resulted was they accounted for some of really high kill sorties for other players.  I think after a tour of getting their arses handed back to them in the MW, they left and went back to the DA where they could practice their 'tard tactics with relative safety.

ack-ack
[/quote]

I rest my case for flaming...someone who doesn't know what they are talking about can jump to any conclusion they want without any basis in fact.  I would submit that the reason there are 60-90 pilots in the DA each evening and only 25 in the MW is that they are looking for a good fight without flying 10 minutes to find themselves ganged on by the enemy (oh my, no one ever mentions that the same things happen in the MAs as in the DA).  Some of us don't want to do bombers and tanks or take bases or win wars or have a high points ranking.  Believe it or not, we just want to fly and kill or be killed without any self-righteous artificially imposed rules that never existed in the real world of air combat.  Having scores has nothing to do with ranking or who is the best, hits % helps me to know how I'm doing with gunnery, other stats help me know if I'm improving in a particular plane (Spit 16 lately).  Landing a kill proves that you can engage the enemy, score victories and return alive.  What's wrong with that?  I don't even care if perk planes fly in here...it just helps me with my SA.  So, stop flaming when you have no clue.  If you don't like life in the Furball area of the DA, please stay away.  No one will miss you.  If you want to blame anyone for the percieved problems of the Furball area of the DA, then take it up with HTC.  THEY are the ones who took away H2H where most of us would prefer to be.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
I rest my case for flaming...someone who doesn't know what they are talking about can jump to any conclusion they want without any basis in fact.  I would submit that the reason there are 60-90 pilots in the DA each evening and only 25 in the MW is that they are looking for a good fight without flying 10 minutes to find themselves ganged on by the enemy

Instead, one only has to fly 1 to 5 minutes to find themselves ganged???   :lol

(oh my, no one ever mentions that the same things happen in the MAs as in the DA).

That may be because it is expected in any open format arena (e.g. the MAs).  In a purpose built arena...not so much. 

Some of us don't want to do bombers and tanks or take bases or win wars or have a high points ranking.  Believe it or not, we just want to fly and kill or be killed

I fit into that category most of the time, and that's why I do most of my killing in the MAs. 

without any self-righteous artificially imposed rules that never existed in the real world of air combat. 

Like for instance dueling rules?  Gee, looking at the arena list I wonder which arena something like that *should* be found in????  :huh

Having scores has nothing to do with ranking or who is the best, hits % helps me to know how I'm doing with gunnery, other stats help me know if I'm improving in a particular plane (Spit 16 lately).

No objections here on periodic score resets. 

Landing a kill proves that you can engage the enemy, score victories and return alive.  What's wrong with that? 
Pardon those who have been already here for 5-10 years without you having already establishing etiquette before you came along.

I don't even care if perk planes fly in here...it just helps me with my SA.  So, stop flaming when you have no clue. 

Not to beat the point into the ground, but I see registration dates of 2001-2003 of repliers, and they are the ones without a clue???  :confused:

If you don't like life in the Furball area of the DA, please stay away.  No one will miss you.  If you want to blame anyone for the percieved problems of the Furball area of the DA, then take it up with HTC.  THEY are the ones who took away H2H where most of us would prefer to be.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 11:34:39 PM »
If you want to blame anyone for the percieved problems of the Furball area of the DA, then take it up with HTC.  THEY are the ones who took away H2H where most of us would prefer to be.

So, instead of allowing people to have decent fights in the Furball area of the DA, you are going to be a ignorant 'Richard Cranium' because H2H was removed?

Have some respect for other people and people will reciprocate.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 05:38:49 AM »
So, instead of allowing people to have decent fights in the Furball area of the DA, you are going to be a ignorant 'Richard Cranium' because H2H was removed?

Have some respect for other people and people will reciprocate.

Sorry, but there are no "decent" fights in any furball in any arena in AH.  The DA has ample locations at varying altitudes for 1v1, 2v1, 2v2 or whatever you set up to take place without interference with any rules you want.   The Furballing area is an open area where there can be a free-for-all with any plane against any plane with no rules.  Last night there were over 90 ppl in the DA.  Several were off at dueling fields doing squad ops or whatever they wanted in the privacy of their own field.  The furball area was crazy with about 40-50 ppl over the lake at any given time and, believe me, there were no "rules" or "respect" (as you might define it) being used except to survive any way you could.  IMHO it should not be located in the DA since it is not actually dueling in the traditional sense.  If a 1v1 developes in the furball area, it is just the beginning of a furball...not a private duel in a dueling area.  If you want rules of engagement...take it to the dueling fields.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »
There were once rules, in fact the MOTD used to come up when you logged explainging the rules.  There may not be any "decent fights" in any arena but as others have said, there was a time when you had to ask to engage.

I wouldn't mind a furball arena at all, but your perception of the DA is wrong, there was a time when people met at the centre of the furball lake and 1v1's occured.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
I don't agree with removing the normally perked planes from the furball area at all.  The 'tards in TAS while just use another plane to continue their mass 'tard like flying habits or they will fly in from one of 'dueling' fields and engage in their 'tard behavior. 

ack-ack

I know the TAS is known for hording, but a lot of them are good sticks. Some of the best fights I've ever had are with Spacy, CRZYHORS, and a few others from the DA. I'm 100% certain that spacy could hold his own in the LW or MW Arenas, as he flies the A6M5 mostly...
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 09:02:58 AM »
I know the TAS is known for hording, but a lot of them are good sticks. Some of the best fights I've ever had are with Spacy, CRZYHORS, and a few others from the DA. I'm 100% certain that spacy could hold his own in the LW or MW Arenas, as he flies the A6M5 mostly...

Spacy and his merry men need the closeness of the bases. One gets killed, up dive back in. Under ma conditions they'd not do so well.

Not a poke at Spacy or his squad, just as I see it.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »
I was in the DA pond a week ago to practice gunnery just before FSO, and I'm pleasantly surprised to say that there were fewer Tempests and C-Hogs than normal. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »
I have had my best fights in the DA.

i like the idea of reseting scores but I hate the idea of taking the Furball Arena out of the DA, the only people who are defnding this are the people who I see in the DA all the time and some of the people critisizing the idea aren't even in the DA half the time. i have had great 1v1s in the Furball arena. I just want a good fight so i have been spending most of my time there and have had a lot of fun
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 10:17:30 AM »
i read most of the posts and yet i am completely lost ? :huh
 so some want to move the lake out of the DA?
 why ? it doesn't effect the other parts of the DA!
if two players want to go head to head they can move to another Field,without leaving the arena!
 i used to go to the DA before there was a lake, it was very hard to find anyone to fight, so the arena sat dead most of the time,
 now there are plenty of players there to shoot at, just call someone out, go to one of the other Fields and rock and roll,
 my squad goes there at least once a week, to work on ACM, and no one bothers us,
if they do, we just ask them to go back to the lake,
usually because we are doing squad ops, they always say OK and thanks or sorry,
 sometimes while i am waiting on the rest of my buds i fly out over the lake and do a little hunting!
i don,t see any difference, in what they do there and what happens in the MA except that all three sides are fighting!
the pickers come and pick, the turners are turn fighting hard, and someone is always on 200 whining about something!

I guess i miss the 262's tho, i really think they were just the top of the food chain,
 when you got rid of them you just made the Tiffi's top dog,
once there gone then what? the ponies, the hogs?spits
then the p-38?
soon we will be fighting hot air balloons, and someone will be on 200 whining,"HO TARD"or "PICKER GO HOME"

find your fun, :D       leave others too theres,  :noid       go out and multiply, :aok       be fruitfull and happy :angel:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
DA is fine just remove the external(arcade)view
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member