Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 5202 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
I thought the premiere was awesome.  I'm not sure why sci fi and BSG tried to hype up "the final one" so much.  Sci fi would always run commercials about it and the BSG intro "one will be revealed" tried to make it into something extravagant.  And it wasn't even a main character!  They shouldn't have done that in retrospect, seems it was just a marketing ploy to attract new viewers.  But anyways, I don't mind that Ellen is the final one.  I just want to watch and absorb it and I'm sure it will all make sense and end in epic fashion.

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
Been watchin it since the mini-series as well as the original when I was a kid.

Keep in mind, Ellen specifically said everything was in place for them to be "reborn" not resurrected. Why only those 5? Or are there more somewhere else?
Also something that is yet to come out.....there are (at least 2) cylon/human hybrid children whose significance is yet to be revealed. That is other than them being the first "known" hybrids.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2009, 04:25:01 PM »
I am DVR'ing the whole series and will watch it as I can. I am one of those who finds it hard to be home when the show comes on.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2009, 09:22:23 AM »
Incidentally a resurrection ship happened to be close by when she died at new caprica and somehow her resurrection went by unnoticed. Well, that didn't sound convincing. Sure there must been the ship around because there were Cylons around, but I'm sure they would notice a stranger walking about the corridors. Besides, are they capable of resurrection like the Cylons?

Not were they just capable of resurrection, but they are the creators of resurrection. It sure didn't go unnoticed either.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
It's really getting intereting, now the Galactica herself is a intrigal plot point, will she fall apart at the next jump ue to shoddy workmanship? will adama allow galen to employ cylon technology to save the old gal?

Watch em all end up on the baseship getting their collected freak on. seems to be a underlying theme throughout the whole series....getting your human/cylon freak on!  :huh
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
will adama allow galen to employ cylon technology to save the old gal?

At the end of 'no exit' Adama told the chief to do what ever it takes.  I assume that meant using the cylon bio stuff...

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2009, 08:04:47 PM »
At the end of 'no exit' Adama told the chief to do what ever it takes.  I assume that meant using the cylon bio stuff...

Yeah that's what it meant for sure.  It's getting very good...

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:26 PM »
Admiral Adama has been popping pills the last few episodes and appears to be in pain and worn out.  It seems the ship is reflecting this.. or vice versa.. Adama's fate = Galactica's fate.

If the Galactica gets a face lift with cylon technology, then maybe Adama will become a cyborg? ;)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
Each Cylon model has been designed for a purpose and the final five are the designers with Ellen as the lead or 'Mother.' I dont see how Starbuck fits into it all unless even the Colonials are clones with programmed memories. Then the Galactica could be a lot older then any of the crew know.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:26:28 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2009, 12:34:57 AM »
Am I finding a pattern that all the old time lovers of BSG original hate the new version?  I first watched the new version and went back on hulu and watched the original.  Although the idea was interesting in the late 70's, it is no where near the same show as the current version.  And I think old time lovers wanting the same stuff regurgitated with 21st century computer animation should form a line over there and get ready for the next nostalgia remake movie that Hollywood puts out.

Picard vs Kirk anyone?

And...get off my lawn.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »
And...get off my lawn.

Ha! I remember the original was a great Sunday night pizza break but it was corny even then. The new one is much more interesting and more faithful to human nature. I cant wait to see how John is punished or if he is.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2009, 01:37:48 AM »
Do realize that there is a little girl that keeps appearing in several key episodes..in different roles.

the girl president roslyn talks to when the civilian fleet gathers together...and later dies when the cylons attack and her ship could not jump.

...then she appears again on one of the civilian ships during the riots.

...she was in new caprica in the makeshift school

...then she appears on Adama's flashback of the first cylon war when he discovered the freak hooked up to the tubing..the girl was with an adult caught behind a door he could not open to rescue them

amongst others.

who knows..maybe she's just a kid they use as an extra a lot.. but then again.. why do they keep showing her face in closeups and interacting in some way with the main characters?

food for thought.

Offline derelict

• Copper Member
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
And why......WHY would they even consider using PC as a brain surgeon?  I mean come on....Mac I could see, but PC   :O

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2009, 07:05:32 AM »
And why......WHY would they even consider using PC as a brain surgeon?  I mean come on....Mac I could see, but PC   :O

:rofl
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »

I didn't recognize him during the show and thought he did a great job...  Some of the looks Starbuck gave him as he was talking about Anders condition was priceless....

:)