Author Topic: Logged in...Logged out...  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Logged in...Logged out...
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
Classic symptoms of an addiction that no longer delivers the same high that it did at first.  That's what happens when you play too much.  For some people you might have to take a few days off, for others a few weeks, and for others much longer.  Then the dopamine released in your brain will feel good again. :D

I will admit that I was looking forward to CT.  To me, arena air combat is a hamster wheel, and how many revolutions can you do before you feel like a hamster? ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:38 AM »
Just like late last night in MW, yes it has been infected too, the win the war types were bragging about taking bases. Mind you there were only about 40 people on and their team had about 18 players. Their method..... kamakazee into base porking all and then up a bunch of M3s and flood them out in the woods. Letting them all run to maproom.

Just no skill in that. They wont even fight, just dive in and die.

My opinion is that CT would have been a breath of fresh air. If you died you would have had to start from scratch with training and all.

Catch 22
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
I wasn't around waaay back but I've been around since about '04. I know some of you have been around alot longer. Alot of these "newbs" just don't understand how much fun it used to be. Guys playing just to have fun and not play for some stupid score that means absolutely diddly. I guess that what we get for HTC putting a commercial on Nik at night. :rolleyes:

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
I started AW in the fall of 95, and taking the breaks aside I still find that theres things that I don't know and new ways to have fun if I want to find the fun.  Lately Ive been flying solo just looking for a fight but the last few times on Ive been joining missions, Wasp3 <S> I think it was did a few yesterday, it was a blast take a base, defend, then take the next one.  Maybe next week It'll try a new plane.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Its happening a lot more often, and not just to me. With overall subscriptions off by at least 10% and a lot of people on the fence I hope the powers that be will take a good hard look at tweaking what they can. An awful lot of good players are on there last leg with things....

Logged in last night for the first time in probably 2 months and flew one sortie.

First impression: Its amazing how quickly you get rusty.

Second impression: I was just rammed...?

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
Where at in the great Commonwealth Saur?
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
I have, unfortunately, been finding my flight sim fix in many other flight sims.  Got BlackShark a few weeks ago and already have been taking that bad boy up online a few times.

Falcon 4 is starting to eat up all my flight simming time as well.

I love Aces High because it has taught me to be a better all-around ACM guru more than any other flight sim I've ever played.  But, the hamster wheel of it all has gotten old.  I like to fly for a goal.  Yes, furballing is fun, but I really do enjoy more depth.

I dunno.  I keep wanting to log on, burn all my fighter perks, and then quit.  But I can't even be bothered to log on to burn perks. 

I'm not sure why I still have a subscription.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
Gloom and Doom. I think it just gets old. Maybe this should be posted in the epic fail thread.

Yep.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
There are many small things that HT could fix while some of the larger ones they seem to be stumped or bogged down on.

The wish list has many valid requests that have gone on for years without being answered while unsolicited improvements are being added.

All in all it's a great game and I enjoy it very much but some things do call for more attn. than others. Giving us some of the little things that have been requested over the years would definitely be appreciated instead of having us feel that HTC really don't care. 

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
Just out of curiosity how would you know its off by 10%, I'm sure HTC has the realtime data and has watched the peaks and valleys come and go.

We will not be given that information. They know what's going on, do not feel like you're in the Dark... Just imagine this game without all the cool things from previous patches, or this Forum we browse daily... HTC is doing a fine Job, let them enjoy their Holiday Break - Good things are in the making  :aok

BTW- If you're bored in the MAs, try Flying some Special Events. We offer plenty of new things to keep you having a blast. Air Racing is every Tuesday Night, 10PM est. Come and see why I've continued to play this great game... http://ahevents.org/ahear-related/ahear-league.html

:salute

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
I have but one sentance for all the negative posters:

Quit complaining or one day they will give you something to complain about, IE: no game.

:uhoh
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
I have but one sentance for all the negative posters:

Quit complaining or one day they will give you something to complain about, IE: no game.

:uhoh

i have not seen you in a long time. how you been bro
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 01:32:24 PM »
fine thanks killz, I'm around couple of times a week either on 171 nits or in the DA. Hope you (and everyone) had a good holiday, and more so i hope we see another fine year of air combat simulation provided for us by those crazy texas folk.  :pray
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »
Its happening a lot more often, and not just to me. With overall subscriptions off by at least 10% and a lot of people on the fence I hope the powers that be will take a good hard look at tweaking what they can. An awful lot of good players are on there last leg with things....

I can empathise with this as I to am finding myself logging off.  I say this as a long time subscriber (2002) and as a strat player.  Interested to know where you get the 10% figure.....insider trading?

Being a strat player I'm not seeking the holy grail of the elusive one v one.  By stating that I hope to emphasize in general and not the usuale furballers whine.  I see the MA for the multi contact situations that it's ALWAYS been.  So having said that, one has to remember things work in cycles in AH.  Team size / dominance, style of play, types of planes used, squads of notoriety, mission leaders and folk actually do come and go.  These all cycle through with some aspects lasting longer than others.  Rooks presently, as an example, are in a transition stage.  Sadly a dumbing down on a strategic level and to some extent skill.

I find myself logging off mostly due to lack of challenges with some reasons being attributed to game play / style.  Being a vet player some of the challenges are no longer a thrill.  Some of the challenges were made pointless.  Some of the challenges are a chore and quite frankly someone elses bloody turn  :lol.   

Peak time hoards are becoming irksome now.  One skilless wave of suiciders followed by another.  One bunch here another there and a lack of defenders.  Yer... mission goers love it and it's arguable a good training exercise but alas I have been purged of such thoughts and tactics many years ago.  Disappointingly players of long standing still doing the "Nintendo".   Bomb an bail, pork and auger, suicide runs, Lancstukas of towns, Cv's and the poor old Gv players.  As for players that bail rather than fight .....ffs.

I hope not to be reduced to a whiny vet player.  To used to it all and remembering the good ol days.  I could sit here retyping ideas about game play, ways to tweak this an that and the score but to what avail.  This after all is someone elses business.  Their prolly more concerned about the look of the dated graphics.  They have to attract new subscribers to replace the old in the next decade. 

With there being only seven days in the week and HTC's limited resources we'll have to wait our turn for updated strat system and tweaks on scoring, ack etc.  Remembering they can't code out stupidity unfortunately.

As for me and my rented space I think I'll be watching a little more TV untill this cycle settles down though. :aok

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 01:58:56 PM »
Still can't figure out what the "problems" are that some people have with the game.

Maybe its just burn out. Granted things happen... Collisions, rams, HO's, etc. But I'm sure its always been part of AH and I'm sure it always will be.

It just may seem to happen more often as I'm sure there are way more people playing nowadays compared to "the old days".

If your not happy with AH, take a break from it and come back. If you still don't like it then don't play.
Seems like a simple solution.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>