Author Topic: I hate my area  (Read 1329 times)

Offline SKYGUNS

• Nickel Member
I hate my area
« on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:25 AM »
To much drama were i live,

two streets up teens are arrested for trying to start a car fire.
one street down our my mothers friend is arrested for slapping her husband for dirty dancing with another woman on new years and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. across the main road a neighbors car blew up (not purposely). just 1 or two days ago a lady riding her bike was hit by a car and is, i hate to say it but was most likely dead on arrival.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:13:42 AM by SKYGUNS »

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: I hate my area
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:27:24 AM »
When the time comes, go to college..... far away.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:37:24 AM »
I know that feeling... Marion County Or. seems to be the bomb capitol of the U.S. ;)

Last summer we had pipe bombs placed at a Roths grocery store, an ARCO gas station (that coulda ended badly...), and under the guys wife's car... then a big ball bomb outbreak...

Then just this month we had a Bank of America bombed killing a State Trooper, and a City cop (Cpt. I think?) and wounding the cheif who's still in critical condition. Then on Christmas Eve, my bio-mom (managment office at the major mall here in town) got a call saying there was a bomb by exit 4, bomb squad was called in, ruled it a deffinite explosive device, got their little robot in, and water blasted it where there was a defening explosion...

Very, very ugly around here as of late...

Hope your drama clears up right quick though sir, stay safe, and best of luck. :salute
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:50:22 AM »
Come to Iowa. Nothing happens here most of the time. :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:18:30 AM »
Either scenerio sounds like a typical day in Philly, without the gunshots of course         :)

Not to mention a typical night       :noid

Go Eagles  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 05:11:47 AM »
Where do you live? Beirut? :huh

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 05:17:34 AM »
Where I live, it's friendly. Everyone is "everyone's friend" from what we like to call it. :rock

Shoot, even our meanest cops won't get ya for breaking the law unless you're like doing drugs or seriously speeding. BUT, when they do get ya, you're going away for a long time in Williamson County Texas....
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 07:21:35 AM »
Where do you live? Beirut? :huh

Not anymore, but it was close enough......

Kensington.  About a block from the K & A.    :noid

Where I live, it's friendly. Everyone is "everyone's friend" from what we like to call it. :rock

Shoot, even our meanest cops won't get ya for breaking the law unless you're like doing drugs or seriously speeding. BUT, when they do get ya, you're going away for a long time in Williamson County Texas....

Philly cops usually don't get you for breaking the law, either, hence all the gunshots.  In fact, I think we are up to 3 or 4 cops killed, this year so far.  two were shot, and 2 others were killed by perps driving stolen vehicles.  One was in the squad car and T-boned.  The other, a woman, was actually ran over.        :noid

Philly cops will bust you for dope, slap you around a bit. and then take your stash home for themselves.  That's why you never take everything that you have with you when you go out to party.  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 07:45:23 AM »
Either scenerio sounds like a typical day in Philly, without the gunshots of course         :)

Not to mention a typical night       :noid

Go Eagles  :aok

or camden.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »

Philly cops usually don't get you for breaking the law, either, hence all the gunshots.  In fact, I think we are up to 3 or 4 cops killed, this year so far.  two were shot, and 2 others were killed by perps driving stolen vehicles.  One was in the squad car and T-boned.  The other, a woman, was actually ran over.        :noid

Philly cops will bust you for dope, slap you around a bit. and then take your stash home for themselves.  That's why you never take everything that you have with you when you go out to party.  :aok

I honestly could never live where it's average is below 50 more than 10% of the year.... (Yea, it's that hot in Central Texas... w00t!)

Difference between Texas and Philly: Cold/Hot, and when you hear the gunshot, someone is actually dead or about to die and the police are expected to be there in about a minute. Better leave or find out your story, otherwise, you could be going away for a long long time.

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
I honestly could never live where it's average is below 50 more than 10% of the year.... (Yea, it's that hot in Central Texas... w00t!)

Difference between Texas and Philly: Cold/Hot, and when you hear the gunshot, someone is actually dead or about to die and the police are expected to be there in about a minute. Better leave or find out your story, otherwise, you could be going away for a long long time.

A minute  :O

Lucky if Philly cops come within 1/2 hour.    :lol

I imagine it's much easier to hide in Philly than central Texas.

And I couldn't live somewhere that my balls sweat and I got swamp arse 90% of the year, or so dry that I need a swamp cooler to add humidity to the air so my A/C will actually work, so we are even. 

Plus, I need some rain or snow from time to time to make mud for the O|||||||O.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »

A minute  :O

Lucky if Philly cops come within 1/2 hour.    :lol

I imagine it's much easier to hide in Philly than central Texas.

And I couldn't live somewhere that my balls sweat and I got swamp arse 90% of the year, or so dry that I need a swamp cooler to add humidity to the air so my A/C will actually work, so we are even. 

Plus, I need some rain or snow from time to time to make mud for the O|||||||O.
gotta give em a little credit.....

a friend has a coupls stores on 5th street...a block or two off of south.

in the 2 years i've known her, she's needed to call the police 3 times to the store. the longest response time was 5 minutes, although it seemed longer, as i was helping hold a shoplifter..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
Betcha wouldn't get that kinda response time in West Philly  :noid

Maybe now you would, though.  Ever since Nutter has been mayor, he has been putting up with a LOT less doo-doo than Street was.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
Precisely why I live kitty-corner from a police station in DC.   ;)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 11:56:04 AM »
Precisely why I live kitty-corner from a police station in DC.   ;)

Wouldn't work for me.

They would smell my bong hits coming out of the window while playing AH2.

They'd always be after me Lucky Charms.        :noid