Author Topic: Bar dar  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bar dar
« on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
With the new (well not so new) fad of horde noe avoiding the fight base taking. I say remove the minimum alt requirement for bar dar. At least make it show when x amount of ac are in a sector.

That is what this game is about.. the fight....not on how to avoid it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:50:04 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
Re: Bar dar
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
I don't see this thread ending well...

If your baiting, its a good one.  :aok

That being said, I really don't like this idea.  If you insist on a large fight, go do some furballing -- never hard to find.  Taking away NOE is removing a fun element of the game for no real purpose.  Additionally, most people who care that much about "the fight" could care less about losing a base in the first place. 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:51:56 AM »
I don't see this thread ending well...

If your baiting, its a good one.  :aok

That being said, I really don't like this idea.  If you insist on a large fight, go do some furballing -- never hard to find.  Taking away NOE is removing a fun element of the game for no real purpose.  Additionally, most people who care that much about "the fight" could care less about losing a base in the first place. 
Please explain to me the fun of taking an undefended base? Do the toolsheds fight back that well?
See Rule #4

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »
Against a country that is quasi-cognisant, it won't be undefended.   Additionally, half the fun is generally in the flight to the base, not in getting torn up by ack and WW's :)  This is especially true in the very hilly maps. 

Conducting a well-run noe in a small efficient strike force with a good group of friends is a very enjoyable experience in my mind.  Granted, some NOE raids are just gratuitous mobs, but those happen at any altitude. 

To be frank, I don't see how taking away NOE stealth would improve gameplay or realism in any way.  Just my opinion.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 12:06:23 PM »

To be frank, I don't see how taking away NOE stealth would improve gameplay or realism in any way.  Just my opinion.

Improve game play..... hmm no more sitting waiting for a base to flash to find a fight.  LOOK a huge bar dar  fun to be had.
Realism???? 1 guy controlling 3 buff and slaved guns ...realism? Check how often US fighters carried 1000 lb bombs. Shall I go on.

There are concessions a plenty on realism to enhance gameplay.

I'd settle for no noe on big maps.....small ones less places to hide.
See Rule #4

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
Improve game play..... hmm no more sitting waiting for a base to flash to find a fight.  LOOK a huge bar dar  fun to be had.
Realism???? 1 guy controlling 3 buff and slaved guns ...realism? Check how often US fighters carried 1000 lb bombs. Shall I go on.

There are concessions a plenty on realism to enhance gameplay.

I'd settle for no noe on big maps.....small ones less places to hide.

Are you really gonna tell me you need to wait for a base to flash now to find a fight?   :rofl

I never said the game was realistic as is now, simply made the point that we don't need to detract any more from it. 

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
Are you really gonna tell me you need to wait for a base to flash now to find a fight?   :rofl

I've seen maps where you had to. Go to ew or mw you have to wait for a base to flash to find the enemy at times.
What''s next?
See Rule #4

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
How much NOE hording do you see going on in EW and MW?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »
To some, taking bases (undefended or not) is their way of having fun.  If you were to get rid of alt minimums just so you can find them easier, it is forcing them to play the game your way - which has been said time and time again by the HTC staff, is not what the game is all about or will ever become.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 12:31:32 PM »
POTW take bases without going NOE all the time, we by far dont have the best sticks or the most pilots but when we work together are radio communication helps and gives us the advantage.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »
Think of it this way, if the element of surprise is so overwellming that there is no way to defend against, then that is the path of least resistance, and hence will become the primary mode of attack. That is the state of affairs as it stood previously with big maps.

Now there are NOE raids that do not cause this, I.E. NOE raids to acheive  singular objectives, I.E. hitting cities, factories, possibly 1 open field deep in enemy territory. But if all objectives can be taken by NOE raids, IT creates non defensible game play.

2nd it easy to say, well people should just defend then. Think about what it really takes to defend against NOE raids, and do you really want to do that defense.

To defend successfully at NOE raids, you need more than 1 player.
2nd to defend against them you have to sit in the tower, waiting for the base to flash, and then up soon as it does.
Does that defense sound fun to you ? I.E. do you really want to just wait in tower for something that might or might not occur? Sure if you new a NOE mission was otw, but didn't know where it might be fun. But not where you don't even know if one is going to occur.

Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture.

HiTech
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 12:35:13 PM »
How much NOE hording do you see going on in EW and MW?
LOL go to ew....all ya see.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
To some, taking bases (undefended or not) is their way of having fun.  If you were to get rid of alt minimums just so you can find them easier, it is forcing them to play the game your way - which has been said time and time again by the HTC staff, is not what the game is all about or will ever become.
The base is still there... take it.
ZOMG I r forcing joo to fight peoplzez...In an MMO.. the humanity.......the horror...

Ohh and BTW HT has stated the game is about the fight. Base taking is just a tool to get people to fight.

have fun with that little tid bit. :aok

Edit: I'm not forcing you to fight my fight. I would however like you to fight period.  :aok
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:08:46 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
Ohh and BTW HT has stated the game is about the fight. Base taking is just a tool to get people to fight.

Thats where GV and Buffs come into gameplay....to promote Air Combat.

As for the OP:  "Brilliant!"
Since Tour 86 (Banshee7 since Tour 90)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
Take it up directly with the man who has thus far chosen not to change it, at least not right away.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"