Author Topic: Who was the base taken from?  (Read 800 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Who was the base taken from?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »
I don't think it matters that much. If you didn't know who's base it was, that probably means it didn't effect you at all, causing it to not really matter who's base it was.

(not trying to sound mean)  :lol
[/quote
Dont worry very well put if he cant handle it hes a weak boi :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »
If the base capture part of the game is important to you then you would be paying attention to this stuff and all ready KNOW whos base it was. If on the other hand you are not in to the base capture idea of the game the only time you notice when a base is captured is when it the one you were upping from, or going to. No extra information is going to matter to those that don't all ready care, nor is it going to make then WANT to care any more than they all ready do. So ya its a neat idea, but NO, its not going to encourage more people to respond.

+1

Can't be any worse than the Attention Defict AAdeath typing in all caps on rook green.   Can't be any worse than reading TriplCry piss people off on Rook green and wonder why noone helps him?   

Those two and valdals clutter the buffer more than anyone.    The sad thing is, Rooks encourage and accept it.   

I have found, on too many occasions, if you squelch two people the text buffer dries right up.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »
If the base capture part of the game is important to you then you would be paying attention to this stuff and all ready KNOW whos base it was.
What a silly thing to say.  I was part of one of the better mud-moving squads in the game, and am currently part of a different squad that also enjoys moving mud -- and there is no way in hades I would have any clue on these large maps whether "Knights capture A118" or whatever was against my country (unless it was one we had taken ourselves earlier).  I don't care what the number of the bases are, just that there are bases.  And if I have been fighting on one side of the map all night, I have even less than zero chance of recogizing the base just captured on the other side of the map was part of my current country.

But I get it -- any idea, however unobtrusive (as this one surely is), that may help the mud-movers enjoy the game more is just not acceptable for many of you.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 11:57:04 PM »
Great Idea  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 04:45:55 AM »
Tripl5 usually lets the rooks know if we lost a base  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 07:01:13 AM »
I don't care what the number of the bases are, just that there are bases.  And if I have been fighting on one side of the map all night, I have even less than zero chance of recogizing the base just captured on the other side of the map was part of my current country.

But I get it -- any idea, however unobtrusive (as this one surely is), that may help the mud-movers enjoy the game more is just not acceptable for many of you.

Actually, how will saying A204 has been captured from the Rooks help you find where the base is.  Which side of the map, maybe.  But since this seems to be designed to help people who do not know what bases are theirs and are not, or are much too busy to open their maps and look, I really do not see how it helps them find the base in question.

Even putting in grid coordinates would not help for the said people in question would not know where those coordinates are and cannot be bothered to look on the map.  If they could find the time to look, you would not need the message A204 has been captured from the Rooks after all.

Isn't this just another "Lookie what we did?  We got your base...nyaaaa" wish?  Just more unnecessary chest thumping?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 11:02:24 AM »
Isn't this just another "Lookie what we did?  We got your base...nyaaaa" wish?  Just more unnecessary chest thumping?
If a large concentration of forces on one front sees that they are losing bases on the other front faster than they are taking them, it may encourage them to flip to "stem the tide."
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »
+1

I have found, on too many occasions, if you squelch two people the text buffer dries right up.

wrongway

That's great, so losing a perspective player due to their attitude is "acceptable"?    Instead of players wishes to be selfish and only worry about themselves.    Get off of your arses and best eliminate the need for "squelching" in the first place.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »

If a large concentration of forces on one front sees that they are losing bases on the other front faster than they are taking them, it may encourage them to flip to "stem the tide."

They would still need to make the effort to locate the base on the map and move to it.  As it is, people often do not come to defend when an "alert" is put out on country channel any way.  Then the "thanks for the help, guys...." countrywide transmissions start.

Which leads me to:

That's great, so losing a perspective player due to their attitude is "acceptable"?    Instead of players wishes to be selfish and only worry about themselves.    Get off of your arses and best eliminate the need for "squelching" in the first place.   

The last person I squelched when on and on and on about how we sucked because we kept losing bases.  Wouldn't stop despite all the "cut it out"s and "why don't you switch countries then".  Funny thing is, probably an hour or two later I am still seeing people tell "someone" to shut it or switch countries.

The other group I seem to squelch are the noobs who can't fly but will not listen to helpful explanations, ever, and the two guys flying somewhere together who should be on range but are on country instead.  You know, the "Look down there 456963, there's a base we can drop troops on" or "I'm in your bomber gunning but the ammo is all gone and the first enemy plane is gaining on us now" people.

I really don't think I'm missing much by squelching them

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"