Author Topic: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
I'm not surprised about the J either, it seems that most of the guys I wing with or fight against in it are much more knowledgable than the noobs in the L. And I remember when I used to get laughed at in the 475th for flying the J almost exclusively about 3 years ago...  ;)

Now to get the K/D of the Ki-61 up and really start surprising people...  :t
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »
Did you mean the decline of player quality in LW?  I remember a lot of good posts being made  from 104 to 106 about MW.

No, I did indeed mean MW
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
FWIW,I would like to also see if possible,MAP resets by country...I think that would be very interesting..

Falcon23

That would need someone sitting in the arenas and writing down all the resets ;)

How long did it take?

Not that long, but I can't really tell. Did most of the perparations some time ago, during off-peak times, or when the maps sucked for me, or while flying buffs

Re: Fighter K/D.  Why is the Spit XIV perked?  It seems way out of place to be perked.

There are some interesting threads in "Aircraft & Vehicles" in that topic with a lot of disagreements ;)

Re: Country K/D. Do you have data on total sorties by country?  It seems to me that Rooks are often in the majority and it also seems to me that people in the majority often win (fields and fights).

Sorties are not recorded, and adding kills & deaths is not very meaningful when analyzing countries

Another info on that matter: Rooks having a significant better overall K/D isn't a new develpment in any way. At leas as long as I am playing, it has been Rooks #1, Knight #2 and Bishops # 3. Only recently Bish & Knight K/D are getting about equal.

So much for "all countries are the same"   :devil
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:11:00 PM by Lusche »

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2009, 07:58:05 PM »
Great stuff, Snailman.  Thanks  :salute
"Hello, Newman."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »
I wuv you Lusche!!!  :D

In a non-sexual way of course...but I really do wuv you!

Next to my wife, my son and my cat you're next!  :salute

Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »
I wuv you Lusche!!!  :D

In a non-sexual way of course...but I really do wuv you!

Next to my wife, my son and my cat you're next!  :salute

:uhoh

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
    And this graph, of course, explains why the P47N has an ENY of 5, whilst the P51 has an 8
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

Another info on that matter: Rooks having a significant better overall K/D isn't a new develpment in any way. At leas as long as I am playing, it has been Rooks #1, Knight #2 and Bishops # 3. Only recently Bish & Knight K/D are getting about equal.

So much for "all countries are the same"   :devil

Yea, I proved the, "All countries are exactly identical theory", was a complete load of festering, maggot ridden crap years ago. Anyone who says they're the same in terms of either pervasive behavior or cumulative end results is simply spewing a torrential maelstrom of stinky propaganda diarrhea that would make Joseph Gerbils proud.

I did that country analysis to confirm my suspicion that my direct observations were supported by hard data back then. Your data just reconfirms is wasn't just a two-year trend, but a permanent pattern with very little, if any, indication of significant change in five years, which in itself is quite remarkable considering a lot of individuals have left AH, joined AH or changed countries since then either permanently or on a rotation basis.

Birds of a feather flock together, always have, always will. AH's country demographics was, is and always will be a reflection of that most basic human psychosocial dynamic.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:08:48 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
P-47N has a low K/D becuse most people suicide into the tower trying to pork with it.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »
Oh no BJ! The numbers put up by MA'ers, lemmings and brain-damaged lemurs included, are the word of God! We must believeth in them, even when they tell us the P-47D-11 needs a lower ENY number than the P-47N.

Or at least make our Electric-Monks believe it for us... :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
Now to get the K/D of the Ki-61 up and really start surprising people...  :t

It is 13th.     I'd say mission accomplished and I slaughtered many in it.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »
P-47N has a low K/D becuse most people suicide into the tower trying to pork with it.
Well, if it HAS a pathetic eny, for whatever reason, then it's ENY should be at LEAST as high as a P51, which has far better numbers across the board

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 11:47:56 PM »
Interesting to see how much the WW changed the ground war. Personally I think she should be perked. Wasn't the Wirblewind even rarer than the Ostwind?

No, there were almost twice the number of WWs built vice the Ostie.  87 vs. 44.  That's right a whole 87 WW built for the entire war!  So yes, the WW should be perked.  Thus, more m16 usage (should) occur; which we would know about 'cause Snailman's metrics will tell us so. :D

Fight Like a Girl

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 04:01:37 AM »
If you were using these stats to figure out what you were doing right or wrong, what would you find?

I don't think the desired results of new additions and or changes were met.

I am happy there are less LA's in the air though.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 09:01:49 AM »
It seems to me that Rooks have always had the largest concentration of good sim pilots. I had the opportunity to frequently switch sides between 104 - 106 and definitely noticed a difference between the three countries in their ability to communicate, (check6's, who needs help and where ect.) Take bases and organize missions..................... ...........
Lots of folks rotate, but I can think of at least half a dozen guy/squads off the top of my head who are among the best in the game,(also with awesome k/d's) who are ALWAYS Rook---Skatsr, Shawk--(despite his legions of detractors, he can spank most anyone one on one, if he chooses to)...  Widewing, Lynx...there are others, just don't come to mind right now, need that 3rd cup coffee...Pity we can't see the breakdown of base captures in LW, I'm guessing Bish would have more than Nits and Rooks combined