Author Topic: Disabling other players skins  (Read 3994 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Re: Disabling other players skins
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 09:40:25 AM »
You gents do understand that the default Panzer and Tiger skins are basically the standard paint scheme for German tanks from late 42 on?  Tans, greens and browns?

Outside of whitewashing them in the winter to blend with the snow, they had those colors or variations of the same regardless of the theater they were in.  So Green Shermans and T34s were shooting at Panzers and Tigers painted in tan, brown and green mottled camo. 

And we just want the default set to the green cammo........
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 09:40:57 AM »
Well.. this is a big issue for gameplay, I agree that german vehicles default skins should change.

Another option would be desert maps.

:salute

I am a spy!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »
That would be the best way to do it!!!   :aok

or maybe ... change the "default" skin for those tanks ?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline LTARogue

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »
OK for the Tekkies out there is it really technically difficult to: A) Allow only aircraft skins to be turned off or
                                                                                    B) Change the default tiger and Panzer skin to a darker green
As far as being historically realistic I do believe that during the war years Tigers and Panzers could mow down sheep, and drive through buildings, or knock over trees without flipping over upside down.  :eek:

Is this something that would have to be fixed on an update?

LTARogue

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
Well.. this is a big issue for gameplay, I agree that german vehicles default skins should change.

Another option would be desert maps.

:salute

They work like a charm on the Tunisia map.

Shame we'll never see that map in the MA's, as it is a thing of beauty  :cry
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »
learn how to fly ltars  :furious  :rofl

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 01:51:22 PM »
SlapShot WOOOOT !!! That is exactly what I was trying to say bro    :D (his interpretation of my original reply to AKdogg)

I was not talking about going into your OS and hardware and / or running Third Party Programs to gain an advantage. I was talking about the system resource drain adjustments that HTC puts right into their game for players to use. The things you spoke of, things like at what distance do things begin to appear. My point is that HTC put those there to be used for whatever reason, whether it be so that you could run at the maximum graphics display and see all the glorious eye candy or turn things down for system performance improvement. I dont really care "Why" HTC put them there, the fact remains that they are there and that implies it is acceptable to use them.  :cool:

Some of the logic I am reading in this thread is absloutely hilarious.  :D I mean if I am flying around I can with the stroke of a key change the depthh of field of vision. So if I have "Full Vision" and I am going to attack a GV and I switch to "Ground Vision" mode I am now "Gaming the Game" by a lot of the logic I am reading here. The same logic seems to be implied if I am cruising at "Full Vision" mode and go to engage in a furball and I switch to "Medium" or "Short Vision" mode, am I now cheating and Metagaming in an unacceptable manner?  :rolleyes:

My point is HTC put these features in thier product to be used. I didnt have to scour the internet hack/cheat zones to figure out how to make these changes. All I had to do was open up my "In Game Clipboard" and look around, click on some stuff and see what it was. Try a few things out and watch my "Frame Rate" and my "Memory Usage" dispaly that HTC put in the game for me to use. I can also use another display for "Latency" that HTC put in the game for me to use. But by the logic I am reading in this thread if I use them I am doing so only to gain some "Unfair" advantage.  :rolleyes:

I must say that this thread is really starting to wreak of "Whaa, he isnt playing the game the way I want him to play   :cry "

No offense intended to anybody, but these are all things that can be done while you are flying around in game and the notion that using any of them is in some way cheating or hacking the game in some way that is "Unfair" completely escapes me.   :cool:

Oh, did I get it right? Are we actually petitioning HTC to change the default skins over this?  :rofl :rofl :rofl

I for one would really like some official from HTC to chime in on this if they have not already done so.  :cool:

Later,
KayBay
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »
I swear...people must sit and think of new complaints to make in this game. Next thing you're going to ask for is standardized control setups and monitors because someone might have better equipment than you which is totally unfair! What if someone has a huge monitor and can see you easier than you can see them?! THATS CHEATING!!!!! What if someone has better eyesight than you?! Make them where special blur glasses!  :rolleyes:

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
SlapShot WOOOOT !!! That is exactly what I was trying to say bro    :D (his interpretation of my original reply to AKdogg)

I was not talking about going into your OS and hardware and / or running Third Party Programs to gain an advantage. I was talking about the system resource drain adjustments that HTC puts right into their game for players to use. The things you spoke of, things like at what distance do things begin to appear. My point is that HTC put those there to be used for whatever reason, whether it be so that you could run at the maximum graphics display and see all the glorious eye candy or turn things down for system performance improvement. I dont really care "Why" HTC put them there, the fact remains that they are there and that implies it is acceptable to use them.  :cool:

Some of the logic I am reading in this thread is absloutely hilarious.  :D I mean if I am flying around I can with the stroke of a key change the depthh of field of vision. So if I have "Full Vision" and I am going to attack a GV and I switch to "Ground Vision" mode I am now "Gaming the Game" by a lot of the logic I am reading here. The same logic seems to be implied if I am cruising at "Full Vision" mode and go to engage in a furball and I switch to "Medium" or "Short Vision" mode, am I now cheating and Metagaming in an unacceptable manner?  :rolleyes:

My point is HTC put these features in thier product to be used. I didnt have to scour the internet hack/cheat zones to figure out how to make these changes. All I had to do was open up my "In Game Clipboard" and look around, click on some stuff and see what it was. Try a few things out and watch my "Frame Rate" and my "Memory Usage" dispaly that HTC put in the game for me to use. I can also use another display for "Latency" that HTC put in the game for me to use. But by the logic I am reading in this thread if I use them I am doing so only to gain some "Unfair" advantage.  :rolleyes:

I must say that this thread is really starting to wreak of "Whaa, he isnt playing the game the way I want him to play   :cry "

No offense intended to anybody, but these are all things that can be done while you are flying around in game and the notion that using any of them is in some way cheating or hacking the game in some way that is "Unfair" completely escapes me.   :cool:

Oh, did I get it right? Are we actually petitioning HTC to change the default skins over this?  :rofl :rofl :rofl

I for one would really like some official from HTC to chime in on this if they have not already done so.  :cool:

Later,
KayBay

There isnt necessarily a cheating accusation, but HTC has coded in, unintentionally, a MASSIVE advantage for the allied tanks. They surely dont intend it that way, but thats how it came out. THAT needs to be fixed.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 02:10:48 PM »
I swear...people must sit and think of new complaints to make in this game. Next thing you're going to ask for is standardized control setups and monitors because someone might have better equipment than you which is totally unfair! What if someone has a huge monitor and can see you easier than you can see them?! THATS CHEATING!!!!! What if someone has better eyesight than you?! Make them where special blur glasses!  :rolleyes:

Another one that didn't get it. ;)

It's not about what people do or what setting they use, and not that they shouldn't be able to "disable skins" for performance. So your analogy is... wrong.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
Another one that didn't get it. ;)

It's not about what people do or what setting they use, and not that they shouldn't be able to "disable skins" for performance. So your analogy is... wrong.

Ah..passive aggressive eye winking and a dramatic pause in the same post. I guess my point was that there are always people who will find things to whine about. No matter how trivial or ridiculous. Add your complaint to the list. I'm sure HTC will give it TOP priority.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 02:58:47 PM by BigR »

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »
Ah..passive aggressive eye winking and a dramatic pause in the same post. I guess my point was that there are always people who will find things to whine about. No matter how trivial or ridiculous. Add your complaint to the list. I'm sure HTC will give it TOP priority.

Ah, the idea that unless something directly effects you, it means nothing. HTC wants to know when there are issues. This is one. To fix this would make it a better game. It wouldn't surprise me if something IS done about it.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »

And we just want the default set to the green cammo........

My point was the real 'default' paint on Panzers wasn't green.   The 'default' on Shermans and T-34s was green.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:20 PM »
Changing the default skin on the Tiger and Panzer to a green shade would make the complaint go away.

Bingo!

Hope to see it in a future update HTC.

The OP raises an important game play issue.
Thanks for bringing that out into the open LTARogue
<S>

Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »
now everybody that has read this has learned how to gain advantage on a tiger. thanks a lot. :salute