Author Topic: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***  (Read 2027 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: ***The Ultimate Girl Talk Thread***
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 08:27:41 PM »
There really is only one mashup worthy of listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9xOyDLYn-Q

but I gota add this one isn't that bad either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5eJwgAtvY 

(this one actually surprised me. even the video is done well)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »
I could post something but I would get PNG'd for it
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »
but I gota add this one isn't that bad either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5eJwgAtvY 

(this one actually surprised me. even the video is done well)
That ones pretty good, love the White Stripes.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »

I could post something but I would get PNG'd for it

Actually I think your avatar hits the nail on the head.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »

Actually I think your avatar hits the nail on the head.

He did just hear a garbage brothers song on the radio though..........   :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 12:27:06 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGnOIBAYSg

For those of you that could use more testosterone and less 24 supplied estrogen.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 12:51:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6iPi2aauu0

If you really need Testosterone with eye candy.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »
I grew up with actual music, "yaknow the kind where people spend lifetimes learning an instrument", and Girl Talk just doesn't rate. Right now my 15yo is playing Mozart on the Baby Grand I bought him. He goes to a special music HS and has been playing since he was 5yo.

Thats music Dude. I'm sorry but Girl Talk just struck out with this middle aged cartoon pilot. In my day boys didn't call themselves "girls" no how. :huh

Music is music, who cares how long they have or haven't been playing whatever they play. 46 year olds like yourself obviously aren't open to anything new. As far as "Girl Talk" goes he is a former biomedical engineeriing student who decided he wanted to focus on music instead.

In my opinion his laptop is his instrument. He manipulates sounds and arranges them the way he feels. To take a sample of someone's music and transform it into a totally new sound  is pretty unique. Laptop's are more used in today's music than ever before. Music must transform and this is where it's headed.

As much as I dont like rap I like it better then watching some whiteboy, whose mommie obviously had to much lead in her breast milk, prance around a stage acting like a rap artist with a Macbook.

Listen to the dude talk, he isn't an idiot. Seems like a guy who loves what he does and just wants everyone to have a good time. Do you have to like his music? I could care less. I just think people, like yourself, don't give artists like Girl Talk the respect they deserve.

XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 12:57:40 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZGnOIBAYSg

For those of you that could use more testosterone and less 24 supplied estrogen.
Not bad not bad at all. But you know to the right was a "Smash Up" of 4 of their songs posted.  :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 01:03:23 AM »
I have to hand it to you twenty, you are right!  That dude IS kinda cute in a man-bear kind of way!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
But there is talent there. His stuff is live. His laptop is his instrument.
DID I REALLY JUST READ THAT??!?!?!
im at a lose for words, somewhere in between insulting to musicians, and stupidity.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 03:38:14 AM »
You read too much.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »
You guys wouldn't know good music if it slapped you in the face.

I bet most of you still strictly listen to classic rock and oldies stations. How many times can you listen to "Freebird", what about going out and finding new current artists. What about googling your local music venue and seeing who is coming and when. Good music is easy to find these days with the internet and myspace.

Girl Talk has sold out almost every venue last year and into this year. His tickets are reasonable and you are guaranteed to have a great time. The audience is encouraged to join him on stage while he does his thing. His energy is constant and he is passionate about what he does. Girl Talk has had over 5 million hits to his myspace page. He is becoming main stream among the younger generation in this country.

Dude.....it's a bloody DJ.  He's NOT an artist as such.  Without those that actually make the music this guy would be ****ed.

Another guise on the Emperors new cloths.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »
There should be a forum rule against being a being a complete knob all of the time.

:rolleyes:
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
Music is music, who cares how long they have or haven't been playing whatever they play. 46 year olds like yourself obviously aren't open to anything new. As far as "Girl Talk" goes he is a former biomedical engineeriing student who decided he wanted to focus on music instead.

Dude, like I'm not actually 46yo Dude. I made the name up 4 years ago and never got around to changing it. Tho I suppose I should once a year yaknow? Dude?

In my opinion his laptop is his instrument. He manipulates sounds and arranges them the way he feels. To take a sample of someone's music and transform it into a totally new sound  is pretty unique. Laptop's are more used in today's music than ever before. Music must transform and this is where it's headed.

I just took my morning glory Dude. I suppose the accompanying noise could also be called music since it involved the exhalation of gas into a man made implement. While its not generally unique I guess each persons is different, plug a Macbook into the picture and we could call it "Ultimate Butt Talk" and let it share the stage with your boy.

Listen to the dude talk, he isn't an idiot. Seems like a guy who loves what he does and just wants everyone to have a good time. Do you have to like his music? I could care less. I just think people, like yourself, don't give artists like Girl Talk the respect they deserve.

Maybe not Dude. But here it is 0630 and I'm cutting and pasting from your latest troll and actually talking to you Dude. So Girl Talk move over cause Rich46yo, now 50yo, is going senile and buying a Macbook ......Dude. Boy if the younger generation doesnt start doing better then this then they are going to end up like the older generation.

Gaaaaaa,gaaaaaa,gaaaaaa
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"