Author Topic: My latest 'epic hardcore' Aces High II video (in HD)  (Read 1359 times)

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/andrew_john_gordon
My latest 'epic hardcore' Aces High II video (in HD)
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
 :noid
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-CsqEy1Rkfo
 :lol
The music is very punky, so be warned, and it's long so best to let it stream in HD before playing it.
 :rock
It's in four sections, the first ('Retard and Feathered') is just one of those situations where your engine cuts out in the thick of vultching a non-pacified field - the guy in the tank shot me in the head - but I still got an assist on the P51 that I shot with my pistol.
 :aok
Then ('Deathface'!) It's all about taking a 262 to tank town for the second section which changes into a montage of first-person killing for the third section and back to the 262 at tank town for the climactic section. "Hit those afterburners buddy!"
 :salute

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:41:26 AM by drewgordon »

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
Re: My latest 'epic hardcore' Aces High II video (in HD)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 04:58:03 PM »
Feel free to comment!
 :t

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »
Quite possibly the worst movie/music i've ever seen/heard.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
Was the even music?  I'm a pretty big punk fan and that was just random garbage if you ask me.

Anyways, I had a hard time following the action when you'd be in the cockpit and you'd go to an external shot and back to the cockpit and back outside again.  It didn't feel very organized and there were just a collection of random clips, which can be fine but they have to have a little cohesion with each other.

Wasn't a fan at all.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »
Pfft. I bet you hated 'Speed Racer' too, and the music is lovely in my opinion.  :rock
Thanks for responding though!  :devil

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »
If your intention is to mimic the universally-hated "Speed Racer" you started out already failing.

That said, I really didn't like it at all. You really couldn't see much, and when you could it was all disjointed, with random camera movements, cuts, changes, and on top of that it was 10 minutes long. I ended up skipping through the progress bar several times and didn't feel I'd missed anything important whenever I did.

And yes, I feel the "music" definitely detracts. It might have been simply "bland" with another choice of music, but overall the total package is extremely hard to sit through.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »
Quite possibly the worst movie/music i've ever seen/heard.

I respectfully agree.  AS Krusty said, I couldn't see much at all.  The music really took away from the film, I think.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:24:29 PM »
i like movies,,, :aok i like music,,, :aok
 i thought i could block out the noise, :huh
but the vid quality is not good enough to enjoy either! :O
try better quality vid first, :furious then maybe turn the volume down a bit,  :(

just an opinion, nice that you tried, i love watching good ah vids,, :cool: even if i have to put my own music over them in order to enjoy, :devil

please try again  hopefully you will get better :cool:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:39 PM »
"but the vid quality is not good enough to enjoy either!  :O
try better quality vid first,  :furious then maybe turn the volume down a bit,   :( "

The video is in '720i' - as are all 'HD' youtube videos - the image may seem slightly blurry and/or lurid because I increased the gamma in order to make the game look more 'Call of Duty' - like a cartoon.

The music is integral to the piece, as it is with my 'Wingwalker' and 'NSK' Aces High II videos - if you can't appreciate the aesthetic of the soundtrack, then your opinion is practically worthless to me, as the video is primarily aimed at enjoyers of music/art (in a certain style), not particularly Aces High players, although I would have expected those who are familiar with the game to at least be able to follow the narrative - I mean the ending part is a (vague) tribute to Charlton Heston in 'Midway'.

So then, hitechcreations message board posters would probably rather hear Hans Zimmer or Iron Maiden on the soundtrack.
I wonder if those who were so turned-off by my effort can post an aces high video that I may enjoy more than my own - apart from those JapanischSchwert and flash4art videos - I'll be surprised!
 :P

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
just sayin i have seen better ah vid than yours on u tube , don't care what misic u listyen too
 but the vid quality was really bad to me!

check ut my vid in the forums and see if you can tell a diff? not in content but quality
Flying since tour 71.

Offline drewgordon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 09:40:27 PM »
just sayin i have seen better ah vid than yours on u tube , don't care what misic u listyen too
 but the vid quality was really bad to me!

check ut my vid in the forums and see if you can tell a diff? not in content but quality

Okay I just watched your short Me262 video - the Def Leppard music made me feel ill, but it was okay - the quality wasn't too much better than mine, the pixel ratio didn't seem to be - the picture was just clearer and brighter (like the music was). Thanks for your opinion/tips though, I won't be attempting any ten-minute videos for a while, and I should probably download a better 'sound pack' (where and how do I do that?!) and make future videos more short and to-the-point.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »
Okay I just watched your short Me262 video - the Def Leopard music made me feel ill, but it was okay - the quality wasn't too much better than mine, the pixel ratio didn't seem to be - the picture was just clearer and brighter (like the music was). Thanks for your opinion/tips though, I won't be attempting any ten-minute videos for a while, and I should probably download a better 'sound pack' (where and how do I do that?!) and make future videos more short and to-the-point.

thanks   ,,, and to the point
 my vids are most all just windows movie maker, not the best quality but the sound is krisp and clear as well,,
 to get better sounds go to the sounds and skins forum, i would imagine most of the people that play and or watch are older than 21 so music might be age appropriate but not what you played.. if you want it watched ,, make it something people like,, otherwise make what you want,,,try to keep all vids to less than 5 min tho so as to keep the quality and sound better, the bigger the file the less quality you get

also watch my first film ,,, yak 9-t it may have been the best i ever made, sad to think that the first one may be the best
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:35:27 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »
if you can't appreciate the aesthetic of the soundtrack, then your opinion is practically worthless to me,

Feel free to comment!
 :t

:huh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »
I don't think he means the quality of the video as far as pixels and compression are concerned, but rather your camera angles and editing.

To be quite honest, when the... uh... music started, I thought you had switched out your engine sound with someone flipping out at a drum set, which I found pretty funny... and then I was just kind of pushed in to boredom and disgust.
Now that I think about it, it reminded me of Timmy from South Park.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:59:34 PM by Motherland »

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
My opinion that it isn't very impressive, but if you liked it, that's all it should matter to you, the maker. 

No one knows what the future may bring.