Author Topic: Toolsheders  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Toolsheders
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:29 AM »
I know what furballers are but what are toolshedders?
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Toolsheders
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »
They kill the evil, dangerous buildings on a base.

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »
They kill the evil, dangerous buildings on a base.

:noid

some use torpedoes for this.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:32 AM »
some use torpedoes for this.  :noid
I prefer drop tanks  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »
I prefer drop tanks  :D

ya, but with torps, you can lead it a bit, so when someone turns the town, ya still hit it.  :rofl :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »
ya, but with torps, you can lead it a bit, so when someone turns the town, ya still hit it.  :rofl :noid

I thought I was the only one seeing this       :noid

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
Someone will correct a detail of my definition, but here's my best try:

Toolshedder:  Is typically a bomber pilot who ignores player controlled objects and attacks stationary, unoccupied buildings instead, i.e. a shed full of tools; especially when there is a large furball underway and the bomber pilot drops the fighter hangars without the threat of field capture by either side, which also makes him a griefer.  Another variety of toolshedding is noe-base-sneak-capture missions.

Von that white 7 looks frign' awesome!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:27:34 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »
Sounds fairly good to me gavagai.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:33 AM »
my definition is targets

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »
soooo...in all seriousness now.......

sometimes when i don't feel like flying a fighter, i'll take lancs, and just go drop bombs. sometimes fuel or dar factories. sometimes on a town, if there;s an attempt at capture going on at that base....sometimes i'll just go and pop radar on multiple bases....usually picking a route that has me heading home when i drop my last egg. sometimes, i'll go to a small base, and de-ack it......just because i can. it tends to piss off some people too.....but sometimes that;s the point too.
 when i'm doing this, it's a bonus if someone comes up to fight me.

so....is this considered toolshedding?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »
I added both to the Common terms page  They are intentionally brief, but I think they cover the definitions.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

Toolshedder:  Is  a player (using a bomber, fighter or GV) who ignores player controlled objects and attacks stationary, unoccupied buildings instead, i.e. a shed full of tools; especially when there is a large furball underway and the player drops the fighter hangars without the threat of field capture by either side, which also makes him a griefer.  Another variety of toolshedding is noe-base-sneak-capture missions.

That's my edit of an otherwise excellent definition.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »

Toolshedder:  Is typically a bomber pilot who ignores player controlled objects and attacks stationary, unoccupied buildings instead, i.e. a shed full of tools; especially when there is a large furball underway and the bomber pilot drops the fighter hangars without the threat of field capture by either side, which also makes him a griefer.  Another variety of toolshedding is noe-base-sneak-capture missions.

Herr Bug's doing  :aok

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 02:22:18 PM »
I'm not really sure just how fighter-bombers fit into this thread, but I do both: I take out ords/VH on an airfield if necessary, dump 3k ords on a cv, or ca, and hit strat targets, if necessary...and then...furball, providing I survive the awesome ground, or puffy ack (from CVs). Some may call me a Toolshedder, others may call me a "Suicide Bomber" which I am not ( I always fly with the intend of surviving)...but I can read a map and see where the fight is going and how I, as an individual, may be able to influence the map to my Country's favor.

Many Tours ago a single Corsair could sink a CV; today we call for more hardening of a CV that now takes 8K to sink, but with increased ack defense.

Many Tours ago we screamed for more ack protection on Airfields, and more Barracks to prevent captures from opposing Airfields...and this happened; now we scream that there is too much ack and that it is too accurate, and that Bombers are targeting Fighter Hangars and Bomber Hangars on airfields we insisted were poorly defended before, but are now protected by the very same defensives we asked for a few TODs ago.

So, am I a Toolshedder, or a Furballer? I fly an aircraft capable of both; I've furballed on the deck with Spits and Zekes, and furballed at 30K with bombers; and just for the record, furballing bombers at 30K far exceeds, in my opinion, the skill of furballing Spits, or Zekes, at sea level.

And! Oh! Do Bombers at 25-30k fall into the Toolshedder Category? And! Do fighter-bombers who oppose this action fall into the Furball Category?

Just wondering...can one furball at 30k...and be a Bomber?

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
Play the game the way you enjoy it Patches. If someone else has a problem, it's thier problem and they can learn to deal with it, or go to a different area/map/arena.
Assuming that you're playing within the rules of the game and designers that is.
Rolling Thunder