Author Topic: P-47M  (Read 5114 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-47M
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
huuum... and your post say's "See rule #4" why??  :huh

-FYB

Because I called him out on not having a real argument (used the word "fool") and my post was only 3 words long. (One of the words was "you're").

Hardly worthy of note after his double tyrade, but that's the way the moderator edits, eh?

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
Because I called him out on not having a real argument (used the word "fool") and my post was only 3 words long. (One of the words was "you're").

Hardly worthy of note after his double tyrade, but that's the way the moderator edits, eh?
okay.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 02:41:46 AM »

*sigh* Ole' Krust, why must you stir this?

You went off the deep end when someone asked for a Jug that would be slightly more competitive in the Mains, while probably seeing very limited scenario use. You argued that the Luftwaffe set is already under some kind of horrendous disadvantage vs. the P-planes we've got. Well, sorry, no, in the 109 K-4 you have what is arguably the 3rd or 4th best prop plane in the game, inarguably it is by and large faster, climbs much better, and turns better than the Pony, Jug, or Lightning. *Every* 109 variant in the game has an edge to play in turn and usually in climb against these 3. The 190 D9 is no 109 K-4, but it IS the b'n'z plane that consistently wins for highest k/d among the popular b'n'z rides in the MA, not too shabby. If you were ignorant of these facts of performance that might an excuse, but plainly you are not. The whole thing seemed abit overboard to me, especially considering that Spits, Temps, Las and Yaks typically present the Kraut ride flier in AHII with bigger challenges than the Pursuits typically do, in either the MA or in scenarios.

The ironic thing about you calling me out on this is that the OTHER thing besides the M-Jug I'd really like to have is a hotter 190-A variant...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:54:25 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
*sigh* Ole' Krust, why must you stir this?

You went off the deep end when someone asked for a Jug that would be slightly more competitive in the Mains, while probably seeing very limited scenario use. You argued that the Luftwaffe set is already under some kind of horrendous disadvantage vs. the P-planes we've got. Well, sorry, no, in the 109 K-4 you have what is arguably the 3rd or 4th best prop plane in the game, inarguably it is by and large faster, climbs much better, and turns better than the Pony, Jug, or Lightning. *Every* 109 variant in the game has an edge to play in turn and usually in climb against these 3. The 190 D9 is no 109 K-4, but it IS the b'n'z plane that consistently wins for highest k/d among the popular b'n'z rides in the MA, not too shabby. If you were ignorant of these facts of performance that might an excuse, but plainly you are not. The whole thing seemed abit overboard to me, especially considering that Spits, Temps, Las and Yaks typically present the Kraut ride flier in AHII with bigger challenges than the Pursuits typically do, in either the MA or in scenarios.

The ironic thing about you calling me out on this is that the OTHER thing besides the M-Jug I'd really like to have is a hotter 190-A variant...
stop fighting, we got your opinion and we got his, its OVER.

-FYB

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
let me get out my gas can and approach the fire..

I brought up this plane  WAY back.. perhaps a year ago..

of course just like now Krusty and the other usuals did their job and pissed all over the idea, insulted me, etc etc, just like they always do.. they feel its their job, dont take it personally, its their disorder, not yours, they, at some poing had an imiganary friend crawl out from under their pillow and inform them that it is their DUTY.. as the offical Aces High Forum Police to ridicule, and berate people who post anything that goes agains their own little personal opinion about how their world (which you just live in) should work.

but at any rate, I digress..

here is some info.

TEXT DATA

400 mph at 10,000 feet,
453 mph at at 25,000 feet,
470 mph at 30,000 feet

climb rate under WEP:
3750 feet per minute at 5000 feet
3150 feet per minute at 20,000 feet

weights:
10,432 pounds empty
13,275 pounds normal load
15,500 pounds maximum

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:58:42 PM by Wingnutt »

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
let me get out my gas can and approach the fire..

I brought up this plane  WAY back.. perhaps a year ago..

of course just like now Krusty and the other usuals did their job and pissed all over the idea, insulted me, etc etc, just like they always do.. they feel its their job, dont take it personally, its their disorder, not yours, they, at some poing had an imiganary friend crawl out from under their pillow and inform them that it is their DUTY.. as the offical Aces High Forum Police to ridicule, and berate people who post anything that goes agains their own little personal opinion about how their world (which you just live in) should work.

but at any rate, I digress..

here is some info.

(Image removed from quote.)

TEXT DATA

400 mph at 10,000 feet,
453 mph at at 25,000 feet,
470 mph at 30,000 feet

climb rate under WEP:
3750 feet per minute at 5000 feet
3150 feet per minute at 20,000 feet

weights:
10,432 pounds empty
13,275 pounds normal load
15,500 pounds maximum

Okay, let me get this straight... Krusty didn't want your idea, but he brings it back a year later after he insults you, and says your idea is ridiculous?

Thats pretty cold blooded Krusty. But you cannot kill him WingNut.

By the way, i got this from BaldEagl... He posted another thread in AHGD named Rank and Score Matter. Pretty funny.

-FYB
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:43:24 AM by FYB »

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »
Okay, let me get this straight... Krusty didn't want your idea, but he brings it back a year later after he insults you, and says your idea is ridiculous?

Thats pretty cold blooded Krusty. But you cannot kill him WingNut.

No, that is a bald-faced lie. I have not insulted him. We do not "piss on his idea" -- his idea was a weak one and couldn't stand up to criticism. Or perhaps that was the person bringing the idea up, I don't know which thread he's talking about.

A bit presumptuous for him to say HE brought the idea up. It's been called for more than the B-29 has, and for just as long, since day 1 no doubt.

Please leave the lies and insinuations out of this.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »
P-47M 130 produced, squadron strength  and was in combat..
Ta-152  90-93 produced, squadron strength and was in combat.

Please explain why the M should not be done?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:54:54 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
I cast my vote in favor for the P47M. I know this thread hasnt been replied to in a long time, but I thought I would bring this back up since everyone else is whining about the B29.

If you do some research on the P47M, you will find that the 56th FG actually had some success with the bird. It took a long time to get the M past its teething problems, but once the bugs were ironed out, the bird flew pretty well. If I am not mistaken, the 56th FG kept the P47Ms until the end of the war. There are records of these planes shooting down 262s. Not sure exactly how many 262s were shot, but I believe that the P47M confronted the German jets more than once.

I personally have a P47 bias, as having flown the plane in the game countless times. They are great aircraft, and extremely deadly in the hands of a good pilot. The M would be a nice package for the P47 enthusiasts. I personally wouldnt feel bad if HTC would trade off the P47N for the M model. The N model is nice, but is rather pointless to have. The plane was reknowned for its long range, but honestly, few people in the MA ever fly the plane the way it was meant to be flown. I think people who play AH would enjoy a more "fighter" oriented P47M thats fast and deadly.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 06:16:26 PM »

Yes, she had her teething problems, so what?  I think the M model would be more useful and competitive in the MA, have said so ad nauseum for 8 years now.
Almost every aircraft in the AH stable had teething problems of one sort or another; said problems should NOT be a reason or argument to exclude the plane from consideration.  Wasn't it the 109G2 that had engine fires for mysterious reasons?  Wasn't a mysterious engine fire the cause of Marseille's death, as he had to bail from an otherwise undamaged plane?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't begrudge them that.  However, to argue against one plane on the basis of "we already have enough of them" then go to another thread and argue FOR another planes we already have 3 models of is hypocritical. 
I am a huge Jug fan, and will argue for, plead for, and present a case for the inclusion of the M model because I believe it has a place in the game, and not just in one area.  It would be useful for the MA and the scenarios.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
Just like a better 190A, the P-47M would make another great "plane of fame" much more viable for MA conditions vs. the low-alt uber-rides. All I need to know. :aok
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »

Agreed.  Fix the 190A5, add the 190A9, add the P-47M.  I could live with that.   :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »
The wet moose walks backwards at night... But the buzzard whistles in its sleep.
Please explain why the M should not be done?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.