Author Topic: How far we've come  (Read 1853 times)

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Re: How far we've come
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »
The bombing targets were the Spit Factory or the FW Factory.  Completely disabled those aircraft for that country for 2 hours if I remember right.

That actually is a pretty cool feature, would be nice to have that in AH!
Can only imagine all the milkrunners trying to destroy the Spitfire and P-51 factories :D

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »
Darn Baldie, I didn't know you were ^Crsh of the old Red Barons.  I was Doc1 from The Intruders in RRETO2 and you guys were our nemesis.  I rember the days of Heat and Scree battling for 1st place in Buffs.  Man I loved those strat flights in fully gunned 17's and we would always run into the Barons on the way to or from the strat targets and end up blasting each other all over the place.  Now I gotta tell ya that those were the good old days for sure!  I was the last CO of the Intruders.

All the Best...
     Jay
  awDoc1

Yep.  Good times.

We had some really good buff pilots and gunners and some really good fighter pilots as well.  We always placed gunners on the buffs and the on-board banter OTW to our targets was priceless.  That's something I miss about multi-gunned buffs.

And to the earlier post yes, the Spitfire factory was always a target priority with us.

I remember one night shutting down all the factories in CZ land simultaneously then devestating their front line bases.  Although we did it to BZ too I just happen to remember this particular night more vividly.  I used to spend all week planning those missions.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
started in '97 AW 3D.  was better than Ack's photos.  Was fun.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
Yep.  Good times.

We had some really good buff pilots and gunners and some really good fighter pilots as well.  We always placed gunners on the buffs and the on-board banter OTW to our targets was priceless.  That's something I miss about multi-gunned buffs.

And to the earlier post yes, the Spitfire factory was always a target priority with us.

I remember one night shutting down all the factories in CZ land simultaneously then devestating their front line bases.  Although we did it to BZ too I just happen to remember this particular night more vividly.  I used to spend all week planning those missions.

Oh GAWD yes!  Those inflight movies were great too!  Heck myself and LLung were devestating in guns and we would average 400-450 gun kills per campaign with me in the upper and him in the tail.  Heck I usually always ranked 2 or 3 in buffs without ever dropping a bomb and even hit #1 a few times to boot.  We would load up those 17's and usually fly at ground level for what seemed like hours and we would all get crap-faced along the way.  I always remember Pattul always engaging us in his 190 and killing him time after time.  He was a great dude and flew C-47's into Berlin during the soviet blockade.  I have never had so much fun in a game as I'd had in the years I spent in AirWarrior and the community was way more adult than in here.  I spent my entire first year just gunning buffs and then went to both flying em and gunning em and then went to fighters.  I got pretty good in the 38 and specialized the 109G-4, which I always called the mini-38 because the flaps would allow it to do everything a 38 could and turn tighter.  Although my gains were reduced drastictly on 2/22/99. when I suffered a massive skull fracture and I had to re-learn to walk again and I've never fully recovered as far as my reflexes go but what the heck, I'm still flying and doing everything that I used to do but not as good.hehhee
But I'm still having fun and that's what it's all about isn't it? LOL

All the Best...
    Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »
 Actually in AW you could get a HO shot. Seems like some of the better P38 pilots were able to do it with regularity. The center mounting of the guns seemed to be the key. I liked that you actually had to work your way around to a guys six. Not just HO him every pass.

I don't think I ever really learned how to fly without the window. And the macro's. Mine was "just like clubbing a baby seal" among others. Sprial climbing against a 38. Try that tactic in AH.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 12:22:14 PM »
Mine was "just like clubbing a baby seal" among others.

Mine was "Another one crushed by ^Crsh" or something along those lines.

The kills landed messaage is a lot less intusive than everyone firing off macros after every kill but alas, at lot less creative too.

Doc, you're almost inspiring me to gear up another squad.   ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
That actually is a pretty cool feature, would be nice to have that in AH!
Can only imagine all the milkrunners trying to destroy the Spitfire and P-51 factories :D

Several of us have asked for this feature to be implemented.

I, for one, would love to see it brought to AH.  If I could disable Spit16/La7/P51 factories, I might actually look up the key for "bombsight."

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
Oh, and AKAK, to be the best of my recollection, that first screenshot can not be from AW.

Note in the upper right-hand corner the EAC in the area - all Doras.  Doras did not show until 3?  Or was it 2?