Author Topic: unfair advantage  (Read 133 times)

Offline jameshgs

• Zinc Member
unfair advantage
« on: October 08, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »
How about some auto gunners? I was heading for ships in a tbm and a 190 came up from behind .I got some good hits with top turret, but all he did was drop down below my elevator. By the time I switched to ventral gun, and was getting on, he destroyed my aircraft! I admit I'm not a pro at this game, but this is really dumb! Also I see a real nee for the B25. I've studied WW2 all my life (53) and the B26 was very cranky to fly.Most planes stall too fast for me . If you make a mistake in a dogfight and go in, the elete bigshot chasing you gets credit for shooting you down! I guess some people are hunting allmighty points instead of having fun like the rest of us ! When i am shot down, Idon't need to be told 3 times and by who and what silly club they belong to! I hope others don't get fed up like me !James  :(   :confused:

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
unfair advantage
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
If you are having difficulty being successful in the Main Arena, contact an AH approved trainer and request lessons.

There is no "unfair advantage".  You may choose to fly whatever you like and can afford perkwise, as can anyone else.  All planes have advantages and disadvantages, learn them.  

F<   :mad:

upon rereading my post, it seemed I was being unduly harsh.  That was not my intent.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: Furious ]

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
unfair advantage
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 09:12:00 PM »
We all start out there, James.

There's a list of trainers on the web page, you merely have to mail one in your time zone to recieve instruction...and they're very good.

But you should be aware that a TBM is pretty much dead meat (unless you're very good) against an FW, it's not so much you (in this case) as a hopeless missmatch in planes.

Then again, consider your tactics..you don't mention much, but you were heading to ships in a TBM, were you going to Torp it? If so, be on the deck, then they can't get under you.

Ask around in the arena, most people will be glad to help.

highflyer

unfair advantage
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
contact an AH approved trainer and request lessons.

I dont agree, on the "approved part", I have seen others teach in depth ACM, general Flight Basics, Pattern work, Game functionality as well as other Topics and studies. I for one have done so many times.

Im not an Official Trainer, But have trained.

I think anyone should be able to be considered a trainer that puts forth the efforts.

Titles dont matter.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
unfair advantage
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
highflyer,

your post is not helpful.  of course anyone can be of assistance to a new player, but how in the hell are you going to CONTACT them if you don't know who they might be.  the HTC approved trainers email addys are listed in the help directory of the main web page.

F.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Furious ]

highflyer

unfair advantage
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
Sure its helpfull,, Wouldnt want anyone to think that they can ONLY train by contacting an Offical Trainer.

Some people wouldnt know.

More than 90% of the time, the TA is the only place I goto. I help alot of new people.

I rarely ever See anyone (Offical) trainer wise in the TA.

I love to teach, and I Do it well, but I, like others do so without the official title.  

Thats all im saying.  :)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
unfair advantage
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »
While the need to change turrents and bring a bead on the interceptor is hard to get used to the game compensates by focusing all your guns that can shoot at a target on them. The guns also seem a little bit more powerful.
If you were in the rear turrent and the fw droped out of sight I probably would have used my rudder control to bank the plane to keep the sight on him. barring that I would have done some violent evasives to force him out of his shot and gain some time.
I am not an experiaced TBM pilot but in general that is the kind of thing you can do with bombers. The top gun on a lanc can clear its belly if you give enough rudder.

Keep at it!

highflyer

unfair advantage
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
hehe PONGO!  ;) ........

what are you talking about?  :D