Author Topic: Survey -- your favorite and least favorite scenarios  (Read 28878 times)

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: Survey -- your favorite and least favorite scenarios
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
Coral sea '09 : +5

I had XO'd for Kermit in Dawn of Battle, which was a terrific experience, and XO'd for oneway in Coral Sea was a fantastic experience and i'd surely, without a doubt, XO for the next one *crosses fingers for Eastern Front*

The Command Staff on Alpha was also made up of some great personalities and great thinkers.

:salute and thanks for making this such an enjoyable scenario.

Hats off to both Redtail and gwurzel as well for stepping up on Zulu.  :salute
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline kansas2

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »
Coral Sea 2009  +4      ( three frames as Japanese +3  two frames as USA +5 = average of +4 )
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline VANDALS

• Zinc Member
      • 666th BARBARIANS FG
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2009, 06:30:42 PM »
Coral Sea 2009  --------------------4
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone is not thinking"

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »
Adding to:

Coral Sea (April, 2005) +5
Fire Over Malta (November, 2005) +4
Stalin's Fourth (April, 2006) +3
Operation Downfall (July, 2006) +3
Battle of Britain 2006 (September, 2006) +4
Operation Husky (June, 2007) +4
Der Grosse Schlag (October, 2007) +4
Rangoon, '42 (2008) (August, 2008) +4
Battle of Britain 2008 (November, 2008)+4
Tunisia, Dawn of Battle (April, 2009) +4

Coral Sea 2009 was a +5

I just love that scenario, and this time it was another battle worthy of the time invested.
I am just sorry that there were a few imperfections that people could not/would not let go, and the BBS turned into a bigger, meaner battle than the scenario its self, it seemed.
It would be really nice if people could just take into account the fun and immersion factors, and chalk the rest up to, "That needs to be adjusted before it is run again".
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
Coral Sea '09 - +3.5

I think it's a great scenario, especialy with the side switch due to the differences in the plane sets.  Beutiful map too....  BUT... this damned AH terrain update patch had to be launched 25% of the way through this scenario being run (and that right there is -1 point.  And what pisses me off the most about it, it's not the CM's fault (the people who worked the hardest on this thing), but I sincerely hope that the HTC staff has apologized to our CMs at least for dropping the ball here (and it crashing down through our scenario's ceiling)), and amongst all things it effected the most with negative performance, bugs, and problems for previous users were the detailed water terrain updates...  and that's a mixed bag in itself for me....

• Frame Beta and 1: Good times, pre-patch, healthy attendances, things seem to be cruising along for a spectacular scenario.
  • Frame 2: Was OK, our attendance got wacked due to the update just being released a few days earlier, but I was able to run detailed terrain and water (no reflections) and have a beutiful and wonderful time.  Walkons I felt were of a good quality and listened and participated well.
  • Frame 3: Some patches to the update which caused negative performance on my machine which made me have to turn off the detailed water at first... a shame since I saw no land this scenario at all.  My opinion for most of this frame was that it looked like the Beta and Frame 1, except our attendance was still proked.  Then I found out that I couldn't see my torpedos in the water without detailed water.  Turned it on and while performance was playable, it was not enjoyable during the heat of battle at all.  Again, we had a good amount of walkons we had to deal with, to help patchup the gaps in our numbers of registered participants.
  • Frame 4: OK, so after this frame (ignoring the shenanigans and negative walkon participation which is where the -0.5 comes from) I think HTC owes saki and beer to every single one of us torpedo plane drivers.  Video performance (requireing detailed water turned on so we can see our torpedos in the water) was slightly better than Frame 3 (but still wasn't enjoyable... or nearly as good as it was in Frame 2 I should say), BUT it had some wierd new feature plugged in that disabled the detailed features uppon any stutter at all in the game.  The map, without these detailed terrain and water options activated, looks nasty.  I couldn't see my torpedos most of the time because the settings would be automaticaly disabled constantly.  So to sum-up Frame 4 for me: HTC in their wisdom decided that I should be forced to run at my computers best performance settings, which resulted in me not seeing my torpedos, and to be constantly disgusted by the look of the map with the detailed water and terrain off all the time.

editing now... sorry aparently the forum has this nice bug too now that will automaticaly scroll the reply window im typing in to the middle of the text-block instead of keeping it on the end, where I'm typing and would like to see what I'm typing.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 07:41:28 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 71313

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »
4 :rock
handle the business,before the business handles you

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »
Flown only two so far

Tunisia - +2 (B-17G)
Coral Sea - +4 (D3A1 + SBD)

Really wanted a fighter in both events, but as fate had it I was in bombers on both. Still very much enjoyed it and cant wait for the next one  :rock

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline postme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2009, 07:09:09 AM »

Due to long flight time's  before a short action, what is usual as bomber/torpedo pilot normal.
Coral sea was fun for me.
Hate the jap planes with bbguns on the back seat only.

SO 5 is my rating. :aok

Cya all in next scenario

postme

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
Coral Sea was one of the Highlights in Scenarios. A very strong 4+ maybe 5+. The thing that made it a bit hard were the dumps, update after Frame 1, and getting spanked!   :D  Otherwise, one of the best run and engineered to date. Those things were not in anyones control. Bravo All!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:28:07 PM by K-KEN »

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »
 I enjoyed Coral Sea and as my first registered scenario it was a blast I would rate it +3 .
 thanks for the hard work put in by everybody .
                            Nutte :salute
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »
From MGD via e-mail:

"Well done and add one point to the "most awsome" stats on my part :)

MGD"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2009, 02:18:07 AM »
Current ratings:

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2009, 02:27:12 AM »
Operation Husky +4 Bf110 Element leader  Great time, and used a great mix of relevant tactics.
Der Grosse Schlag+5  Me-109K Scout   It just will never get any better than this. Never.  Great group of pilots in squadron. Outstanding design and immersion, IMO
Battle of Britain '08 +3 Me-109 Element leader. [iHad good moments, but the one pop puffy ack kills over target...weak.
Tunisia ]-2 Tiger  Let's just say, when you make a historical scenario, read a little more of the history as to why there was an armored battle.  Spending 3 frames being bombed MA style, not that amusing, especially when both airforces were grounded by weather during the real battle for about 7 of the 10 days.  Shermans able to hit and turret a Tiger past any range, (6K+) and you never knew you were being shot at until your turret was out.  Gamey set up....MA style of play.  About the best thing that happened was getting main gun kills on  2 Bostons that strafed me for 15 minutes.  I logged off long before the end of the last frame.   And I actually only died once the entire scenario.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:37:21 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »
Coral Sea 2009---+5

Loved it, although i did miss some frames, i did score a few kills and I loved flying that F4F.
Strokes

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2009, 07:59:49 AM »
Been in quite a few now, and while I could comment on the different attributes of each, (mostly good) I'll comment on the one that I think was far and away the best. For me, that would be DGS without question. All aspects of this scenario was top notch! From the plane set/game play and terrain I thought it was without peer. The main reason however for my choice is the efforts of Fencer. He MADE this the absolute best scenario IMO based on the level of immersion, that he was responsible for, (pick a name for your plane w/ser. number, for me it was HEY YOU!) that I've never seen in any other scenario.

This is not a post only for the excellent efforts of Fencer, although he is deserved of all accolades sent his way, it is just my way of trying to express my feeling for the choice I've made, based on the main reason for feeling this way. Of course there were others that need a mention, and I hope they received their just do, but for me Fencer and DGS will be number one for quite sometime. A big +5
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 10:27:27 AM by Nutzoid »
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"