Author Topic: Next war???  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Next war???
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
Pakistan?
Bear in mind that they have nooks....
I can't believe none of you said Pakistan.
:lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
Finland vs Sweden

The rising Finnish 'Nokia' immigration to Sweden in the early 2010 and the mounting Swedish economic problems.

The Sweden has received 350'000 Finnish immigrants. At the same time, the Swedish consensus society has drifted to a constant turmoil, and the economy is plagued by a terminal labour strife.

The nationalist agitation in Sweden will cause a sudden increase in the separatist tendencies in the autonomous province of Åland.

Åland will turn into a Scandinavian version of Northern Ireland.

Lets rent the Åland for the Russia. Ok?

Operation Finland OTW

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »
I was there mid to late seventies, the yellow pole was a part of the treaty between East and West Germany. East German
guards were allowed to fire on escaping East Germans until they passed the yellow pole at which time they had to cease fire.
If they continued to fire after the escapee passed the yellow pole we were authorized to engage the East German position.

interesting. Never heard about that.
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 11:00:56 AM »
The next war?
 Just ask these questions.

What country does not care about there own people?
What country does not care about the civilians of the country they attack?
What country had long range delivery methods?
What country has a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare programs?

A war between the super powers will not happen. We all have too much to loose. The US, Russia, Great Britain, France and the others will sort there problems out.

Watch the new power countries. North Korea (ok there first one fizzled), Iran, India, Pakistan and the like.

And yes Johnny, EVERY COUNTRY has a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare program. Every single one.

Wildcard, that would be the terrorists. You never know where, when or how. But that was is already on going.

OK the big thing is (in the U.S.) you have to ask your self, are you between the ages of 18 and 26 and don’t have a 4.0 grade average in college?
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
I did a short hop Ramstein to visit my brother "army", and tour a bit, but that was my only time in Germany, circa '78. To me Germany was a paradise compared to where I was at. I loved Germany. On my flight back to the world the commercial air liner stopped in Bulgaria of all places. What a horrible place and was enough of communism I ever wanted to see. And terrorism? Remember? If anything it was even worse back then.

At one point Europe had so many nukes, and was such an armed camp, it was almost impossable to believe war would never break out there.

And  :salute back atya Tracer.

From the way you talked I thought maybe you had been on the E/W German border when the evil empire was still around.
I was there mid to late seventies, the yellow pole was a part of the treaty between East and West Germany. East German
guards were allowed to fire on escaping East Germans until they passed the yellow pole at which time they had to cease fire.
If they continued to fire after the escapee passed the yellow pole we were authorized to engage the East German position.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »
North Korea, they have been in the news alot recently unless they are just trying to intimidate President Obama. They cut off all relations with South Korea and they moved Balistic Missles near the border.

I am also thinking maybe Iran? They have been problem causers for a while now. Plus they are housing al-Quida and the Taliban with supplies.
OEF 11-12

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »
"And yes Johnny, EVERY COUNTRY has a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare program. Every single one. "

Nope.

And the ones having nooks are not that many at all.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
Globaly, we... the World... have never stopped fighting... it...the next war... whichever war we desire...past, present, future.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Pakistan?
Bear in mind that they have nooks....

Big whoop, they don't have B-29's
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »

Not quite everyone http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/index.html However building a chem/Bio program is so simple any 20'th, as in last, century industrial power could do so easily. And nuclear weapons really aren't so difficult. For instance medium sized, unremakable, countries like Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, South Africa, have all developed and tested nukes. Many, many nations have nuclear power programs and the development of the bomb is really only a question of national will and not technical expertise. Current or past nuclear powers. America, Russia, Britain, China, France, Israel, South Africa, Pakistan, India, Israel, North Korea. Saddam's Iraq would probably have had them by the Gulf war had not the Israelis bombed his huge, French built , reactor at Osirak.

Most dont know but the Saudis heavily financed both Saddam's and Pakistan's nuclear weapons program with an eye towards having their own bomb. Brazil was in cahoots with a shadow IRBM program figuring it would share missiles to get bomb knowledge. Heres an interesting read about the shadow world of nuclear research, that if is your feeling to safe we didn't find them in Iraq. http://www.ccc.nps.navy.mil/si/2006/Jul/albrightJul06.asp

"And yes Johnny, EVERY COUNTRY has a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare program. Every single one. "

Nope.

And the ones having nooks are not that many at all.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »
The only thing right now that makes any sense is Taiwan.   The convex meniscus is at it's limit.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »
Something in Africa.  We're already starting our buildup including command infrastructure and supply lines.

That's not official btw, just my own guess.

Agreed, eagl.  This puts us directly at odds with the Chinese, who have spent much of the money we give them for cheap WalMart toys to build up virtually every Sub Sahara African nation's infrastructure, with agreed payments in natural resources and direct access to them by Chinese companies alone.  We will be directly in competition with a country that can exceed our manufacturing base.  It is inevitable that the two, the US and China, won't agree....unless we or they bow out and allow either of the other access unfettered to those resources.

It will start in Africa, and spread.  The Russians will subsequently side with whoever gives them the best deal.... and that would be the Chinese.  The Japs... they'll stay outta this...their defense forces are woefully inadequate to directly confront such a large adversary, and they'll probably maintain neutrality, throwing us off their islands as well. They won't want their homeland turned to dust again. Australia will very probably be our only initial allied nation in the region.  
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »

It will start in Africa, and spread.  The Russians will subsequently side with whoever gives them the best deal.... and that would be the Chinese.  The Japs... they'll stay outta this... 

Did you also predict that the philadelphia eagles would go to the superbowl?

Offline Twister2

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
Cuba, They will come up through mexico after the satalite goes down. I'll form a group of rebels made up of high school kids. We'll have a catchy name like the bunnies or wolverines I am not completly decided on that. I am pretty sure at 35y/o I can pass as an 18y/o they did it on 90210 back in the day.

THE INSTIGATORS
Death to smileys.
Brad(twister2)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 06:58:54 PM »
Did you also predict that the philadelphia eagles would go to the superbowl?

(Image removed from quote.)

Kinda tough to remove the fan blinders sir.  Apologies.  It's more what I wanted, than anything on that one.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce