Author Topic: Next war???  (Read 3476 times)

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Re: Next war???
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
The next War will be in California.

How long until the welfare checks run out?
How long until the drug-fueled gangs push back?

California can't even pay out tax refunds.
California can't pay it's vendors and contractors. 
When the US economy can no longer support the welfare rolls we have a real problem. 

What nobody is saying is 1 million jobs lost is $1.6 billion a month Social Security revenue that is lost.  Congress already raided this fund, now it has to put it back big time. 

National Debt $1.2 Trillion.  Hummm Congress is gonna double that in one year.
National revenue from taxes.  $2.7 billion  Stimulus package $1 Trillion.

Next war is in the streets of California.
callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »
China/India/Pakistan, think something will kick off between 2 of those three
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »
Heck why worry about the next war?   If EEstor's idea works as claimed the whole world will end as we know it without anyone firing a single shot.

Here is a prediction from another site, I thought was interesting...

If EESTor works as claimed, game’s over - all lithium ion people can go home and look for new jobs.
===============================

I would gladly accept the loss of a ‘lithium ion people’ (plus a lot more) if their product is real.

Lets go down the foxhole here…and just for a moment assumed what EEStor says they have is real. According to them, they wil be able to mass produce a 52kWh pack for about $2,100, no degradation, 6 minute charge time…the whole thing weighs 330 pounds.

If EEStor could produce what they claim, it would be the single greatest invention since…since, I don’t know what. It would almost instantaneously and simultaneously solve many of the world’s problems…and create many more at the same time.

It would also displace many more, and larger things than just the ‘lithium ion people.’ It would be the end of the North American automanufacturing business, and most of the domestic suppliers with them…their money is made on premiums, and a tech like this would collapse the system.

It would also virtually end the dependence on foreign oil…but more than that, it would send several countries back to the stone ages (Kuwait, Nigeria, Algeria, etc), and it would throw some countries into civil war (Russia, Venezuela, Iran, etc), other countries would struggle to pick up that lost revenue stream (Saudi Arabia, Norway, Mexico, etc).

Domestically, it would also dramatically eat up revenue streams for our government very quickly, lost from the corporate/personal tax base forever. It would also put pressure on infrastructure, and surely it would be the final nail (and collapse) of the Federal Highway Trust Fund.

The problem with this one product, is in its promise. It is such a giant leap, it renders a HUGE part of the world’s economy (with many layers and levels) obsolute…and replaces it with a much, much more efficient, easy solution. ie) 1 ‘new’ job eliminates 50 old ones, one $1,000 EEStor battery displaces $30,000 of old revenues.

Thousands of other things would change too (electrical infrastructure, raw material industries like coal, natural gas, etc).

Countries would wake up and find their place and social status in the world had changed. Basically, the world would have to re-invent itself.

/personally, I would welcome the pain, because it is the good kind…the kind that eventually would bring positive change, to both people and the environment
//and it is still total BS
///happy…no delighted to be wrong

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
Well war with Iran is on the brink right now.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »
When has the USA started war with a nation which is even close to their own manufacturing and army strength? And picking a fight with a BIG nuclear power as well? Don't thing that one would go well, nor being likely to happen, since relations and trade with Russia have been improving.
And the Chinese, - what do you think they would do? Invade the USA? In this declining economy every country is losing jobs, and there are perhaps bad days ahead. But the chinese didn't have the good days for too long, - they are much less pampered than we are.

But the thing is, if we completely cut off trade, or even halve it, that could be millions out of jobs. 4.3% job loss out of 1.3 Billion people is about, if my math is correct, is about 58 MILLION people jobless.  :O
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »
So im curious.....

War in the future is inevitable, its something that is Human....

My prediction:  Or Russia will try to recapture lost territories, such as Georgia and Ukraine.....
:rofl
Why?No resources,surviving only on USA payments in exchange for military bases on their territory.Its your burden now.
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2009, 06:53:36 PM »

National Debt $1.2 Trillion. 

1.2?
I think it past 10 trillion.
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2009, 07:35:57 PM »
1.2?
I think it past 10 trillion.

it's 1.2 Trillions 'dollars'  not 10 Trillion 'rubles'

;)

However if the devaluation of the ruble continues it might be 20 Trillion rubles next week though...

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »
But the thing is, if we completely cut off trade, or even halve it, that could be millions out of jobs. 4.3% job loss out of 1.3 Billion people is about, if my math is correct, is about 58 MILLION people jobless.  :O

Not really.  We import far more stuff than we export on a dollar-for-dollar basis, even with the "benefit" of the stuff made overseas is cheaper than if it was made here.  If we cut off all trade of manufactured goods with other nations (and used whatever means necessary to ensure supply of raw materials), and just started making stuff here again, prices would skyrocket but we'd see very low unemployment.

Yes, the standard of living for the average low-skill worker would probably drop since your average broomstick maker would no longer be able to afford that 52" plasma and a new car every 3 years, but they'd have plenty to eat and wear and would probably be healthier overall since expensive tech gadgets and super-cheap foods contribute to America's obesity problem.  A little more time spent doing cheap or free leisure activities instead of plopping down in front of the tv would technically "lower the standard of living", but people would be a hell of a lot more healthy.

So cutting off all trade of manufactured goods...  Non-essentials would be a lot more expensive but we could make everything we need right here and use whatever means necessary to procure raw materials (what good is an expeditionary military if you don't USE it, eh?).  And maybe we'd actually benefit from the use of our military instead of just using it to whomp on people who are already perfectly happy beating on each other without our help.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
As a follow-up thought...

If there is a gulf war three, it damn well better be all about oil...  We spent too much money over there and got nothing for it.  If we're gonna spend that kind of money and expend lives romping around the world, we better be able to bring home some loot to make the expedition pay for itself.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
Seeing how the 1st and 2nd gulf wars were about oil, how could a 3rd gulf war NOT be about oil?

:huh

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
Seeing how the 1st and 2nd gulf wars were about oil, how could a 3rd gulf war NOT be about oil?

Nonsense.  The first gulf war was "about oil" in the sense that a trading partner was invaded in an area that had suffered an upset in stability, but we didn't go in there and take any oil.  We re-established regional stability and restored sovereignty to an allied trading partner, but we didn't establish any new supplies or procure special economic favors.  The second gulf war showed what happens when you badly scare the US after it's suffered an attack on US soil.  Trust me, being in the military I saw a whole lot of stuff that "proved" that Saddam was very close to being able to threaten not only the persian gulf region, but the entire world with chem/bio/nuke weapons.  I guess he was too damn good at bluffing because he scared a lot of people very badly, so badly that we called his bluff.  But did we get anything out of it?  I would argue that we got NOTHING out of it except the incentive to transform our military away from a cold-war footing that just isn't fully appropriate anymore.  But the cost has been enormous and we haven't gotten anything out of it.  It wasn't about oil, it was about frightening the civilian and military leaders of a nation that was under attack.

But thank you for commenting...  Your snippy remark is typical of people who are completely blinded by partisan political bickering and posturing, so much so that they refuse to examine and think about the real facts.  You attributed some pretty simplistic motivations (oil greed) to what was a hell of a complex situation when our nation had been attacked and we were faced with threats and posturing by opponents of all types and sizes.  Only one nation scared us enough to get pounded, and that was Iraq.  But it's just dumb to claim it was about the oil.  If it was, we'd have let Baghdad go to hell, brought in Exxon to set up oil fields, and secured a 1 mile wide strip of land for a pipeline while we filled up tankers.  Nobody could have stopped us.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:38 PM »

1st one wasn't about Oil.   Not even close.   It's a shame some accept the brainwashing that the media feeds em.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »
I have plenty of arguments against your point but will refrain from posting because this will lead us nowhere but downhill. I am here to make friends not enemies and as far as I'm concerned everyone in this game are my friends until they prove otherwise.

In the grand perspective this world has always been about money and power and that won't change.

The truth is only to be seen if you want to see it, but is still hard to find.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
1st one wasn't about Oil.   Not even close.   It's a shame some accept the brainwashing that the media feeds em.   

Oh the irony.

Truth has no agenda.